“Enjoyed our stay eventually”

Resorts Casino Hotel
Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Oldham, United Kingdom
“Enjoyed our stay eventually”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

SERVICE WITH A SMILE IS SADLY LACKING IN MOST AREAS maybe a little retraining in some areas but the Bell Boys (and ladies) and the Parking Desk all seemed happy in their work. Thank you ART for letting me use your cell phone to call and order Chinese ( we don't have a US phone). Service above and beyond.

The room they gave us at first wasn't what I'd booked or confirmed over the phone. Then to be told sea view rooms are given out on a first come first serve basis made me feel really angry ( and other words that cannot be repeated on here). The lady on reception told us our room was being prepared ( it was after 6pm) and still there was no crib in the room. After speaking to the Reservations manager we got it ironed out. It shouldn't have needed any ironing. Shame on Your system ! Our 2nd room almost had the sea view (partial) I'd been promised. There were 2 very comfortable double beds, a crib as requested, lovely big bathroom with walk in shower, a huge TV although no TV guide (no good for visitors from the UK), air con and a fridge that worked very well.

Both my daughter and I are blonde so finding black hairs everywhere was a bit of a turn off so please black haired cleaners be aware that tiled floors really do need extra care. The floors in the hallway and bathroom were cleaner when we left than when we arrived !

We used the $19.99 Buffet which turned out to be better than expected. Huge variety of food and lovely ladies waiting tables- I forgot to leave a tip but really appreciated how you all looked after our baby.

Margaritaville served a great cocktail but must admit I had to come and look up who Jimmy Buffett is. The band that were playing looked like they were having fun.

Casino was fun and brought home a 22 cent voucher (didn't want to cash it in so I'll frame it ha ha).

The stores within the hotel complex were good too.

2 Thank MinxyMeg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (955)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Springfield, New Jersey
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I even checked trip adviser on this casino, We checked and asked for remodeled room and was glad because the older rooms are in bad shape. As far as the other parts of the casino it was a fun place to be.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ctenneen2
Gloucester, VA
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I went with my son for his 34th birthday July 16-19. I was given a suite- Rm 5119- in the Rendezvous Tower. Very nice. 2 full baths, living room, and a separate bedroom. Jetted hot tub too. Large safe and fridge. 2 TV's..

Room Tip: Odd numbers face north, even ones face south. Better view to the south.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank flysrb
Hershey, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

First the majority of this casino is non smoking! There is a small section for smokers near an exit door not intermingled polluting the air. It is also well lit and overall a pretty clean gaming area. They have a concession area much like a mall food court with reasonably priced snacks and such even a dunkin donuts with great coffee in the morning. Our room was in the rendezvous tower and had a great view of the ocean. It was clean and well kept. When we arrived the air conditioner wasn't working. I called the front desk and by the time we returned from some time on the boardwalk it had been fixed. We will be going back in the fall.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank hersheytravel
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 23, 2014

this place is very old but very nice. The hallways are filled with marble and the casino is nice. The negative is the self parking lot. You literally can take your life in your hands with the element out there. Do yourself a favor a have them valet the car for you

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lancaster
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I recently stayed at resorts and had no complaints. We were in Ocean Tower. Room clean. Maid was so nice. Close to beach. Had a great time Steel Pier. I came out ahead gambling which is always a plus. No problems at check in. Margarittaville cafe has great coffee and reasonably priced. A dollar large cup is compatble to a convenience store. Baked goods really fresh. The staff was very polite. I have stayed Resorts before and would stay again. Paid 90 d a night for room.

3 Thank Andrea C
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Resorts is ideally located on the boardwalk. it's right next to Trump Taj and Steel Pier. The check in process was quick, and the front desk was plesant and helpful. We stayed in the Rendevous Tower, which is quite spacious, and is the newer tower. We had a smoking room, didn't realize that I booked it, and it smelled like smoke, with a hint of baby powerder, which I assume is what they use to cover the sent. However, the room was very clean and the bed was nice and comfortable. The bathroom was huge, with a large glass shower, and private toilet (had it's own room) double sink. If you're there to spend time on the beach or other boardwalk casinos, I recommend staying in the Ocean Tower, you won't have to walk across the casino floor, passed the main lobby and then down the hall to the elevators. The elevators are a bit slow, thankfully, we weren't high up. Also the pool is located in the Ocean Tower. The restaurants were ok. I did find it weird that Haagen-Das in the Quickbites ran out of chocolate ice cream and was apethetic about remedying the issue, so we just went and got some at Steel Pier. We ate at East Wind, which was good and the portions were huge. Mei was quick server. I recommend the Korean short-rib. We also ate at Margaritaville, which is your typical chain beachy restaurant fare. Landshark Bar & Grill is ideal for your no shower happy hour, and you can sit on the beach patio and sip delicious drinks. I was surprised that upon the end of my stay, I didn't see the hotel bill slipped under my door, which then meant I had to wait in line for check out. Thankfully, it was quick. i though resorts was one of the cleaner and nicer places I've stayed at in AC. Would return again.

4 Thank ChicShari