“Never again!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 1, 2014

I guess for them it was busy? Not packed. We were seated quickly and orderd quickly. And sat, and waited. 30 minutes for our appitizers (Nachos). They must have been sitting because they were soggy. The manager appologized for there tardiness but did not remove the nachos from the bill. We told our waiter that one of us was gluten free. He seemed confussed. He was. While toast we removed the breaded tattor totes were on top of her eggs. Our bacon & cheese omlette were nasty. Greasy from the bacon. Tasted horrible. An order of soup was bland like it had sat in the pot all night. Nothing else about the meal stood out. And the service left a lot to be desired. I hate bashing places because I know things happen. I was in the business for 20 years. But this was our experince and it is what it is. We won't return. Next time we'll get there before the Chart House closes!!!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

The food is excellent. We had the half sandwich/soup combo. I had the Vermont turkey and chicken noodle soup. My husband had a roast beef sandwich which was also excellent. The next time, I once again had the half sandwich, Vermont turkey sandwich with vegetable soup. My husband ordered a half roast beef sandwich and chicken noodle soup. The waitress mistakenly brought him the vegetable soup and didn't send it back, He said he's glad he didn't. send it back because it was delicious. The soup comes in a cute, small metal pot with a handle.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Friendly enough servers, average food, disappointing service. Do not plan on a quick meal, not sure if kitchen was backed up but food took quite awhile to be served. No one checked to see if the meal was acceptable.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

We had breakfast here a couple of times and it was always delicious! Also enjoyed a nice lunch here. Prices were a bit higher then usual, but the service and the food was very good!

Reviewed May 12, 2014

I debated over writing this review or not, but decided that perhaps Michael Patrick's needs to know what goes on in the middle of the night. You might ask why did I not speak to a manager when the incident I am about to describe happened, well, because it involved the manager on duty.

First let me start out by saying we have eaten at this restaurant on many occasions and the food and service have always been good. In fact, there is one waitress that works in the middle of the night who is very friendly, personable and attentive. I wish I could remember her name so I could give her proper credit.

It was about 3:30 AM on Saturday morning when I stopped there to order some take out. That in itself seemed to be an issue because they only have one computer at the front desk of the restaurant, and there was a party in front of me that was taking a while. I finally placed my order and was told it would be about 15 minutes. I was there with my 80+ year old parents, trying to get them something to eat so they could both take their medications. When I stepped up to the desk to see if their food was ready I found 3 - 4 girls who worked at the restaurant, laughing and chatting with 2 gentlemen (one of which perhaps had a bit too much to drink). I walked in on a conversation that was going something like this, "apparently you are not married" said the gentleman to one of the girls behind the desk. She replied that yes she was, and the conversation went on with her laughing and giggling and what some might consider flirting. Never once did anyone see if they could help me. They were all having too good of a time. That part was fine. What was NOT fine was when the conversation turned to a discussion about sex with a 12 year old, the girl behind the desk participating in it, although through her laughing, giggling and flirting, she did (while still laughing) tell the gentleman he should leave (after he made the comment about having sex with a 12 year old and her saying it happens). I believe she only asked him to leave because she saw the shocked look on my face and me taking a step closer to see her name on her tag. That's when I realized she WAS the manager on duty. I was extremely disappointed to say the least. I was also grateful that my mother is hard of hearing. That conversation not only would have ruined her whole night, but it would have also kept her from ever coming back to the Golden Nugget.

The next day we did eat breakfast there. I felt it was not fair to boycott the place until I gave them an opportunity to correct the problem. I reported it to the girl at the front desk and she assured me she would mention it to her manager. She seemed as shocked as I was and also confirmed that the girl from the middle of the night was a manager. We'll see what happens the next time I am there.

I am not someone who wishes for anyone to lose their job, unless there is just cause. In this case, I believe there is. No one should be discussing sex with a 12 year old in public or private - in a joking way or not. It's just never appropriate - EVER!!!! A manager should know better. This girl needs to learn there are consequences for poor judgment. Hopefully she will learn from her mistakes and it will make her a better manager in the future.

In finishing this review, I again want to say the food at Michael Patrick's is ok and the wait staff do a wonderful job. I do not want to see them punished for someone's poor judgment.