“Nice Enough Stay” 3 of 5 bubbles

Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Ranked #1 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
“Nice Enough Stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

My boyfriend took me to AC for my birthday and had booked the borgata. Upon check in, I was informed that despite having booked a suite, we were given a regular king bed. Being 3am and exhausted from a rocky ride, we didn't fight it. The minute we were to be given a key, their entire system crashes and we have to wait an hour to get in our room.
The room itself was fine - nothing spectacular - could use some freshening up.
For food - don't expect to find something 24 hrs worth eating.
Drinks during gambling take forever, waitresses tend to focus on groups of 40+ year old men than anyone else.
Location is out of the way, but cabs in AC don't charge more than 13$ anywhere you go.
Overall, next time we'll stay elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank MNRW

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (817)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Upstate New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was the third time at the Borgata for us. We arrived on a Wednesday afternoon about 1:30 PM to check in and found that the room was not ready. No big deal, we were early by check in standards so we left the luggage with the bell desk and went off to the Casino to amuse ourselves for a couple of hours (that's when we were told to come back). Went to the B Bar for a relaxing drink after a four and a half hour ride. My husband hit back to back 4 aces and started the trip up $400.00. That was awesome! When the time was up, we went to pick up our keys and went on to our room on the 24th floor. The first thing I noticed that the hallway looked like it had not been vaccumed in a week. That was very surprising since prior stays here the cleanliness had been impecable. The room was standard with a great view of the city of Atlantic City. I have to say again that the cleanliness of the room was not up to my standards. I was disappointed because on my other stays I could tell that this Hotel and Casino was far and away better and cleaner than all of the rest in AC. Now it seems they are coming down on their high standards. I hope they read the reviews and go back to their original extraorindary service and cleanliness. The Casino was very quiet for a mid week night as I strolled around in seach of a hot machine. None was to be found. I was also disgusted with the filth of the machines from the smokers! We had dinner at the Ole Homestead Steakhouse the first night of our stay. The service was great but the meal...not so much. My husband loved his meal but my steak was a little tough for the money they charge. The second night of our stay we ate at Forneletto. It was good but I could not understand one word that our waiter said. We were very apprehensive about how our meal would come out. Turned out it was fine. The meal was very good.
Compared to other casinos that I have stayed at in AC, the Borgata is still far better and classier but they need to work on some things that are starting to slide. Overall I still love the place and I will be back. I hope next time it is better.

1 Thank MommaBurger
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

I had loved the elegant rooms at the Borgata...wonderful attention to decor and sparkling...just top of the line. This visit was different. The new decor lost it's elegance and went to overdone and way too modern and very dark. For the first time, very disappointed with cleanliness level in the bathroom...waterstains on the glass door, mildew in shower and a mirror also spotted. The service is always, great staffing!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank adayscalm
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Usually stay at the Waterclub but stayed at the Borgata last weekend. Had tickets to the Jerry Seinfeld show and decided to try out the new renovated rooms. Room was on the 42nd floor, great, great view and very nice for a classic room. The colors, drapes and bedding are all new. The room has a large flat screen tv, coffee maker and a small fridge which was very convenient because I like fresh milk in my coffee :). The bathroom had some renovations I think but the water just would not go through in the sink which was annoying. No robes provided in this room.
I love the Borgata and would go back there in a heartbeat but just trying to give readers a fair assessment. On the whole a lovely stay. The bar at Sea Blue is so great and the potato naans are to die for! Also won some money which was a bright spot. Jerry was amazing.
I think I prefer the Waterclub and the Immersion spa which is a little more upscale but for the price the Borgata rooms are nothing to complain about. Had a great weekend.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better.
3 Thank Lovegoodthings
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed in the Borgata using living social deal. Hotel was outstanding. Clean, and has more class than other hotels. I stayed in room overlooking Atlantic city shore line and other casinos. Room was very clean. From bed, dresser, TV and coffee pot. Staff was friendly and they was able to direct us to get on shuttle service between hotels. The current cost is $2.50 per person. Much cheaper than moving car from parking lot. That is $5.00 per exit. The restaurants on site is outstanding. Steak, seafood or American well worth the money. Dinner can be in 200.00 range for a couple. All have top Chefs and sometimes they will come to restaurant but you will have to get tickets. This hotel should be in Vegas but I am very pleased that it's a few hour drive for me and my husband. I also enjoyed the comedy show. The have top artist. Bottom line. I am planning my next trip.

• Stayed October 2012
7 Thank JWhite1824
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Played slots at The Borgata for a little over an hour on Father's Day. Was very surprised when we were "comp" a free room for Sept - Oct. So we spent a Thurs overnight at The Borgata.

My husband laughs because I was very impressed with the hallways. You get off the elevator on your floor & you see beautiful carpet & walls with a B monogram. You know it's going to be a quiet night for all the great soundproofing in the hall.

You step into your room. Nice room. Large & updated. You know you're going to be happy here.

The casino has all different slot games. Sorry to say, I maxed out on many games I shouldn't have. A penny times 300 is no penny. I'm really playing dollars. I would never play a dollar machine but I was in a round about way.

It was a good time. Worth the money. I just have to think I payed for the room in the end.

2 Thank 3Peggy
Selden, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have been going to the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa for years since it first opened. It is on the Marina side of Atlantic City. Still classy after all these years. Rooms are beautiful and most have been renovated. If I were to compare this place and Harrah's, which is right next to it, I would say that this would be a 4-5 star as opposed to Harrah's being a 3-4 depending on your room. In the rooms at the Borgata they have refrigerators, flat screen tv and a shower that the shower stall is huge enough that you can sit on a marble bench inside if needed. The jr. suites are wonderful too. In them there is a huge whirlpool bathtub with a separate bathroom w/door for the toilet. In the bathroom as well is a double vanity and a separate little vanity with a stool and lamp to put on your make up. Lots of closet space too and a safe in each room. There is also the Water Club at the Borgata which is a separte hotel but connected to the Borgata. Stayed there too. Rooms are beautiful and have a stocked refrigerator but if you move anything around in them to put in your own items then they charge you. Not on the Borgata side. The refrigerators are empty there so you can put in your own items. On the Water Club side there is a adults only indoor pool. This side is geered more for adults instead of children. There is also an outside pool opened during the summer season. Really nice. On the Borgata side there is an indoor pool but it gets a bit loud since children are allowed in it. No pool outside. No casino on the Water Club side but you just simply walk over to the Borgata side where all the restaurants are, the casino, the concert hall, dancing, bars, etc. Just a great place and I love it. Free Wi-Fi in the "Living Room" on the Borgata side but you do have wi-fi in rooms but you have to pay for it there. Once I was there with my daughter and she became ill and they escorted us to the behind the scenes to there medical clinic. Good to know there is one there with a doctor and nurse. It was interesting to see the area too because this is also where all the employees go. Again, love the place. Very attentive also to all your needs and the Spa, yes, I didn't get to mention specifics about that either as specifics for the restaurants, but the spa is a big WOW. They have a spa in both the Borgata and Water Club but the one in the Borgata is my favorite. There is a women's and a men's spa separate. They also have a barber shop for men w/a billard table and a Salon for the women. Excercise room is huge too.

3 Thank july1119