“Not bad”

Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
NEW YORK
“Not bad”
Reviewed October 15, 2006

I took my S.O. to a show on a Friday night in October. The seriously dated decor, rusty hinges, wall paper peeling off the walls, etc. make this a very average hotel. However, the customer service is the only reason I bumped this up to above average. I was unhappy with my first room and would have checked out if I did not have time considerations, i.e., we arrived a half hour before the show. I went to the front desk and spoke to Barbara, who was very accomodating. In fact, she gave us an upgraded room, which was very nice and clean. More importantly, she was very understanding.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
4 Thank EQUIRE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (955)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Maryland
Reviewed October 11, 2006

My husband and I just got back from 2 comped nights at Resorts and we loved it. We were there the nights of Oct 9 and 10. We arrived at the hotel around 5:00 pm on Monday because we were off seeing the Price is Right at Ballys. The checkin line was a little long and they only had one girl checking everyone but the diamond members in. Once we finally made it to the counter the girl was nice and pleasant and worked as quickly as possible. I asked if it was possible to get a room in the Rendezvous Tower and she was able to, so I was estatic! (After reading a bunch of reviews on here, I didnt want to stay at the old Ocean Tower) She gave us our keys and we were on our way. Once up to the room, one of our keys didnt work, but no big deal, we just went back down to the desk and got them to program a new key. Just a point though, the man told us that if you put your key next to a cell phone or other credit cards it would break the card. We told him that we didnt do that we didnt even put them away, we went straight to the room and it wouldnt work. Anyway, back to the room. The room was GORGEOUS! It had a nice big bathroom with black marble floors. A makeup table and nice big mirror, A standup shower(but no bath) and the toilet was in its own little room within the batroom. There were 2 sinks which was nice. We had a king bed, not the most comfortable but it did the trick. Our room also had a mini fridge and a sitting area with a desk and chair. We had a side view of the ocean from our room which was beautiful. The room had great curtains that kept all of the lights out. At 11:00 in the morning it was still just as dark in the room as it was at 3:00 in the morning which was great. I also loved the fact that they have a security guard at the bottom of the elevators that makes sure you have a key to get up. There were times that I went up without my husband and it made me feel really safe to see that. We didnt eat at any of the restaurants at Resorts on this trip so I cant comment on that. The slots were pretty good to me and my husband did pretty good on the poker tables. I will have to say it was really hard to find cocktail waitresses on this trip while playing the slots. There were times were I would go about an hour and half without seeing one. All in all we loved this place and cant wait to go back and stay again.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
6 Thank iluvdisney
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 25, 2006

My wife and I stayed at Resorts for one night on September 11, 2006 in room 1122. We paid about $100 (including taxes) to stay one night. Although there was nothing particularly special about Resorts and not much was comped because we are only small-time, recreational gamblers, we were both satisfied with the accommodations and would stay here again.

We had originally booked a standard room in the old tower. When we went to check in, we were upgraded to a junior suite for free. The room was very large and clean. We also had two separate full bathrooms. The room also had a nice view of the southern part of the Boardwalk hotels. The bed was very comfortable, but the televison was very far from the bed and could only be turned about 45 degrees to face the bed. I was also very surprised that there were no hair dryers in the bathrooms.

I went to the pool and found the water to be a little chilly. Most other Atlantic City hotel pools are a little warmer. The hot tub was very spacious though the jets could have been a little stronger. The pool area was very clean and had plenty of available towels. However, the biggest complaint I have is that the pool closes at 6:00 pm!!! NOTE TO MANAGEMENT: Since you have no lifeguard on duty or any other employees working in the pool area, your hotel will NOT go bankrupt if you keep the pool open for 2-3 more hours in the evening!

We ate at the buffet and enjoyed the wide selection of foods. The price was about $16.00 per person if you have a Resorts Players card, $3.00 more per person without one. We also ate at Breadsticks and found the food to be very good.

I was only playing $10.00 a hand at the Blackjack tables for 3-5 hours, but the hotel was very good with the comps giving us $32.00 of free food for a low-roller like me. They also allowed me an extra 2 hours to check out. I also liked that the free drinks were large as compared to some hotels like the Tropicana.

Overall I was pleased with the accommodations and the service provided by the hotel. I’m sure the rooms are even nicer in the new tower. If the price is right, we will stay here again.

Marc T. Hardekopf

• Liked — Free upgrade to a junior suite
  • Disliked — Pool closed way too early
  • Tips/Secrets — Bring your own hair dryer
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
6 Thank marc1976
new jersey
Reviewed September 17, 2006

We have stayed there quite a few times, Had a great time, everyone was ever nice, will keep going back, The only think I missed was the coffee maker

• Liked — loved the bathroom (shower)
  • Disliked — no coffee maker
  • Tips/Secrets — enjoy
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank readtolate
pennsylvania
Reviewed September 10, 2006

We had 2 comp nights at the Resorts. When we got there they put us in the new tower which was very nice compared to the other tower. The bathroom was huge, although there was no tub there was a huge shower..very nice. The room was very clean and the maid service was very friendly.

We ate at the Buffet and the older lady at the register was very rude and disrespectful. They should not have someone like her out working with the public. We had to wait almost an hour to be seated. Anyway, the food there was pretty good.

All in all for the 2 night stay that was free and 2 free dinner buffets on two different nights.....it was worth the trip.

The only downside was the many many many people working there that didn't speak much english...very frustrating.

• Liked — The rooms were huge and very clean.
  • Disliked — Staff didn't speak much English...very hard to understand.
  • Tips/Secrets — Bring snacks for midnight munchies.....$1.25 for a snickers there(no it wasn't king size).
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
5 Thank batronis
philadelphia 19104City or ZIP/Postal Code
Reviewed August 14, 2006

I stayed at The Resorts this year and was quite happy with my stay as a matter of fact I have stayed more than once this year, once I took my family and stayed there for two days On the offers that were sent to me as guests of the casino, In fact I paid no more than about $8 or $9 dollars a day which I believe was tax for the two nights stay less than $20.

I was quite impressed with the size of the rooms and the bath room all though I had no bath tub was impressive the shower and the powder room were lovely the room was large, clean and well furnished. A friend had stayed there before and told me that when she once went on a promotional she recieved a jacuzzi room I believe she said it had a large bed room and a lovely living room atleast three rooms and said that it was Breath taking She said that she went down to the desk clerk with tears in her eyes and thanked the clerk.

although when I first checked in there was a man behind the front desk that only knew how to say no and wait when I asked him to have the TV fixed he said wait and he would send some one in no one very came for the two hours that I waited in the room and it took some asking to get him to change our room I had asked at least three times before he finally moved us to a new floor.almost the same room. Him I did not like seemed that he may have been German with that attitude of looking down his noise

We ate most of our meals at Bread Sticks, A restaraunt in the Resorts Casino I had no chance to use my comps because of the shut down that week. It was just as expensive as gambling.

We did find other things to do I took my daughters and grand child on the rides that they have not fare from there. We had a wonderful time. on the boardwalk walking on the beach visiting some of the stores In the area pretty nice atmoshere.

I recomend this casino to every one that I know. As fare as I am concerned It has done right by me

Mary Hayward

Resorts.

• Liked — I loved the rooms and being near the amusment park
  • Disliked — That one front desk clerk was the only thing that bothered me
  • Tips/Secrets — make shore that you bring some grocerys for the mid night munches at the grocery store..
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
11 Thank mry_hayward
New Jersey
Reviewed August 5, 2006

I wish I would've read the reviews before staying at Resorts. I went with a few friends and have to say that none of us were overly impressed with the hotel. I personally have stayed in Atlantic City several times but have always stayed at the Taj. I thought maybe we could try something different this time around and was a bit disappointed.

For starters, when I checked in and asked what floor the outdoor pool was on, I was told there was no "outdoor" pool. For the record, it is considered an indoor/outdoor pool and in fact there was one. However, I was immediately annoyed because my intention was to relax by the pool and get some sun the next day. I thought maybe there was some confusion on the employees part and maybe I didnt understand her considering she spoke with a heavy accent, but she assured me again ... No outdoor pool. Long story short, I checked it out myself and there is. They open it up so that half of it is in the sun, they do this in the summer months and close it in the winter months obviously. Now about the pool, the waitress service is horrible. I was up there for over 2 hours and never even saw her once. I had been told several times by employees working at the pool that she was downstairs or would be right back and we never saw her. The pool was definitely dirty and too crowded to swim. Can't even explain what was floating around in it. I wouldn't even go under the water.

We stayed in the Rendezvous tower and the room was nice. The bathroom spacious and clean. However, the hair dryer didn't work and we were glad we brought our own.

We ate quite a few times at the Hard Rock, and had one dinner at the Italian restuarant in the Resorts hotel. The atmosphere was very nice. The food over priced. The portions we had were small, but I guess it depends on what you order. My one friend hated her meal and had to fill up on bread instead, apparently the sauce tasted like spagettios. They also didnt seem to have our reservation written down but seated us anyway which was good.

The casino was boring. Dead on Saturday night. We headed over to the Taj next door and had a nice time listening to different bands and the casino had a much younger and lively crowd. It saved the weekend.

Overall the staff seemed nice. The rooms were clean. The food was only okay ( even the bagels in the morning tasted stale) and the casino was boring at best. I will not return to the hotel again. I would rather pay a little extra for some of the nicer hotels.

• Liked — the room
  • Disliked — the pool area and casino
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't have high expectations