New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Royal Suites at Atlantic Palace

Royal Suites at Atlantic Palace
Ranked #25 of 53 Hotels in Atlantic City
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Great room for a day or two.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Was going to Atlantic City for a short weekend getaway, and concert. Found the Atlantic Palace online, and like that it was close to the House of Blues for the concert we were attending and the restaurant I reserved for dinner. Walked into the room and was very happy with the size and ocean views. The entier one wall was windows overlooking the ocean and boardwalk. Did not use kitchenette, but was very nice. The bed and pillows were awful, defintiely could use an upgrade there. Also there was a whistling from the wind coming from the one window that could be opened. Other than those two things, I was very pleased with the hotel and staff. Could possible find something nicer for the $$, but view made up for anyhting that we did not like.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

This was not the first time I stayed at this hotel but I had more issues this time around than ever. The rooms were wonderful but there is too much that is unsaid at time of booking and even at check in. The total amount is never detailed, not including security deposits, room key fees etc. If you need more info you will NEVER be able to speak w/ anyone only via email. Customer service non existant. If you intend to stay here you better have $1000 to blow on holds, me personally I'd rather stay in Harrah's...they think they're Vegas and even in Vegas you would never deal with this many issues.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Kenny S
Camden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

My Fianance and I stayed a week at the Atlantic Palace 1bedroom suite and we had an amazing time!!! the suite was very spacious had an extra bed, extra television, full kitchen, dining area, living room area, jacuzzi and a nice size bathroom! the staff were very kind and helpful and made our stay extremely warm.On top of our relaxation we were also able to get our workout on in the gym area, as well as tap into our kiddie side in the gameroom!lol< I absolutely adored my stay, so much so, we have booked a second stay there in a couple months, and we cannot wait to return!!!< Atlantic Palace gets a true 5*****

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Barbara L
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Really enjoyed the stay. Rooms are neat and the Jacuzzi was real nice. They must upgrade the rooms, the furniture and carpets over all... I think that;s what is preventing me from giving it a 5 star rating. Also they must make the rear entrance from the boardwalk accessible. Over all a good place to stay if you are on a budget.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor. you get a fantastic view!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Roshan G
Trenton, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Me and my gf were very disappointed with our stay here. We researched a plethora of hotels and resorts along the boardwalk and judging from reviews and pictures this place looked like an awesome place to stay. The 'No Party' rule is new to me but I liked it because this ensured that we wouldn't hear loud obnoxious behavior from neighboring rooms during our stay. But overall the experience was not enjoyable.

We arrived about 7pm on a Friday and checked in with no problems. The parking garage was rather tight with catastrophically low ceilings but unless u had a family van or mammoth SUV it shouldn't be much of a problem to maneuver. What really didn't sit well with me was that there was no elevator in the parking garage. You were forced to walk flights of steps down to the ground level after parking your car. And from there you'd have to walk over to the front entrance of the building which was a breeze way of biblical proportions (or so it felt). On a November night, mixed with ocean breezes, it felt like a chilly January morning.

The lobby and elevators were clean and well-kept. You may have to wait awhile for an elevator simply because there are over 20 floors and only 3 elevators so I can't really rage about that too much. We were on the 10th floor. The hallways were clean here and smelled like hand soap. That smell was odd to me but I'd rather that then the faint smell of urine, smoke or garbage. Now once we get into our room, that is when the true disappointment of the evening sets in. When we looked online at pictures, the rooms looked immaculate. Not overly spacious, being as we reserved a studio suite, but spacious enough. The kitchenette looked clean and modern, the queen sized bed looked soft and comfortable, just a delightful and relaxing atmosphere to spend your time after roaming the boardwalk and casinos. What we walked into was lavish and swank if it were 1978. The microwave, fridge and stove were extremely dated. Not just dated, they were ancient artifacts that should be studied rather than utilized. The bed was a full size that was very low to the ground and the pillows felt like newspaper and Sunday morning coupon clippings shoved into a cheap t-shirt. Me and my gf did not have ONE decent night of sleep because of this raggedy bed. The 30 inch 'flat screen' tv was put high atop a wall bed which made watching tv just that much more awkward. And I understand they don't want their property destroyed or damaged but there had to be atleast 5 disclaimer signs in any given area of the room. You cant leave dirty dishes, you can't unplug the 'tv remote sensor' that looks strangely like a hidden camera that's aimed directly at your bed, you can't leave the room in an extremely messy condition (because we are all on one accord of what makes a room 'messy' as opposed to 'extremely messy' right?), if anything is damaged or missing upon check out you are required to notify them or you will be charged (that's a given) BUT they then give you a list of prices for all the objects in the room and how much you'll pay if damage or misfortune comes to any of it.... Oh and on the table they have an envelope asking you to tip their maids. I know all of that sounds laughable and fabricated but believe me that none of it is exaggerated. The bathroom wasn't too bad except for the toilet which almost required you to do a Hulk Hogan leg drop on the handle to make it slowly and gently flush. We didn't use the jetted tub. No reason for that, it looked fine we just had no interest in it to be honest.

Another unacceptable tidbit I'd like to make note of, after 11pm the door on the boardwalk is locked. You'll have to walk around to the front entrance and use your card to gain access to the building that way. Before 11pm, I haven't the slightest idea what rule is in place as far as getting into the building. On Saturday morning, we went out for breakfast and came back at about 12 but couldn't get into the building for some reason. Our card didn't work at all so we had to be buzzed in. My complaint with that is that if you're going to buzz in any warm bodied being that's at the door, why even require card access? If they saw us struggling with the card they could've buzzed us in earlier and if they didn't see us struggling they basically buzzed in two complete non-residents which makes all security measures pointless.

The best thing about Atlantic Palace is it's location. That alone can't be beaten for the fact it's in the middle of everything. It doesn't have it's own casino but you're easily within walking distance (or staggering distance depending on the kind of day you're having) to a casino or nightclub.

The worst thing about Atlantic Palace is everything else. It presents itself like a modern, up to date and luxurious resort for a great price. Truth be told, I could've spent the money elsewhere and got a better suite at a well known casino hotel on the boardwalk.

I'd say this place is GREAT for older people who have no intentions of touching anything but slot machines, basic cable remotes and snooze alarm buttons. But if you want to relax on a mattress and pillow that doesn't feel like the exact same hay baby jesus slept on or go to a concert at House of Blues and come back to your hotel and feel like a teenager who got locked out of the house or play an arcade that's younger than Justin Bieber or maybe even spend over 140 a night and NOT feel like you woke up on the set of Three's Company then you may want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Quietriot82

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

albany, ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

On Wednesday we arrived at the hotel around 6pm. My husband went to check in and We were given paperwork and keys for room 2107. bell hop brought our luggage to this room and good heartedly endured my kids millions of questions. We could not get our keys to work and bell hop thought it was the magnetic strip.. While I was waiting to my surprise someone came out of this room and said he also just checked in and this was his room. I waited for bell hop to get back and told him what happened. He apologized and said lets go back down to the office. So we went to the office totally understanding because "things happen" and were greeted by two font dest clerks. Both of the young ladies were very apologetic and gave us another set keys to a different room 2704. We were very pleased with this room and began to unload our luggage and while we were helping empty the cart we noticed there was no pull out bed. bell hop again said lets go down stairs and figure this out. So we went to the office for now the 3rd time with my 4 and 6 year old. And for the 3rd time the front desk was very apologetic and said they had to shift some things around and managed to accommodate us. We were given keys to our final destination room 2903. Upon entering this room we were instantly hit with a stale smoke smell and we were not thrilled about the lack of space, no dresser and murphy bed. We again called down to the desk. I mentioned to the associate that we were unhappy with this room and told them that both of my children are asthmatic and we had concerns about the smell. The desk associate said there was nothing they could do. She said that our rate was not for the room we were in and she didn't know who we spoke to and we were misled that we were getting a pull out bed. It is at this time I mentioned documented e-mail correspondence and she offered to talk to a manager to upgrade our room for 30 dollars a night but she could not make any promises. My husband opened the fridge door and a self collapsed. At this point I am very upset and call down to the front desk. I asked to talk to a manager. She asked why and if she could help me. I than relayed everything I had already said to the other associate who never got back to me and said I need a mop and a broom to clean up the glass. She apologized and I said that I wanted to be moved and to talk to a manager. About 20-30 minutes later both front desk associates came to the door with a mop and broom to clean the mess. I ask them if they can smell the the room and they both said no , and I am astounded.. At this point I am frustrated and I feel that I am getting no satisfaction/compensation. I ask again to be moved and was told there was nothing she could do. I ask if we chose to leave and book another hotel could we have a refund and she said no but we could petition for a refund. Discouraged I asked to go back to the second room 2704 and asked if they could give us a roll away bed. She said there was no roll away bed available but to let her know if we still wanted to go back to that room. I was not going to make my children sleep on the floor so with out any options we stayed in room 2903. We come to atlantic city twice a summer and I can honestly say we will NEVER book another room with Atlantic palace suites. A manager never came to talk to us we had to write customer service and were basicly told there was no way there was a smell in the room and that none of the staff smoke and they would have used a machine to clean the air! As far as our smelly room we could not be moved because the hotel was full and could not have our money back because we booked this room. THIS WAS NOT THE ROOM WE BOOKED!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank tarastar7878
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Room was VERY nice and clean. Parking was a ridiculous 12 dollars a day, and 22 if it was saturday. They had 30 floors and 3 elevators. Sometimes we waited 20 minutes to get an elevator. But the room was very nice, and we had a very nice view.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple