“Vegas Like Feel!!!”

Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
“Vegas Like Feel!!!”
Reviewed August 10, 2003

I don't know where all this poor reviews are coming from.The Borgata is ten times better than all the other Casinos in AC and I visited them all.The staff is great they are a little swamped and duh your going to get long lines and a longer wait checking in at a brand new Casino.All the employees I encountered seemed to be nice and smart and had good attitudes they were willing to listen to me and helped me when I had a problem getting my $50 comp slot dollars into my slot machine .The Casino itself is beautiful I loved the design of the retail area and the casino floor.The food was great especiallly the Borgata Buffet.The Borgata Buffet is easily the best Buffet in town a great selection of food and everything tasted fresh.The Bars are a little too expensive $6.00 for a Corona but nice.Like the soon to be Gov of California would say "I'll be back"!!!

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (872)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 9, 2003

This place was such a disappointment. We have styd in Bellagio in Vegas, and this hotel was supposed to be a compartive hotel, but it's only on the surface. The place is chaotic! From the music playing so loudly at check in, the clerk had to shout to be heard, from the hundreds of people going in every different direction at once! The help is surly and doesn't have a "clue" how to treat people. Every one there has an "attitude". The food in the deli was attrocious! Grey pastrami and when reported to the staff, was told to "enjoy".. and walked away.
From what we found out talking to everyone, hardly anyone won at the casinos. The slots are very tight, and the tables, not much better.

Rooms were very comfortable, beds wonderful, but we wouldn't stay there again, my nerves couldn't stand it.

18 Thank Sandpiper7364
Reviewed August 8, 2003

First I have stayed at all MGM-properties around the US. Second, this hotel has the worst service of any hotel. Yes, the hotel is beutiful, yes the rooms are spacious and extra large bathrooms. Yes, there are new amentities, nice restaurants; unfortunately you have the most rudest and obnoxious people a hotel has ever seen. When steve wynn opened the Bellagio he fired 1000 employees because he knew to be a great hotel meant having above average employees. We did meet some wonderful people as well as very a rude hotel front desk manager. our room was never cleaned one evening so when we told the front desk the next morning about this problem he told us "too bad you if this was important to you then you would have complained last evening and not this morning so I will do nothing for you" This manager is the rudest person to ever enter a hotel. It is incredible how a manager could handle a situation as this. There are nice people, such as the waittesses in the restaurants. We asked numerous staff where things were and they had no idea even where restaurants were located. I was at the hotel early in the morning the girl told me my room would be ready at noon, came back at noon-she then said 1:00--came back at 1:00 then went to 3:30; then they told me if I wanted a king bed I would have to come back at 5:00 (2000 rooms and no availability?) this was it I then got back on the line--got another girl at the front desk who said " I have a room; King ready NOW! the front desk is beyond incompetent. the casino is great! the food was average. The decor is nice. But when you have a rude staff you eventually end up with few customers. Hopefully they will get the message.

20 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 7, 2003

The advertising claimed the Borgata to be a luxury hotel. From the moment we drove up and had to park in the garage ourselves and drag our suitcases to the lobby for checkin (no signs showing us where the lobby was located) we knew the hotel was a fake. There were probably 125 people in line to check in before us, we waited close to 45 minutes to do so, and the high roller Black Borgata Card line had no one waiting!
What a disappointment!