“Needs some help”

Resorts Casino Hotel
Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Stayed 5/1/10 saturday night. Booked on expedia for $185, not a bad rate for a saturday. 7pm check-in no line. We went with another couple who booked on the hotel web site for same price. Tried to get rooms on the same floor but was told they were fully booked with no other rooms available. We went to the ocean tower room 948. View was mostly parking lot and some ocean view. Room was clean but rug was dirty. Along the walls were many black marks. I think they had to be caused by luggage. Air conditioning set on coldest temperature still kept room too warm. Refrig was working well. Bathroom had plenty of towels. Has a large walk-in closet for clothes.
The other couple we went with entered their room on the tenth floor but outside the window was a noisy fan unit. They knew they weren't going to be able to sleep with the noise. They called down to the front desk and was told to change to a room on the 5th floor. I guess when the front desk at check-in said they were fully booked they were mistaken. Their room was nicer than ours with more furniture and 2 bathrooms. When you walked in to the left was a bathroom. In the center was the beds and chairs and table. Along the side of the room with the windows was a narrow passage to the second bathroom. In fact the wife had no idea there was a second bathroom until sunday morning he saw her husband walking back from it. They had the same view we had.
The casino and lobby areas are nice. Went to the pool sunday morning. Has a large indoor heated pool with separate large whirlpool. The sauna is not hot enough. Hardly anyone in the pool. Couldn't find the poker room. I stayed at resorts new years eve 2 years ago and remember passing the poker room but it was dead so went to the Taj to play. There is a indoor walkway to the Taj but it is hard to find too. I guess they don't want you leaving. Found out later the poker room is by the asian gambling section but I walked past it and didn't see any sign for poker room. I guess that is why it is always dead.
The taj poker room is huge. I remember playing poker there for the first time about 15 years ago and the chips were filthy dark. In recent years they have cleaned them up. It is a good idea to wash your hands after gambling with any chips. Think how many hands have touched them and I am not germ phobic.
Staff at resorts was very nice except the front desk that told us there were absolutely no other rooms available. Got a good price for a saturday night.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 29, 2010

I visited Resorts this past weekend with a group of girls for a bacheloretter party. We checked in on Friday and out on Sunday afternoon. The maid of honor planned our stay with a woman named Dayle who was so helpful! We had a package deal with two connecting rooms and massages at the spa. The hotel is one of the oldest in Atlantic City, so I wasn't expecting the accommodations to be perfect, especially for the price. I was so surprised! The Rendezvous Tower must be the newer tower because our rooms were nearly flawless with HUGE bathrooms for us to get ready in. The massages were basic, but very enjoyable. The staff was so friendly. Dayle was there waiting for us to check us in personally, and she was available throughout our stay to reserve us a table at the club and help us with whatever we needed. She even let me use her camera battery charger! The casino was nice - there weren't a lot of tables, but there were tons of slots. Smoking is limited to certain areas, as in other casinos in AC. Best of all, Resorts is connected via walkway to The Taj Mahal and the Showboat hotels. It was freezing this weekend, so it was nice to be able to walk over and get drinks at the House of Blues and dance at The Casbah club. I enjoyed our stay, and I would definitely visit Resorts again. I'm pretty picky about where I stay, too. :)

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank VTJerseyGirl03
Reviewed January 19, 2010

Let me preface by saying I booked a room here solely on the fact I got a god rate. I hadn’t read any reviews, but wish I had. I got a room for 3 nights at around $85 per night. I was happy with the rate and the location was really good.

Unfortunately things got dicey once we arrived. First off, they charge you to park, even if you are staying there!? Never saw that before, especially at what I thought was a decent hotel. Second issue was the internet at the hotel. First off, it was very spotty and didn’t always work. Second, we were charged for using it. Now let me say this, I have stayed at places that charge, but a hotel of this caliber I thought would certainly include it. I have stayed at much less fancy hotels and got free wireless. I spoke to the manger about this and his only response was simply, “Why do you think you should get something for free”. Regardless of a companies policy there is a right way and a wrong way to deliver a message. Years back I worked in customer service and had to say no a lot. But I always tried to explain that I understood the point they were making, however was unable to help. This guy was flat out trying to make me feel bad for even asking.

Anyway, the gaming there is average, I spent most of my time at the Taj, where I plan on staying in the future. Didn’t try any of their restaurants because I was so mad, but I imagine they too are average. The other thing that irritated me was the hotel had people waiting near the exit doors to solicit you to go to a Timeshare presentation. We could never get away from them.

In short, you get what you pay for and I will never stay there again. I will spend the extra money to receive outstanding customer service.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2009

My husband and parents went to Atlantic city in 11/2008. We had a good time. We stayed for 2 nights and 3 days. We decided to stay either at the Resorts hotel or taj mahal hotel. We picked the resorts. We asked the hotel when we booked our room if they have coffee pot 's and hair dryers and the reservationist said yes they have both in the room they booked us in. When we arrived to our rooms we had niether a coffee pot nor a hair dryer. Now this wouldn't have been a issue if they would have said that they don't have those 2 items. We would have just brought our own. Are expierence all and all was a great time but next time we will stay somewhere else. This is our 4th time now in Atlantic City since 2005 and we have stayed at Bally's, Hilton and The resorts and would say this hotel was not that nice out of the 3 way have been too. Well we hope u have a great time.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2009

I enjoyed my two night stay at Resorts more than I expected to. I was a little skeptical going in, because my experiences at AC hotels has been mixed, but my stay was very pleasant. Check in was easy and I was placed in the Rendezvous tower. I particularly enjoyed the artwork on the walls in this section of the hotel, which was modern and fun. My room was on the 46th floor and had a great view, was spacious and had a ginormous bathroom. The bed wasn't the best ever but considering how tired I was after a couple long days and nights, it served its purpose.

The ballroom area where I spent most of my days was standard. Breakfast was quite good compared to others I have experienced at similar events. Although the temperature of the room went from warm to cool a lot, I appreciated the regulation as opposed to keeping the temps very low and freezing out the exhibitors during the non-peak times.

While I didn't do any gambling at this particular hotel, I did visit the lounge that is located right off the gambling floor with a few people on a Monday night. A huge screen played the MNF game and free wings were served at halftime, which was a nice touch.

Truly, my only complaint about the hotel was that the walls were thin. I slept soundly on my first night but on the second, I awoke at 3 a.m. to noises coming from the room above mine... clearly, I wasn't the only one who enjoyed my stay.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Michelle_in_Philly
Reviewed October 15, 2009

Let's see....
Poor Service - it took 3 attempts over 3 hours to get a room before someone put me in another open non-smoking room
Filthy rooms - a large stain on the rug, and stained curtains
no amenities - choices to eat were a coffee shop, room service or the hotel store
And a non-smoking room that had been smoked in on a floor where smoking was allowed....but other than that the hotel is just great!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank gtownfats
Reviewed October 13, 2009

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Resorts for one night in October. We checked in on a Sunday and checked out Monday since rates are lower than on Fridays & Saturdays. After reading some of these posts about Resorts I was a bit nervous, but what I found out is what people do not tell you. I also think the reviews can be biased by the person's lifestyle, taste, income level, travel experience, etc. We consider ourselves pretty average travelers with average income and expectations of where we stay.

So here is what I can tell you. Check in is really at 4:00 PM. They will not normally let you check in early. I got in line about 4:00 PM and waited about 50 minutes to check in. I waited in line with the bags while my girlfriend played slots so both of us were not wasting our time in line. I believe if you wait until later the line is not so long. I also understand they will hold your bags up front if you want to gamble or go eat and check in later. What happens at 4:00 PM is everyone wants to check in at the same time and they just aren't staffed for this rush so you just have to deal with it (unfortunately). If you have a VIP players card (if you play there a lot) you can get in an express line. However, we just have the standard players card.

The rate we paid for the RENDEZVOUS TOWER room with a king size bed was $109 (not including taxes). However, this package included $25 each in free slot play and $25 each in match play for table games. So it was like getting $100 in "gambling" money back. Parking in the parking deck was $5.00 even with the players club card. The rooms in the RENDEZVOUS TOWER were gorgeous and there was nothing wrong with my room. The rooms are large at about 500 square feet. They are very nicely appointed. I have read bad reviews on the other rooms and even saw some bad photos posted from travelers, but those appear to be in the old tower called the OCEAN TOWER. The Rendezvous Tower was built in 2004 and the rooms are obviously nicer and newer. The Ocean Tower has been around forever and I am not sure when they were last updated. Those rooms are also only about 375 square feet. So my recommendations to you is request the Rendezvous Tower.

We tried to go to the Beach Ball cafe, but that was closed and is only open in the warm season apparently. Breadsticks cafe is very crowded in the morning since that is a popular place for breakfast within Resorts. There is a coffee shop right next to Breadsticks so if you just want coffee and a muffin that is much faster. We did not eat anywhere else at Resorts. The Trump Taj Mahal is next door and offers other dining options such as the Hard Rock restaurant.

Drink service on the gambling floor at Resorts was very slow and few servers seemed to be around. However, that seems to be the trend at all A.C. casinos with the downturn in the economy. We had average luck gambling and overall the casino is well maintained for its age. The employees I dealt with were very nice and had no problems with them.

Overall the Rendezvous Tower rooms offer a nice accomodation for the price. The dining options leave a bit to be desired, but there are other options nearby. Overall I would recommed this to a friend.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple