“Nice hotel”

Resorts Casino Hotel
Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Bought a groupon for a stay at Resorts. Went to check in and the front desk did not have my reservation. The front desk person said I had to call the Hotel after booking it with Groupon to confirm a reservation. I checked with groupon and they said it was not true. Anyway the clerk said they were booked solid but still found me a room. Thank god because it was my brother in laws birthday. The room was nice sized but the bathroom a little small. Room was very clean. Beds were comfortable. Beautiful old hotel. Great location on the boardwalk. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (973)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Staff member stole my wallet from the casino floor. The employee was caught and arrested. Only after that did the hotel comp my room, which I had to ask for not offered. I still feel that more could have been done. Not only did I NOT get my wallet back I lost over $500 cash that was in the wallet along with all the time wasted not having my ID and credit cards on MY BACHELOR PARTY WEEKEND. First night one of my beds were not made up, I didn't make a big deal of it but to have my wallet stolen at a place I'm staying makes me very unlikely to ever go back and if so I will not bring any valuables. Most of the dealers were nice and friendly some others had bad attitudes

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank EuFemio0517
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I love to travel to casino destinations and Resorts Hotel Casino in Atlantic City is a new favorite. I was a big longtime fan of the Atlantic Club Casino and was saddened when it closed. Like many, I tried out several other properties and there was something missing, something wasn't clicking. Mike Bisson of Imperial Junkets urged me to check out Resorts. I learned that it was the first casino in Atlantic City. There are two towers, the one closer to the ocean is the older and it does have some wear but that is also part of it's character. Some of the windows still open, and I love to sleep to the sounds of the ocean. The newer tower is more modern and very nice but there is something about the older hotel that draws me in.

I love the little boutiques and shops that line the main floor that leads to the boardwalk. They are not the high end shops that you don't dare shop in. The casino is great, good size but not so big that you will get lost. I love the number and selection of slots and table games and some of the newer games that show up on the floor.

New dining options as well. Pizza shop on the casino floor - awesome thin crust! Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville, great place to grab some lunch and a margarita of course! and there is a smaller casino room just across the hall, with the Margaritaville theme (I have done well in there). Some great fine dining such as Capriccio's with views of the ocean and some great Italian cuisine.

Resorts is right on the boardwalk and now has LandShark Bar & Grill, on the beach!!! I also love the pool which has a retractable roof - it's the best of both worlds!

There is so much to love about Resorts Hotel Casino and if you are a player (gambler) and want to check it out I highly recommend that you contact Mike Bisson at (704) 438-6968 http://www.imperialjunkets.com/, if you do not already have a casino host there, you will be glad you did!!!

Room Tip: Go with the old tower, views of the ocean, boardwalk, and some of the windows still open!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tracey W
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We were told when we needed to check out that we had to pay an additional fee of $5 for every day we stayed despite the cost of the trip being paid for through expedia. We were told Hotwire was the same. It was called a "resort fee" and covered the cost of things like the pool or other amenities. Well, check in is at 4pm and the pool closes at 6pm. How many people go immediately use a pool when they check in to a new city before it closes? It was ridiculous. I am not a fan of unsubstantiated fees being tacked on at the end.

Room Tip: If you go here, immediately use the pool or hot tub to make your additional tacked on rate of $5 per...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jen T
Babylon, New York
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night in a king room. Room was large, nice furnishings, clean, comfy bed. Bathroom was so dated...no where to place toiletries. Hard to tell if the floor to ceiling tile was clean....lots of stains. We had a second floor room....with a view of a roof which wouldn't have been too bad, however large pallets of black 4 foot square of plastic "sheets " of something were placed on the roof right outside the windows. Absolutely no view but these endless pallets. Kind of annoying. Also the windows were so drafty, the drapes were moving in the breeze with the window closed. We will go back to AC but will try a different hotel. Hard to believe Resorts was built in 1978....we thought it was the 50s!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marianne C
DMV
Reviewed April 5, 2014

For starters I am not extremely picky with hotels, as long as their clean, up to date and worth my money, I'm good. This hotel was below average. Check in was quick, front desk staff was nice, however My room had two blown lights and they never came to fix them, after me reporting it to the front desk, no follow up, no lights, nothing! So I had to deal with a dark room! This alone is totally unacceptable. The casino was upbeat, food choices in the hotel were plentiful, I can't speak to how the food is because I didn't eat at any of them. Location is good on the board walk. I can't comment on the pool, because I didn't go. The hallways were dark, musty and dirty. The room was not the cleanest and the bathroom was super super small. Overall my experience with this hotel was not good and I will not be returning.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lifeof4
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 30, 2014

they had hooked me up with a great room in rendezvous tower. room was very clean. will def stay there nxt time. I booked through hotels.com and it had a textbox to put in my requests to hotel staff while booking. The hotel staff did pay attention to what I wrote and gave me what I requested. highest floor with ocean view.

Room Tip: I booked through hotels.com and it had a textbox to put in my requests to hotel staff while booking...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
ResortsGM, Manager at Resorts Casino Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Hi Rooney, thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, looking forward to seeing you again!