“Ok, location, might be a good deal if cheap enough”
Review of Showboat Atlantic City Casino - CLOSED

Showboat Atlantic City Casino
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: An icon on Atlantic City's storied Boardwalk for 21 years, the Showboat Hotel is back and better than ever. This much-loved landmark welcomes a new generation of families (and their furry friends) with 872 spacious, updated guest rooms and suites, top-notch food and drink at three hotspots, and easy access to Atlantic City's best amusements, world-class casinos, local wineries and must-see sights.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

OK, first let me say that this is a review from the perspective of a poker addict, so a lot of my comments may not apply to everyone. Overall Caesar’s properties are probably are not the highest quality. It depends on what you are looking for. The location is OK. It is on the boardwalk , but somewhat outside the center of action.
First of all, get a players card, even if you gamble little to never. You will get better rates for rooms and food and a little credit for playing and chances to enter drawings and other promotions. It will also get you reduced parking or free parking. The credits earned here can get you benefits at all Caesar’s properties, everywhere. Make sure that you understand how all of the credits, tier scores, and incentives work. There are a lot of them. Get one for every member of your family over 21. You might want to space out when you get them, because they give a sign up incentive usually. This is true for all casinos in AC.
The only real reason that I choose Caesar’s properties is that I can get incentives and cheaper rates at all properties. Since I travel a lot and play poker everywhere I go, this is very important to me. If I just went to AC, I might consider a higher quality property like Borgota. I think the other properties in AC may have higher quality and some better incentives if you don’t care about being able to take advantage of them in other locations or the fact that Caesar’s has four properties (Harrah’s, Showboat, Caesar’s, Bally’s) in AC.
If you are looking for variety of stuff to do and good location, I would consider the Tropicana. I have never stayed there, but they have several good restaurant and entertainment choices.
Their poker room is OK, but not as busy as others. Casinos in AC give better incentives than most. They also take a lower rake. The poker rate can be half of that in lower quality poker rooms in CA and other states. Since Caesar’s is a huge company, if you play here, you will reap benefits in other places. I travel a lot, so this matters to me. Get the sheet of paper that shows all of their incentives throughout the month. Some are very good. They do change frequently.
As a hotel, don't expect service or quality like you would from a Marriott or Hilton. These guys are not in the hotel business. Generally, the people on the reservation line for Caesar’s are not helpful or friendly (there are some exceptions).
There is not a lot to do or good places to eat in the casino, compared to others. The exception is that if there is someone good playing in the house of blues.
They don’t offer free internet. Why not?

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Lots of our favorite machines and in our favorite section of the Boardwalk. Good food and free self-parking offers.

2  Thank Tony A
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Its a large casino so if you like slots you will enjoy it here, they have table games too but I like penny slots and there are all different kinds, its clean and well lit, fun place to go in Atlantic City.

2  Thank imreadyletsgo52
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is one of the older casinos but I seem to do well here. They have all of my favorite slot machines. Their buffet is pretty good too.

1  Thank Wanda C