Stayed 5/1/10 saturday night. Booked on expedia for $185, not a bad rate for a saturday. 7pm check-in no line. We went with another couple who booked on the hotel web site for same price. Tried to get rooms on the same floor but was told they were fully booked with no other rooms available. We went to the ocean tower room 948. View was mostly parking lot and some ocean view. Room was clean but rug was dirty. Along the walls were many black marks. I think they had to be caused by luggage. Air conditioning set on coldest temperature still kept room too warm. Refrig was working well. Bathroom had plenty of towels. Has a large walk-in closet for clothes.
The other couple we went with entered their room on the tenth floor but outside the window was a noisy fan unit. They knew they weren't going to be able to sleep with the noise. They called down to the front desk and was told to change to a room on the 5th floor. I guess when the front desk at check-in said they were fully booked they were mistaken. Their room was nicer than ours with more furniture and 2 bathrooms. When you walked in to the left was a bathroom. In the center was the beds and chairs and table. Along the side of the room with the windows was a narrow passage to the second bathroom. In fact the wife had no idea there was a second bathroom until sunday morning he saw her husband walking back from it. They had the same view we had.
The casino and lobby areas are nice. Went to the pool sunday morning. Has a large indoor heated pool with separate large whirlpool. The sauna is not hot enough. Hardly anyone in the pool. Couldn't find the poker room. I stayed at resorts new years eve 2 years ago and remember passing the poker room but it was dead so went to the Taj to play. There is a indoor walkway to the Taj but it is hard to find too. I guess they don't want you leaving. Found out later the poker room is by the asian gambling section but I walked past it and didn't see any sign for poker room. I guess that is why it is always dead.
The taj poker room is huge. I remember playing poker there for the first time about 15 years ago and the chips were filthy dark. In recent years they have cleaned them up. It is a good idea to wash your hands after gambling with any chips. Think how many hands have touched them and I am not germ phobic.
Staff at resorts was very nice except the front desk that told us there were absolutely no other rooms available. Got a good price for a saturday night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The fun is here! From the world-renowned sandy, white beaches to the hottest action in AC on our casino floor, Resorts is all about having fun. Resorts is home to Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville entertainment complex which include the famous Margaritaville restaurant, LandShark Bar & Grill - AC's only year-round beach bar, retail shops, new casino gaming, 5 O'Clock Somewhere Bar and more. Enjoy luxurious ocean view rooms, and indoor/outdoor pool giving you the summer feel 365 days a year, spa and salon services for men and women, award-winning dining and so much more. Resorts is the perfect place to find your fun! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Resorts Casino Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Atlantic City
- Resorts Casino Hotel Atlantic City
- Atlantic City Resorts Casino Hotel