“Will keep going back”

Resorts Casino Hotel
Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed September 17, 2006

We have stayed there quite a few times, Had a great time, everyone was ever nice, will keep going back, The only think I missed was the coffee maker

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank readtolate
Write a ReviewReviews (3,943)

Reviewed September 10, 2006

We had 2 comp nights at the Resorts. When we got there they put us in the new tower which was very nice compared to the other tower. The bathroom was huge, although there was no tub there was a huge shower..very nice. The room was very clean and the maid service was very friendly.

We ate at the Buffet and the older lady at the register was very rude and disrespectful. They should not have someone like her out working with the public. We had to wait almost an hour to be seated. Anyway, the food there was pretty good.

All in all for the 2 night stay that was free and 2 free dinner buffets on two different nights.....it was worth the trip.

The only downside was the many many many people working there that didn't speak much english...very frustrating.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
5  Thank batronis
Reviewed August 14, 2006

I stayed at The Resorts this year and was quite happy with my stay as a matter of fact I have stayed more than once this year, once I took my family and stayed there for two days On the offers that were sent to me as guests of the casino, In fact I paid no more than about $8 or $9 dollars a day which I believe was tax for the two nights stay less than $20.

I was quite impressed with the size of the rooms and the bath room all though I had no bath tub was impressive the shower and the powder room were lovely the room was large, clean and well furnished. A friend had stayed there before and told me that when she once went on a promotional she recieved a jacuzzi room I believe she said it had a large bed room and a lovely living room atleast three rooms and said that it was Breath taking She said that she went down to the desk clerk with tears in her eyes and thanked the clerk.

although when I first checked in there was a man behind the front desk that only knew how to say no and wait when I asked him to have the TV fixed he said wait and he would send some one in no one very came for the two hours that I waited in the room and it took some asking to get him to change our room I had asked at least three times before he finally moved us to a new floor.almost the same room. Him I did not like seemed that he may have been German with that attitude of looking down his noise

We ate most of our meals at Bread Sticks, A restaraunt in the Resorts Casino I had no chance to use my comps because of the shut down that week. It was just as expensive as gambling.

We did find other things to do I took my daughters and grand child on the rides that they have not fare from there. We had a wonderful time. on the boardwalk walking on the beach visiting some of the stores In the area pretty nice atmoshere.

I recomend this casino to every one that I know. As fare as I am concerned It has done right by me

Mary Hayward

Resorts.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
11  Thank mry_hayward
Reviewed August 5, 2006

I wish I would've read the reviews before staying at Resorts. I went with a few friends and have to say that none of us were overly impressed with the hotel. I personally have stayed in Atlantic City several times but have always stayed at the Taj. I thought maybe we could try something different this time around and was a bit disappointed.

For starters, when I checked in and asked what floor the outdoor pool was on, I was told there was no "outdoor" pool. For the record, it is considered an indoor/outdoor pool and in fact there was one. However, I was immediately annoyed because my intention was to relax by the pool and get some sun the next day. I thought maybe there was some confusion on the employees part and maybe I didnt understand her considering she spoke with a heavy accent, but she assured me again ... No outdoor pool. Long story short, I checked it out myself and there is. They open it up so that half of it is in the sun, they do this in the summer months and close it in the winter months obviously. Now about the pool, the waitress service is horrible. I was up there for over 2 hours and never even saw her once. I had been told several times by employees working at the pool that she was downstairs or would be right back and we never saw her. The pool was definitely dirty and too crowded to swim. Can't even explain what was floating around in it. I wouldn't even go under the water.

We stayed in the Rendezvous tower and the room was nice. The bathroom spacious and clean. However, the hair dryer didn't work and we were glad we brought our own.

We ate quite a few times at the Hard Rock, and had one dinner at the Italian restuarant in the Resorts hotel. The atmosphere was very nice. The food over priced. The portions we had were small, but I guess it depends on what you order. My one friend hated her meal and had to fill up on bread instead, apparently the sauce tasted like spagettios. They also didnt seem to have our reservation written down but seated us anyway which was good.

The casino was boring. Dead on Saturday night. We headed over to the Taj next door and had a nice time listening to different bands and the casino had a much younger and lively crowd. It saved the weekend.

Overall the staff seemed nice. The rooms were clean. The food was only okay ( even the bagels in the morning tasted stale) and the casino was boring at best. I will not return to the hotel again. I would rather pay a little extra for some of the nicer hotels.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with friends
11  Thank unshaken
Reviewed August 3, 2006

I went for a 2 day comped stay at resorts on wesenday and thursday of this week. This was my second time staying at resorts and now seeing the whole casino and hotel I think I can write a good review to make you decide to either stay or possibly stay at another casino.

Because this was a comped stay I was put in the ocean tower (Old tower). I was somewhat nervous because every other review I read was alllllll bad, however, I was surprised. I got their around 1:30 and went directly to check in. My room was ready and the customer service at the desk was very professional, this is wonderful considering check in isn't untill 4pm. My room was clean and was a decent size for what I was expecting. The bathroom was small but was clean and well stocked with everything I needed. The new tower ,Redvenous tower, is still the better deal with the huge bathroom was a added extra. But overall I have nothing bad to say about the room. Sheets were clean, the floor did have stains but not to the point that I was disgusted.

There is not much to say about the casino. ITS A CASINO! The dealers were friendly and the pit bosses were friendly as well. The slots seemed tight except that everyone around me was hitting but I wasn't. The second day I was there I hit for 300 on the video poker machines.....so I guess it depends on when you get them. The overall gaming experience at resorts is wonderful. Most of the patrons are friendly and they have all different types of poker, blackjack, spanish 21 etc. Resorts also has low minimum bet tables all the way to high roller tables so they can accomadate a well diverse crowd. You can smoke anywhere in the casino (except in the no smoking section) but they do a wonderful job keeping it fresh smelling. The casino is clean and security staff is visable and willing to help.

CAUTION: Sorry had to put one bad thing in here. If you enjoy comps resorts is not the place. I was playing blackjack for 9 hours with no breaks. I had to beg to get a comp and they only gave me 10 dollars for my efforts. Resorts does lack on the comps but playing the slots does offer a little better on the cashback offers.

AS for food it depends on what your looking for. I ate at breadsticks my whole time their because of my comps. So I cant comment on the gourmet restruants. Breadsticks is open 24 hours and had decent food for over inflated casino prices. It dosnt get much better than that.

The nightlife isn't much at resorts. I am a big gambler so the casino is really all I need. The 25 hour bar is a nice bar with friendly service. Thats really all their is to say.

There is a spa and a pool in the ocean tower section of the casino. Its a lengthy walk for those in the other tower. I never tried it out but from what I was told the spa is well worth the trip. The pool is awesome and its enclosed. If your hot then sit in the shade (trust me you will get cold) and if your cold the sun easily gets in through the windows to warm it up.

Resorts is also right on the boardwalk with the TAJ and showbat really close by.

I hope this helps. I love resorts and will be returning again. I would recommend this casino to anyone who wants to have a good time without losing their shirt in the process.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled solo
16  Thank BarronK
A TripAdvisor Member
RHODE ISLAND
Reviewed July 4, 2006

My husband and I travel to Atlantic City from Rhode Island at least once a month. We stay at many of the casino hotels but Resorts is our favorite. Up until recently we would eat at Breadsticks but then we discovered Gallagher's Steak House! Now were hooked! We didn't have reservations but we were seated immediately and we were treated like Kings and Queens. Our steaks and lobsters were cooked to perfection just as we ordered them and they were absolutely delicious. We have never had such tasty food anywhere in Atlantic City or RI. We have dined there 5 times since May and because of their friendliness and hospitality we have become aquainted with the entire staff. We were allowed to tour the kitchen.. I have never seen anything like it! It was immaculate and odor free. The entire staff is WONDERFUL! The food is FANTASTIC! The atmosphere is AMAZING! Even the restrooms were SPOTLESS! I wont eat anywhere else. Absolutely NO COMPLAINTS here!! Check it out!! Gallagher's is the BEST BET IN ATLANTIC CITY!!
JB

• Stayed: July 2006
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 4, 2006

Well my overall stay at Resorts Casino Hotel was EXCELLENT! Every aspect of the hotel was amazing. The only advice i give is to reserve a room with a king instead of 2 queens. The rooms with the King size beds are in the new tower and are way more luxurious then the ocean tower building. Althought the trip from our room in the new building to the pool and spa in the ocean tower was a hike. Also if you can request a room that faces south in the new building. Me and my parents had 2 separate rooms and their room faced north and had a horrible view of the fans on the roof, while my room that faced south had a beautiful view of the ocean and the rest of atlantic city.

• Stayed: July 2006