“One of the more modern hotels in AC”

Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“One of the more modern hotels in AC”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

This is a review for a 3 stays total.

Pros:
- Very pleasant design aesthetic including Chihuly glass chandeliers and fixtures
- Amazing indoor pool with trees, 2 jacuzzis and floor to (very high) ceiling glass windows (read cons for one teeny thing I noticed though)
- Good pick restaurants including Bobby Flay's steak place
- Rooms were typical of below five star hotels - clean, spotless bathrooms, modern, HUGE bathrooms (for suites), good pillows and beds, good TV - no complaints here

Cons:
- Price - there are other cheaper hotels in the city but you pay for the experience really
- Only thing I remember was a cigarette butt by the jacuzzi but otherwise pool area was clean
- Minimal shopping - there must be less than ten stores there but includes Just Cavalli, Hugo Boss, La Perla, etc

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (856)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 19, 2011

CHECKING IN
We had booked a 4 night reservation at the Borgata. We were set to arrive late Thursday evening, however, due to unforeseen work issues, we did not make it until early Friday morning around 1am. Throughout the early evening and our drive we continued to follow up with the Borgata on our ETA so they would not give our King suite away. They assured us on the phone that there would be no issue. We arrive around 1am and they claim to have given our room away. The person at the front desk tells us that they can put us in a double room and try to find us a King in the morning. We weren't thrilled but accepted the fact and took the double. Prior to receiving our keys though we had to provide them with a card that incidentals could be charged on....about $150.00 a day. Those charges would then come off later (maybe a week or so). We provide the first card and she swiped it twice. She then said it didn't go through and she needed another card. We gave her another card and it went through. The next morning, prior to leaving to go out, we check our bank statements and over $2400 had been charged between the two cards. We called the front desk manager immediately and it was taken care of by the manager within a couple of hours. The manager was extremely helpful but the initial desk person was not very friendly and was a bit rude when the charges would not go through and when we were disappointed that our room was given away.

THE ROOM
The double room was not bad. We had a great view of the water and it was neat and clean. The bathroom, while upgraded, left a lot to be desired in the cleanliness category. The water closet (where toilet is) walls had yellow stains on the wallpaper around the toilet. I can only imagine it was either urine, throw up, or both. There was a puke odor coming from the bathroom from the initial night. We almost couldn't bare to brush our teeth or wash our face at night in the sink because it smelled so bad. It was as if someone had puked in the sink, which is what I think happened. When the whole fiasco happened the next morning with the overcharges and then the mentioning of the throw up, we were upgraded to a King suite. That room was absolutely fabulous and the bathroom alone was the size of the room we had just come from.

SERVICE
Overall, everyone that worked there was friendly and helpful. We did not utilize the casino at all, but we did frequent several of the restaurants - Noodles of the World, the food court, and Bobby Flay's Steak and they were all very good. The room service hours were good as well and while room service pricing is usually high, I found the portions and quality to be fairly good for the price.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
CustomerAssurance, Manager at Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa, responded to this review, July 21, 2011
Dear AlicynD,

Thank you for sharing your experiences at Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa. I was disappointed to hear of the difficulties you encountered during your hotel check-in process. Also, your description of the bathroom in your guestroom certainly does not meet our expectations. I shared your review with our front office and housekeeping management teams. Be assured that they will use your comments to better our products and services for our future guests. I am happy that you enjoyed our restaurants and the service our associates provided. Perhaps we can welcome you back to Borgata in the near future!

Best,
Joanna
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I will never return to Atlantic City again after my recent stay here. The staff is obnoxious and rude, and I have never been so uncomfortable in my life.

• Stayed July 2011
7 Thank johncurcio
Dear johncurcio:

I am sorry you did not enjoy your visit to Borgata and Atlantic City. I am concerned that our associates made you feel uncomfortable. Should you wish to speak about your experience, please reach us at 609-317-1000. We apologize for not meeting your expectations
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Took long weekend and was pretty happy. Room was fine, clean, and overall comfortable. Great restaurant choices. No hassle parking and overall friendly and efficient staff.
Only negative was small pool for size of property.

Room Tip: Uppoer floor
PA
Reviewed July 17, 2011

This was a last minute idea. We booked a suite and, all I can say is WOW. We had a beautiful skyline view. Room was on the 23rd floor. Very spacious and clean. The bathroom is amazing with double sinks, large bath tub and separate walk-in shower. The 52" flat screen t.v. was a nice added feature.

Although, we didn't spend much time in the room, our stay was wonderful. We had dinner at their buffet the first night. So much food and something for everyone. Desserts were amazing! Breakfast the next morning was at the Metropolitan. You have to try their cinnamon french toast. Absolutely delicious! My friend had the blueberry pancakes, which was loaded with blueberries and also delicious.

For the second night, we wanted something low-key and tried their food court. They offer a very nice variety of foods. We decided on Fatburgers. Made-to-order burgers with all the condiments you could ask for. Excellent burgers!! Highly recommend trying one.

Staff is very nice and professional. Will definitely make a return visit.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank HappyMom_10
Punta Gorda, Florida
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I've been a guest at Borgata so many times, I'm surprised I never reviewed it before. I visit Atlantic City 4 or 5 times a year, and now always stay at Borgata. This past weekend I was there with my spouse and had an excellent stay as usual. Check in on Saturday was swift. I'm a Black card holder (separate line), but even the long line for regular check in was moving fast. Our room was clean, with a great view of the AC casinos and beach, and the large well equipped bathroom had everything in order. Borgata's Fiore suites are very spacious and have huge flat screen TVs; their regular rooms have the old style tube TVs. No issue for me either way since we usually don't even turn it on. I appreciate that Borgata still has a mini fridge and coffee maker in the room -- I put those to good use!

The property is the nicest you'll find in AC: very bright, clean, upscale finishes, and great restaurants and bars to choose from. Bobby Flay Steak, Old Homestead, SeaBlue, Fornelletto and the Buffet are all excellent choices, depending on your mood. The casino is big and clean, and they seem to always have new and different slots to play every time I go.

It's rare that I ever find anything wrong with a room, but once I checked into a suite and found a burned out light bulb and non working hairdryer in the bathroom. I left a note for Housekeeping when they cleaned the next day, and both items were replaced by the time I returned to the room. Overall I've found excellent customer service there.

They do charge for internet service in room, but go downstairs to "The Living Room" where there are many comfy sofas and chairs -- free internet there. Also, the swimming pool is indoor only, although they have a very nice outdoor patio area connected to the pool to relax and get some sun.

Just as when buying airfare, your room rate at any hotel will depend on any number of things. I love this hotel, but I do understand some reviewers who were disappointed in spending $500 a night to stay in a regular room. It's not brand new anymore, and I would not pay that kind of money to stay there. If you get a good deal though, Borgata is a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: I always ask for an upper level room with a city view.
New York City
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Just got back from a quick weekend stay. The Borgata is still the best place to stay and gamble in A.C. The casino is large and can handle a summer weekend with no problem.
There were plenty of new slots and the mix of young and older players is the best in A.C.
Check-in was quick and the room was ready.
The rooms are starting to show their age. With the normal warn carpet and chairs but compared to the other hotels on the boardwalk they still come out ahead.
The eating choices are very good but pricey. Try the Chinese Noodle (N.O.W.) restaurant.
The menu and food is top notch.
The best part of this trip was getting to see Johnny Mathis in concert at the Event Center.
The room was large and seating was OK because of the multi – purpose usage of the room.
So do not expect comfortable seats, still the view was fine. It’s about the show and Mr. Mathis was “Wonderful, Wonderful”. Backed by a twenty piece orchestra Mr. Mathis still has one of the most unique and beautiful voices ever. My wife and I enjoyed the show and our stay.
We visit Atlantic City about 10 to 12 days during the year and the Borgata is still the best place to stay and pay.

Room Tip: Stay in the standard rooms the water club is overrated.
1 Thank rmrf2000