WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“The place is okay, not as bad as the reviews” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Royal Suites at Atlantic Palace

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Atlantic City
Royal Suites at Atlantic Palace
Ranked #23 of 52 Hotels in Atlantic City
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“The place is okay, not as bad as the reviews”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

I booked this hotel because it was really cheap and convenient.
Be wary of the huge rules and regulations, the one that almost caught me out was that they charge your card 48 hours before you arrive. So if it declines, your booking is cancelled and that's final... I had lost my credit card, therefore getting a new one and was travelling from Australia and was pretty much travelling without any internet for 48 hours before i got there..
The lady told me what happened and told me the new rates for if i want to rebook which was triple the price (it was memorial day weekend, everything was booked)
I couldn't afford that and was on the verge of calling home for help when the lady could see how distraught i was and contacted the CEO of the company who was kind enough to let me have the room for the cheap rate again..
The lady even gave me an ocean view room on level 23 (which they usually charge an extra $75 a night for), the view was amazing. The room was clean and neat and tidy, the bedding was pretty dated and really motel styled..
There was like 10 towels replaced in my room every day (god knows why, but there wasnt any harm)
The only real off putting thing is all the warning signs everywhere for how much itd cost if you broke something.. literally, about 4 signs around the room... One being about if you unplug your tv, then its too bad, ur tv won't work for your whole stay..
I did accidentally knock the socket out because it had some cheap double adapter, but i plugged it back in and it worked...

They also even have a laundry room every few floors and vending machines every few floors which was different for a hotel and handy.

The place is average and okay for the pricing (the more in advance you book, the cheaper it is)

Room Tip: Book in advance for cheaper rates and ask for a higher floor with view of the ocean
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Branden1990

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Niagara Falls
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

Basically, the hotel itself is in an excellent location, and the view that we had from our studio was excellent and we were lucky enough to be on a high floor. Having said that, the problem with a high floor is that the lifts at this place are the slowest ive ever come across.. you literally wait 10 mins sometimes for a lift!! I also had problems everyday with my access cards, for which can i add that you have to pay a key deposit for?!! They are old bent and dont even work! Having worked in the hotel industry I am aware that these cards cost next to nothing to replace so the key deposit is unjustified, As well, you have to pay for internet, which is ridiculous, considering that the hotel that we stayed at prior to checkin was a third of the price and had internet complimentary. The bed was rockhard and the pool was dirty and overused, and the rooms were in need of maintenance. You have to pay a significant security deposit upon arrival, which appeared reasonable until i went upstairs to me room and found the bathroom door literally hanging from only one hinge. They also charge you if you leave dirty dishes upon check out. Seriously?!! On a positive note, staff were good, maintenance were prompt.. i feel sorry for them, they must be busy!!

Room Tip: Try to get a room that is high and have a boardwalk view. Beware though that you will probably have...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shelle H

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

Was going to Atlantic City for a short weekend getaway, and concert. Found the Atlantic Palace online, and like that it was close to the House of Blues for the concert we were attending and the restaurant I reserved for dinner. Walked into the room and was very happy with the size and ocean views. The entier one wall was windows overlooking the ocean and boardwalk. Did not use kitchenette, but was very nice. The bed and pillows were awful, defintiely could use an upgrade there. Also there was a whistling from the wind coming from the one window that could be opened. Other than those two things, I was very pleased with the hotel and staff. Could possible find something nicer for the $$, but view made up for anyhting that we did not like.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

This was not the first time I stayed at this hotel but I had more issues this time around than ever. The rooms were wonderful but there is too much that is unsaid at time of booking and even at check in. The total amount is never detailed, not including security deposits, room key fees etc. If you need more info you will NEVER be able to speak w/ anyone only via email. Customer service non existant. If you intend to stay here you better have $1000 to blow on holds, me personally I'd rather stay in Harrah's...they think they're Vegas and even in Vegas you would never deal with this many issues.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Kenny S
Camden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2011

My Fianance and I stayed a week at the Atlantic Palace 1bedroom suite and we had an amazing time!!! the suite was very spacious had an extra bed, extra television, full kitchen, dining area, living room area, jacuzzi and a nice size bathroom! the staff were very kind and helpful and made our stay extremely warm.On top of our relaxation we were also able to get our workout on in the gym area, as well as tap into our kiddie side in the gameroom!lol< I absolutely adored my stay, so much so, we have booked a second stay there in a couple months, and we cannot wait to return!!!< Atlantic Palace gets a true 5*****

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Barbara L
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

Really enjoyed the stay. Rooms are neat and the Jacuzzi was real nice. They must upgrade the rooms, the furniture and carpets over all... I think that;s what is preventing me from giving it a 5 star rating. Also they must make the rear entrance from the boardwalk accessible. Over all a good place to stay if you are on a budget.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor. you get a fantastic view!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Roshan G
Trenton, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

Me and my gf were very disappointed with our stay here. We researched a plethora of hotels and resorts along the boardwalk and judging from reviews and pictures this place looked like an awesome place to stay. The 'No Party' rule is new to me but I liked it because this ensured that we wouldn't hear loud obnoxious behavior from neighboring rooms during our stay. But overall the experience was not enjoyable.

We arrived about 7pm on a Friday and checked in with no problems. The parking garage was rather tight with catastrophically low ceilings but unless u had a family van or mammoth SUV it shouldn't be much of a problem to maneuver. What really didn't sit well with me was that there was no elevator in the parking garage. You were forced to walk flights of steps down to the ground level after parking your car. And from there you'd have to walk over to the front entrance of the building which was a breeze way of biblical proportions (or so it felt). On a November night, mixed with ocean breezes, it felt like a chilly January morning.

The lobby and elevators were clean and well-kept. You may have to wait awhile for an elevator simply because there are over 20 floors and only 3 elevators so I can't really rage about that too much. We were on the 10th floor. The hallways were clean here and smelled like hand soap. That smell was odd to me but I'd rather that then the faint smell of urine, smoke or garbage. Now once we get into our room, that is when the true disappointment of the evening sets in. When we looked online at pictures, the rooms looked immaculate. Not overly spacious, being as we reserved a studio suite, but spacious enough. The kitchenette looked clean and modern, the queen sized bed looked soft and comfortable, just a delightful and relaxing atmosphere to spend your time after roaming the boardwalk and casinos. What we walked into was lavish and swank if it were 1978. The microwave, fridge and stove were extremely dated. Not just dated, they were ancient artifacts that should be studied rather than utilized. The bed was a full size that was very low to the ground and the pillows felt like newspaper and Sunday morning coupon clippings shoved into a cheap t-shirt. Me and my gf did not have ONE decent night of sleep because of this raggedy bed. The 30 inch 'flat screen' tv was put high atop a wall bed which made watching tv just that much more awkward. And I understand they don't want their property destroyed or damaged but there had to be atleast 5 disclaimer signs in any given area of the room. You cant leave dirty dishes, you can't unplug the 'tv remote sensor' that looks strangely like a hidden camera that's aimed directly at your bed, you can't leave the room in an extremely messy condition (because we are all on one accord of what makes a room 'messy' as opposed to 'extremely messy' right?), if anything is damaged or missing upon check out you are required to notify them or you will be charged (that's a given) BUT they then give you a list of prices for all the objects in the room and how much you'll pay if damage or misfortune comes to any of it.... Oh and on the table they have an envelope asking you to tip their maids. I know all of that sounds laughable and fabricated but believe me that none of it is exaggerated. The bathroom wasn't too bad except for the toilet which almost required you to do a Hulk Hogan leg drop on the handle to make it slowly and gently flush. We didn't use the jetted tub. No reason for that, it looked fine we just had no interest in it to be honest.

Another unacceptable tidbit I'd like to make note of, after 11pm the door on the boardwalk is locked. You'll have to walk around to the front entrance and use your card to gain access to the building that way. Before 11pm, I haven't the slightest idea what rule is in place as far as getting into the building. On Saturday morning, we went out for breakfast and came back at about 12 but couldn't get into the building for some reason. Our card didn't work at all so we had to be buzzed in. My complaint with that is that if you're going to buzz in any warm bodied being that's at the door, why even require card access? If they saw us struggling with the card they could've buzzed us in earlier and if they didn't see us struggling they basically buzzed in two complete non-residents which makes all security measures pointless.

The best thing about Atlantic Palace is it's location. That alone can't be beaten for the fact it's in the middle of everything. It doesn't have it's own casino but you're easily within walking distance (or staggering distance depending on the kind of day you're having) to a casino or nightclub.

The worst thing about Atlantic Palace is everything else. It presents itself like a modern, up to date and luxurious resort for a great price. Truth be told, I could've spent the money elsewhere and got a better suite at a well known casino hotel on the boardwalk.

I'd say this place is GREAT for older people who have no intentions of touching anything but slot machines, basic cable remotes and snooze alarm buttons. But if you want to relax on a mattress and pillow that doesn't feel like the exact same hay baby jesus slept on or go to a concert at House of Blues and come back to your hotel and feel like a teenager who got locked out of the house or play an arcade that's younger than Justin Bieber or maybe even spend over 140 a night and NOT feel like you woke up on the set of Three's Company then you may want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple