“First Visit Here - Will Return”

Resorts Casino Hotel
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
Berlin, Maryland
“First Visit Here - Will Return”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

This was our first visit to Resorts Casino Hotel - my husband was offered a free room, so we decided to try it. The player's club at Resorts has honored the same level of player's card that my husband had at The Atlantic Club. The first big plus that we liked was that the distance to walk from the garage elevator to the hotel lobby was very short. The check-in was very smooth and our desk agent was SUPERIOR! He greeted us with a smile and a cheery attitude and was very professional. Our room was in the Rendevouz Tower. It was a large room and a large bathroom with a walk-in shower. My husband and I like to have an indoor pool when we stay at hotels and Resorts has a very nice pool. Also, we found that it has one extra large hot tub. We were there during the week, so it not crowded making for a nice relaxing soak and swim with a few other people there. One disadvantage - if you stay at the Rendevouz tower, there is a bit of a walk to the pool. The casino is small, but I prefer this. My husband won some money, so he was very happy. We love the new food court - had lunch there. We also love the Margharittaville restaurant. Both times we ate there we had delicious food. All in all - a great stay. And we will be coming back to Resorts. This is one of our three favorite casinos.

Room Tip: Always ask for what you consider to be best for you - like an upgrade
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (927)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed May 8, 2014

We were amazed when we walked in our executive suite at the Resorts Casino Hotel. we stayed for one night and did not want to leave. The bed is comfortable; The bathroom was huge and beautiful; we also had a beautiful ocean view.

Room Tip: Higher floors room are excellent.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Stayed here because our friends wanted to. The room was clean, big and comfortable. All the staff was friendly and accommodating. The lobby and casino were not too crowded, so it was a more sedate atmosphere which I liked. Would recommend a stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank NewYorkLucille
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

We received a complimentary room for a 2 night stay. The room is very nice compared to other comp rooms at AC resorts(Caesars was very dingy, Ballys was outdated and small.) This room is very clean, updated the bathroom is huge. The beds are comfortable. We had a very easy check in around 9:30 at night. The woman who helped us at the desk was very pleasant. I love that Resorts has a little food court now with a Dunkin donuts and a pizza place and other selections. It's very convenient that it's right in the casino. I enjoy the slot selections that Resorts has to offer. I feel that Resorts is in a good location on the Boardwalk.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Mpidala
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We were comped for a night after not being in AC for at least 5 years since PA has casinos. The offer said we would get a remodeled room which was nice and comfortable and clean for a one night stay. Bathroom was small and had no room for our personal toiletries. New furniture and bed were nice and comfortable. So overall it was a nice place to stay. We were in the Ocean Tower.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

We were welcomed by the friendly reception staff. Our room was fantastic in the ocean tower with a large room and a lovely big bed. I love the 30's design of the building. Good midweek rate. Excellent value for money and prime location.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Deborah S
Scranton, PA
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Stayed overnight at Resorts on April 28, 2014 (Mon.) Every time Resorts website says the rooms have been remodeled, I keep hoping for changes but it never happens.

Had a room in the Ocean tower (room 1138). The bathrooms in the rooms are tiny! Only 3 small, narrow glass shelves in the bathroom to put anything on. I'll bet a man designed these rooms. We women need counter space for our makeup, jewelry, & toiletries!! At least there was a hairdryer in the bathroom this time (usually have to call housekeeping to get one), although I had to lay it in the sink because there's no room on the tiny shelves to put it with my other bathroom things . Also, there was no shampoo/conditioner. And I really don't understand the bathtub/shower. It has a glass door that doesn't go all the way to the other end of the wall, so there is a 2 ft. gap where the shower water can hit the floor & make a puddle. (Golden Nugget shower doors are like this, too.) It just doesn't make sense. The closet in the bedroom, however, is a walk-in. What the heck does anyone need an 8 ft. long closet for in a hotel? The space should have been used for the bathroom! One lamp bulb was burned out & a bulb in another lamp was missing. No, I didn't call housekeeping for more bulbs or shampoo/conditioner - no time to wait who knows how long for them to come - I had somewhere to be at a certain time.

The restaurant & bar situation has gotten worse. Last yr., they closed at 2 am. Now Margaritaville Restaurant closes at 11 pm & the food court was closed by 1 am. All the bars close by 1 am & room service closes at 11 pm. Do they not WANT people's money? I like to play slots at night while having a few drinks, then eat a meal before retiring for the night. So, I still have to buy food earlier in the day & stash it in the frig. in the room.

The wonderful "Surf & Turf" dinner (house sirloin with Hawaiian butter & coconut shrimp) that I looked forward to on every trip, is now gone from Margaritaville menu. So, I had the NY Strip steak dinner but it wasn't nearly as good as the House Sirloin used to be. The next day, I ate at Margaritaville again & ordered the "Who's To Blame" drink in their take-home blender cup with a slice of Keylime Pie. I had to send my drink back because the waiter brought it in a regular glass. Then the waitress came back & asked me what dessert I ordered.

This place just doesn't make me feel like they want me to come back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo