“Grotto Surprise- Put this one on your GO-TO list” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grotto

Grotto
Reserve with OpenTable
Grotto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #91 of 393 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Huron Ave. & Brigantine Blvd.
Description: Inspired by classic Southern Italian cooking, Grotto features delicious veal, chicken, seafood and pastas. The breathtaking decor features spectacular hand-blown glass chandeliers, whimsical murals and custom made polished iron scrollwork. Wine connoisseurs will be impressed with the extensive collection of Italian and domestic selections. With our winning combination of impeccable service, superb cuisine and passion for detail, Grotto is the perfect Atlantic City location for Italian dining.
Egg Harbor Township
“Grotto Surprise- Put this one on your GO-TO list”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Surprising on so many levels, this casino restaurant is worth the visit. It is not your typical setting, being open to the casino floor and close to the slot machine area, don't expect a intimate or romantic dinner. The surprise starts with the capable, well-trained staff, friendly hostess- then continues into great selection of appetizers and salads (appetizers are LARGE, be careful). Good, but not large selection of Entrees and pizza, but all six in our party found dishes that were perfect for their tastes. Every dish that arrived was well-presented, hot and timely fresh as expected. Awesome every one! there was a lot of picking and sharing (stealing) going on at our table... you'll have to protect your plate.... We managed to order desert, again surpriingly good.
The tab was surprising also -- easy on the wallet. What a great experience we can't wait for an excuse to go back.
ps.. We didn't know this was a Landry's chain restaurant (that was our last pleasant surprise)

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

New Jersey
“Dinner at the Grotto”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

When we stayed at the Golden Nugget we ate dinner at the Grotto Ristorante. It is in the Casino but set back - we enjoyed the atmosphere. We had a great dinner that was reasonably priced, which was a nice surprise.

Our Server Dave was extremely knowledgable about the menu, gave us great recommendations and was able to answer all our questions. His service and attention to the customer was excellent!!!

Had the BEST Mango Martini - I have ever had!

I would go back for dinner and the Mango Martini!!!!

Would definitely

• Visited November 2012
“One of our favorites!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Had another wonderful meal at the Grotto at the Golden Nugget in A.c.. I had the rotisserie chicken which was delicious.... Seasoned perfectly , tender, fell off the bone. My husband had spaghetti Bolognese. Yum. Our server was Kelly....delightful and professional. We enjoyed Kelly and our meal!

Pittsburgh
“Nice dinner, will be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Headed to the Golden Nugget from Resorts to dine here. Wanted Italian, and they had the best prices from the places we researched.

It is in the middle of the casino, but we enjoyed the atmosphere of it. It wasn't overy loud, and being able to look out onto the floor was nice.

Service was great. Friendly, fast, and efficient.

Had the cannelloni for an app which was amazing. Veal and eggplant parm were both delicious. The red sauce they used was quite tasty. The side of spaghetti served with it was a little small, but expected in a casino restaurant. Dinner is served with fresh bread which was also good.

I had the paglia e fieno. I wasn't pleased with it. The meal was bland. Sauce had little/no flavor, and the proscuitto was so finely chopped you couldn't taste it. The portion was pretty good though, just wish it would've been better.

Even though I didn't really enjoy my meal, I still gave it 5 stars. Everything else was so spot on that I feel that maybe my expectations of the cream sauce were maybe a little too high (I make my own which is full of flavor).

This was the best priced Italian restaurant we could find in a casino. I'm sure even the ones that charge $10+ more give the same size portions and also don't include salads.

We were pleased and we will be back. I would recommend giving it a try.

• Visited October 2012
Pittsburgh
“Excellent Meal Here!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

My wife and I had dinner here during our stay at the Golden Nugget. My wife is Italian and is very particular about eating at Italian restaurants. We had the tomato Basil soup and Mozzerella appetizer both of which were excellent. I had the Raviolli in Vodka Sauce and she had the Pasta Daivola which we both loved. Service was fast and friendly and we really didn't mind the fact that the resaurant was in the middle of the casino. We had no complaints and would eat here again. The only reason I didn't rate it excellent was the portions were a little smaller than I expected.

• Visited September 2012