“Good Food!”

Dining options: Late Night
New Jersey
“Good Food!”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We had breakfast here a couple of times and it was always delicious! Also enjoyed a nice lunch here. Prices were a bit higher then usual, but the service and the food was very good!

Monmouth Beach, New Jersey
“Food OK, Manager Disgraceful!”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I debated over writing this review or not, but decided that perhaps Michael Patrick's needs to know what goes on in the middle of the night. You might ask why did I not speak to a manager when the incident I am about to describe happened, well, because it involved the manager on duty.

First let me start out by saying we have eaten at this restaurant on many occasions and the food and service have always been good. In fact, there is one waitress that works in the middle of the night who is very friendly, personable and attentive. I wish I could remember her name so I could give her proper credit.

It was about 3:30 AM on Saturday morning when I stopped there to order some take out. That in itself seemed to be an issue because they only have one computer at the front desk of the restaurant, and there was a party in front of me that was taking a while. I finally placed my order and was told it would be about 15 minutes. I was there with my 80+ year old parents, trying to get them something to eat so they could both take their medications. When I stepped up to the desk to see if their food was ready I found 3 - 4 girls who worked at the restaurant, laughing and chatting with 2 gentlemen (one of which perhaps had a bit too much to drink). I walked in on a conversation that was going something like this, "apparently you are not married" said the gentleman to one of the girls behind the desk. She replied that yes she was, and the conversation went on with her laughing and giggling and what some might consider flirting. Never once did anyone see if they could help me. They were all having too good of a time. That part was fine. What was NOT fine was when the conversation turned to a discussion about sex with a 12 year old, the girl behind the desk participating in it, although through her laughing, giggling and flirting, she did (while still laughing) tell the gentleman he should leave (after he made the comment about having sex with a 12 year old and her saying it happens). I believe she only asked him to leave because she saw the shocked look on my face and me taking a step closer to see her name on her tag. That's when I realized she WAS the manager on duty. I was extremely disappointed to say the least. I was also grateful that my mother is hard of hearing. That conversation not only would have ruined her whole night, but it would have also kept her from ever coming back to the Golden Nugget.

The next day we did eat breakfast there. I felt it was not fair to boycott the place until I gave them an opportunity to correct the problem. I reported it to the girl at the front desk and she assured me she would mention it to her manager. She seemed as shocked as I was and also confirmed that the girl from the middle of the night was a manager. We'll see what happens the next time I am there.

I am not someone who wishes for anyone to lose their job, unless there is just cause. In this case, I believe there is. No one should be discussing sex with a 12 year old in public or private - in a joking way or not. It's just never appropriate - EVER!!!! A manager should know better. This girl needs to learn there are consequences for poor judgment. Hopefully she will learn from her mistakes and it will make her a better manager in the future.

In finishing this review, I again want to say the food at Michael Patrick's is ok and the wait staff do a wonderful job. I do not want to see them punished for someone's poor judgment.

Clifton, New Jersey
“It's Grrrreat!”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Service was great, food was great and prices were about what you would expect from a restaurant inside a hotel/casino.

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Just your average Coffee Shop”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Nothing special here, not even on the menu. If you are making a special trip over to Golden Nugget off the beaten path, don't bother, you will be disappointed.

Visited April 2014
Talence, France
“Food not really good, bad experience”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We ate in family on a Sunday night. We paid 34,90 $ each without taxes and tips for a 3 courses menu. The quality of the food was not really good, my parents have ordered some shramps, which were tasting nothing. We haven't finished our starters that the waitress brought us the main-course. Though we told her it was too early, she brought us the others in the second. The waiter was a little too thoughtful, asking too many times how it was going. When we said about the service too fast, he didn't really apologize, just answered like he didn't really care, without for all that taking the empty plates on the table, more than once. Some of the desserts were not really good. In short, that's really a pity to have such a bad restaurant in a so high level hotel, especially as the hotel is isolated, so you don't really have choice if you want to eat in the area of the hotel. We didn't try another restaurant of the hotel or the breakfast.

• Visited March 2014