“turns a business trip into mini vacation !!!!!!”

Resorts Casino Hotel
Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed April 1, 2009

first took on the atlantique show at the convention center....and then retired to resorts!!!!!! found the staff to be accomidating from the front door to my evening meal at bread sticks. room was large in the rendezous tower and very clean. the bar is small but bartenders were very friendly. if you were playing the games waitress were plentiful, not like a couple of other casinos i visted....all in all i had a great 2 days thanks to resort and their entire staff. thank you, carl

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed March 15, 2009

Stayed in a Rendezvous Jacuzzi Suite

Room was absolutely gigantic for no real reason at all. There was about a football field worth of space between the fairly large bed and the minuscule TV on the other side of the room, which we could barely watch as a result.

The jacuzzi was the redeeming factor, but I don't think its worth an extra $75 or so per night. I would've appreciated a water-front view. If we opened our curtains we would have gotten a bit too intimate with the neighboring hotel.

On the plus side, the customer service was welcome and friendly... for the most part.

Only issue I faced was there being no legitimate business center/printing facility. I wanted to print out our event tickets but they made a fairly big deal out of it, having to speak to a senior manager just to do so, and even then it was never taken care of.

Also, they need Wi-Fi internet...anything less is just unacceptable, esp for a hotel on the boardwalk.

Casino was the plus side...wasn't overly crowded, didn't have too much trouble finding space on the tables. (And I didn't lose...much.)

Overall a good experience, however, not worth the $200+/night, and certainly not enough perks to return.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2008

Just spent a few days at Resorts after finding a decent price online. I decided to spend a few extra bucks to get a jacuzzi tub in the room, only to find out it wasn't in all the rooms. We had an oversized shower, which came in handy to soothe by backache after sleeping on a rock hard mattress for 2 nights. The only thing worse than the hard beds, were the flat hard pillows that went with it. I probably would not go back to stay at Resorts again. I had no other complaints about the hotel itself. We stayed in the Rendevous tower, which seemed updated more so than the Ocean Tower, which looked crappy as we walked through it to get to the indoor pool.

2  Thank amcfan3
Reviewed September 27, 2008

Stayed one night here and was less than impressed. We arrived in the middle of a very heavy thunderstorm, so were more or less stuck in the hotel all evening as the weather was so bad.

The casino floor was OK. Went to the 70's disco which was pretty rubbish and not worth the entrance fee - we had a better time in the "25 Hours" bar on the casino floor where we were entertained my a seriously drunk woman getting her groove on the in-house music. :-)

Went to Gallagher's Burger Bar for a drink, but half the bar was closed as the roof was leaking. Bar staff nice and friendly enough. The Buffet restaurant, which was heavily touted on their website was inexplicably closed throughout our stay.

We had to wait in a long queue to check in and again to check out as we wanted to pay cash - they definitely want you to just leave your credit card details and use express check out, but I like to see what I am being charged for. The valet parking was also a bit of a palaver as you have to pay at another queue next to reception and then bring your receipt to the valets.

My room was very odd - I had two entrance doors and two bathrooms! The room had a queen bed and the usual TV etc, but the carpets were badly stained and the whole place felt sort of shabby and it has definitely seen better days. Both of my bathrooms had loose fixtures - towel racks hanging off the wall etc. My travelling companions had peeling wallpaper in their room.

All rooms had WIRED internet available for an extortionate price; I would expect that pretty much every hotel in AC should be offering free wireless these days, but not this place.

The hotel has a pool and spa area with whirlpool & sauna, but again it all looks sort of grubby and run down.

Not the best AC experience!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank EFILWOL
Reviewed September 18, 2008

We were looking for a sort-of last minute deal for the long weekend (labor day). While all other hotels were twice the price, we got a double bed for $130 at this place. We didnt have high expectations as we found it cheap..

But when we got there, we were pleasantly surprised. The place is right on the boardwalk, just 15 - 20 mins away from the crowd of the city. It might look a little old from the outside, but the inside was nice.

Clean rooms, good beds, no smell of smoke in the corridors and other public areas. Quiet rooms. Most rooms have a view of the ocean. We were lucky to get one.

Great food at the breakfast buffet.

In all, this is not a place where you want to see the best "casino", but this is the place if you want to stay close to a great casino. I will be going back there if I get a good deal.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2008

I stayed in the ocean tower overnite this past weekend. I knew I was in the older of the (2) buildings because of the musty smell in the hallways. I don't mind staying in an old hotel provided that it is clean and well-kept, both qualities lacking in this location. The carpet and the chair in my room were disgustingly stained..beyond repair. I checked the bathroom and found hair on the toilet seat, sink and floor. We called housekeeping and a lady came in with just a rag and bottle to "wipe it down". Same rag she used on the toilet she thereafter used on the sink. When we asked her had she done the bathtub she told us that it looked clean to her (awful housekeeping techniques). That left me wondering about the rest of the room, sheets, bedspeads, pillowcases. Not a good feeling when your tired, about 3 hours away from home and not staying nor paying for Motel. I don't recommend this place to people and I am particularly concerned about the cleanliness and the public health issues this hotel could in the future ensue in Atlantic City.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
4  Thank Cocimocci
Reviewed August 21, 2008

The check-in process was a nightmare. I booked and confirmed a 2 doublebed room through expedia but once we got there the rude mexican girl at the front desk said rooms aren't "confirmed". All reservations are considered "requests" and may not be filled.
Hmm...that's funny because expedia CONFIRMED my 2 doublebed room.

The girl then told us the best she could do is give us a room with a king bed a rollaway cot. I said "no thanks". Without getting overly upset with her, I calmly demanded to see the manager. She then walked past the doors behind her and disappeared for a good 10-15 mins.

When she returned she said she'd upgrade us to a 2 doublebed room at the rendezvous towers, which turned out to be an excellent room (huge bathroom, great view on high floor, 42" HDTV--however the remote didn't work). All in all a so-so experience due to bad front desk personnel.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends