“Don't expect real hotel quality”

Bally's Atlantic City Casino
More attraction details
Owner description: This 80,000 square-foot casino offers a variety of games that include Blackjack, Craps, Poker and Baccarat.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

OK, first let me say that this is a review from the perspective of a poker addict, so a lot of my comments may not apply to everyone. Overall Caesar’s properties are probably are not the highest quality. It depends on what you are looking for. The location is great. It is on the boardwalk , inside the center of action. Outlet shopping in easy walking distance.
First of all, get a players card, even if you gamble little to never. You will get better rates for rooms and food and a little credit for playing and chances to enter drawings and other promotions. It will also get you reduced parking or free parking. The credits earned here can get you benefits at all Caesar’s properties, everywhere. Make sure that you understand how all of the credits, tier scores, and incentives work. There are a lot of them. Get one for every member of your family over 21. You might want to space out when you get them, because they give a sign up incentive usually. This is true for all casinos in AC.
The only real reason that I choose Caesar’s properties is that I can get incentives and cheaper rates at all properties. Since I travel a lot and play poker everywhere I go, this is very important to me. If I just went to AC, I might consider a higher quality property like Borgota. I think the other properties in AC may have higher quality and some better incentives if you don’t care about being able to take advantage of them in other locations or the fact that Caesar’s has four properties (Harrah’s, Showboat, Caesar’s, Bally’s) in AC.
Attached to Caesar’s. Not much entertainment in Bally’s except their pop star imitation show. Caesar’s has more.
Their poker room is running down, but staff is pretty good. Casinos in AC give better incentives than most. They also take a lower rake. The poker rate can be half of that in lower quality poker rooms in CA and other states. Since Caesar’s is a huge company, if you play here, you will reap benefits in other places. I travel a lot, so this matters to me. Get the sheet of paper that shows all of their incentives throughout the month. Some are very good. They do change frequently.
As a hotel, don't expect service or quality like you would from a Marriott or Hilton. These guys are not in the hotel business. Generally, the people on the reservation line for Caesar’s are not helpful or friendly (there are some exceptions). If you get a cheaper room, they will likely stick you in the Claridge tower. This is the old Claridge Hotel. It is an old building. Some rooms have been renovated, others are in bad shape in the Claridge. If your room smells like smoke or mold, insist on a room change. Last time, it was fine. All of the rooms in the main tower are much nicer. All of the rooms have refrigerators and coffee makers. They don’t offer free internet. Why not? Long line for check in. They may have automatic check in machines working now. If so, line will be shorter. Check out by phone. Parking garage smells like urine. Why not spend a few bucks and clean up?
There is a few good places to eat in the casino and Caesar’s. I like the noodle bar on the main casino floor. 6 restaurant outside the poker room on the 6th floor is also OK.

2  Thank Pokerroamer
Write a ReviewReviews (1,284)
All reviews
in 17 reviews
"servers"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My Review is for the Casino/Bus Terminal/Check Baggie Staff….LOVE LOVE LOVE BALLY’S….I love that fact that I can go right to the Casino, to get my greyhound bus to come home….Also, it’s very helpful in Atlantic City, that this major hotel, lets you check your bags in their Baggage Check room even if you did not stay in their hotel….I’m upset with myself that I didn’t get the gentleman’s name….When he saw us struggle with our bags, going to the Bus Terminal, he stop us, told us to go downstairs, he’ll bring the bags down….Came down, got a cart, took our things to the terminal, with a smile on his face, like he was luckiest person around , cause he helps us…..Bally’s you have some great employees….

1  Thank DiorNicole
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I had not been to Atlantic City in a number of years and decided to go. Me and a friend of mine decided to take three days and get away. After reading the reviews about Bally's I was a little hesitant but decided to "take the plunge" anyway. I had not been to Bally's in over 10 years and wanted to see what it was like now. I am Happy that I did. The check in was a little slow. But I had read about that and was prepared. I was in no hurry since this was my first vacation in a long while. I had read about Bally's placing people in claridge and was very happy to find out upon check in that we got into the Bally's Tower. It was very nice. It was clean. I had no complaints about the room at all, from the bathroom to the beds, it was great. Our view looked down the boardwalk towards Tropicana with a little bit of the beach and a little of the city. Did not mind the view at all. Got both technically, but considering that i was not expecting the tower I was not going to complain. The stay was wonderful. I was a little bummed however about all the areas that were shut off and no longer in use including the buffet. Ended up going over to cesars to eat. Did not win too much but it is a gambling casino and was not expecting to walk away with lots. Over all I found it to be a very nice relaxing trip. I would most certainly recommend it and come again.

2  Thank ike712
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The "Legends" part of the casino had the dealers dressed like, well, "legends" and I felt sorry for some of them. One dealer was dressed in a bikini top and some kind of pants-her name tag said she was Jennifer Lopez. Really it could have just said "I am uncomfortable". Left the table and the area pretty quickly-not into awkwardness. The next night hit the regular part of the casino and had a great time-actually got drink service which was nice and the dealer did an impressive job of diffusing a situation between 2 players at the table-mind you she should have called security as one of the men was just way to drunk but I guess since she handled them so well it was probably just as well she didn't. It was bizarre that chips I had from the day before from Ballys were not cashable at Caesars given they share a loyalty card and in Vegas all chips work everywhere but since I had to go back to Ballys to cash them I just used them to play and ended up having a great time.

1  Thank Bonnietheb