“Eerily empty!”
Review of Revel - CLOSED

Revel
More attraction details
Owner description: Revel is a new destination for uncommon recreation. The beachfront resort is smoke-free and features more than 1,800 rooms with sweeping ocean views. Designed to embrace its natural surroundings, Revel curates a collection of daylife and nightlife experiences crafted to bring the outside in and the inside out. Indoor and outdoor pools, gardens, lounges, and a 32,000-square-foot spa provide guests with a relaxing resort, while an outstanding collection of 14 restaurant concepts from award-wining chefs and restaurateurs, live entertainment featuring marquee acts and international artists, nightclubs, an oceanfront dayclub, a casino that feels like a theatre and a collection of boutiques in The Row tailor to each guest’s passions.Revel features more than a dozen restaurants from renowned chefs and restaurateurs who have a vested interest in Revel and bring their signature flair from their regional restaurants in Washington, D.C., Philadelphia and New York City. Strong entrepreneurial spirits and a tremendous talent to create gastronomic and lifestyle experiences are common threads among Revel’s partners.
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Eerily empty!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I had breakfast upstairs with 5 other friends. We spent $300 on eggs and coffee?? It was not worth it. The place is huge. It is non-smoking throughout which is a huge plus, but it's just empty and the staff didn't seem as friendly as other casinos. One gal actually had trouble directing me to the ladies room. Maybe they will get better with time, but I won't be back...

Visited August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Ocean City, New Jersey
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Revel, what a failure.”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The locals had such high expectations. Turns out, The whole concept is poor. The layout. The signage, or lack thereof, The pricing is over the top, No Smoking. Really, you alienated an entire demographic of high rollers. When they loose alot of money, they like to smoke. However, the convert venue is the only reason worth visiting.

1 Thank Gracedelg
Jersey City, New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Tiesto NYE”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We went to see Tiesto perform at Ovation Hall on NYE, and it was pretty amazing. The concert hall wasnt too large, but still big enough to not feel overly crowded. And the sound system and lighting were fantastic.

NY
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 121 helpful votes
“Its just OK......”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We have been hearing great things about the Revel...I have been watching its growth over the past few years when we go to AC. So my wife and I went there on a recent trip to AC to check it out.......The outside is beautiful and inviting I think what a great start, however when you go inside its dark with heavy wood acents, so we walked around to see what they had. The average mix of games with some new slots in the mix, the place was not busy at all. I found my favorite game Sex & The City cascading reels.....I became addicted to it in LV.....so we played and won...........nothing and that trend continued for the time we were there.....we could not win a nickle......I understand that you dont win all the time however when you literally dont win a dime on any machine its not a good thing.. Dont believe the hype stay at Harrahs its much better.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank David G
Long Island City, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“No smoking”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Very nice no smoke,no road maps in casino hard to find your way around. Could use more bill changer machines