“posh”

Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Clean, comfortable, spacious rooms. The whole property is attractive and well maintained. A stay here does seem a little pricey, especially compared to comparable hotels in Las Vegas, and there are additional charges for things you might expect to be free, like parking, using the fitness center, etc. Its a long walk to Harrah's and too far to walk to any other Atlantic City resorts, but there are enough eating options in Borgata to keep some variety in your diet if you stay a couple of days.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Mr S
Write a ReviewReviews (3,946)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you're not a big gambler but love being around the action - Borgata is for you. I so enjoyed the restaurants, location, and the entertainment.

The slot machines seemed a bit cold however the experience made up for some minor losses.

Top of the line all the way around.

Room Tip: The spa services are a bit pricey but the local barbershop was only $30 dollars and worth the experi...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Craig B
Reviewed November 1, 2012

You can't go wrong staying at the Borgata. If you stay on a weekday to get an incredible room at a great price. The room was everything a room should be. Plenty to do and see while you stay there. Will go back again and again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank margaritasinmexi
Reviewed October 31, 2012

stayed at water club again on oct 26th, couldn't get a 2nd night comp so had to move to Borgata for a Saturday night comp. Borgata standard rooms are great, redesigned recently. Great casino, great bars, Old homestead was solid as per usual. Cant go wrong with either tower Borgata or Water Club.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank bms1974
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Every year I come here for my birthday. Great great great experience! 12 girls and 2 suites! Classy and crazy at the same time! Love that you don't have to ever leave this hotel for anything. Dinner, drinks, bars, and clubs all in one! The only "issue" I had was that they tried to not let us to our room with our bottle of alcohol, because they said no hard alcohol in the room. However, we just put it in out bag in kept going. Also, there was food left in the fridge and old French fries on the floor. We paid over $550 per night per room and I wouldn't expect the room to be left like that. We weren't really in the room that much, so it wasn't too big of an issue. Great time overall.

Room Tip: Use your borgata reward card to get a discount on your room
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank LoveAnts
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband and I go the Atlantic City about twice a year as we live about two hours away and work full time on weekdays. Thus, we are not offered free and discounted weekend nights. If you are in this category, read on, as this review does not apply to those who are regularly comped.
For my husband's birthday, we were booking two rooms for a Saturday night to take our adult children. Harrah's offered us two premium rooms, at about $600, compare to the Borgata, which offered us two rooms, no special category, for $800. We deliberated quite a bit, but decided for a more upscale experience. We also booked dinner for 4 at Bobby Flay's, and 4 tickets to the comedy club ( full price).
There was a storm brewing, and our plan was to come Saturday, spend the night, and enjoy the boardwalk on Sunday. I called and e-mailed to find out what was happening with the storm. I was told, and received an e-mail stating, that all was normal. When we arrived, an hour after the customer sent their e-mail, the signs all noted evacuation plans for Sunday. They had known about this way before I phoned and wrote, and simply lied.
We were given two rooms across the hall from each other. No upgrades were awailable, even thought they MUST have had cancellations for the storm. When I called to ask for a pillow ( they only give you three) , I requested a robe, so that I could go across the hall to my daughter at night. I was told, wait for it, " at your level of room we do not provide you with a robe". I told her we were spending over $800 for one night, but nope, no robe!
Bobby Flay's was excellent and over $100/person. The comedy show was good but we were the only ones not comped.
We gambled and I told the pit boss at the blackjack table that it was my husband's birthday in an hour. No friendliness. No "happy birthday" at midnight.
I ordered a Ketel One on the rocks at the table and they brought something that was not only not Ketel One, but it wasn't vodka.
We played the tables for quite a while, four of us. We asked at check out if we had " earned" any break on the room. They told us we should have obtained a hostess when we arrived, so no go.
Being told that I could not have a hotel robe was enough for me to say I will spend my leisure and gambling dollars elsewhere going forward. Room+restaurant+comdedy club= more tham $1,300, but we weren't in a high enough category. And, they charge for the work out room and the internet as well.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank dsf42
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Although the Borgata is a well maintained hotel in the Atlantic City area, I was a bit disappointed in the level of service. The front desk employees were not very cheerful and seemed "too busy" to care. We had made reservations at Bobby Flays restaurant, had called to confirm two days before and they still couldn't find our reservations when we arrived. Fortunately they had other tables available at 5:45pm. For the prices of the rooms, I expected to be pampered but the front desk and Bobby Flays reservations left a lot to be desired. The food at Bobby Flays however was excellent!
The slot machines weren't paying out too much although the waitresses were great in bringing the drinks around.

• Stayed: October 2012