“Average Hotel”

Resorts Casino Hotel
Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

This is my second time staying at this hotel. They have renovated the rooms since my last time staying here, but the room still had a old smell to it and I think they should replace the windows. Other than that it was great for a free stay. Room Service was good. No problems from me and the front desk staff was very helpful. I was even able to use my Mohegan Sun players points to pay for my room service and other dining charges upon checking out.

• Stayed: September 2013
ResortsGM, Manager at Resorts Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Hi witfame, thanks for taking the time to write a review after your visit - we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stayed @ Resorts after purchasing a Groupon Travel voucher ... We had not visited AC in quite a while & remembered this resort as being less modern... we were pleasantly surprised. The room was very spacious, the shower was awesome, bed comfy. One of the sinks did have a leaky faucet, but other than that - no room complaints at all! The casino could use some updating - a lot of older machines. We did not hit any table games, but did see some low minimums early in the day (as you would expect). The buffet was not impressive ... especially for the price ... we live near the Saratoga Gaming & Raceway and the buffet there is much better & about 1/2 the price! Other dining options were as you would expect in similar resorts ... nightlife - we were there during the week, off season so it's hard to say. One thing that was especially disappointing was the fitness facility (or lack there of) but we just rented bikes & went out on the boardwalk for the day. The next day we did a long walk & jog on the board walk as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We went here with a groupon deal last night. Service staff at the front were great, but there weren't enough of them. I waited on the phone for over 10 minutes to try and connect to the front desk so I could ask for a hair dryer for the room my wife was in, then gave up and hung up the phone. I also was not informed that a $100.00 deposit on a credit card was required in addition to our already paid for deal. There was no show for our stay (part of the deal) but they gave us $20.00 extra meal credit as a comp.

We were upgraded to a mini suite, which was nice, but the sofa had a big rip in the back, and the lock mechanism on the door was ripped off. The room was also pretty dusty. A pet peeve of mine too, they didn't use fitted sheets on the bed, and in the process of sleeping, I ended up on the mattress cover as the bottom bed sheet came completely off. No wi fi and limited cell service everywhere was also a little frustrating. We went to the pool and spa, and once again, the staff were exceptional, but when I asked for a razor, they said they were ordered last week, and they hadn't come in yet.

We ate at Breadsticks, and the food was great, and the service, once again, excellent (they even wrote Happy Birthday on my wifes dessert plate at my request) Casino food is always pricey.

Casino was pretty nice, and I got the $10.00 free play with the groupon, and $25.00 for eating in one of their restaurants.

Location was wonderful, right on the beach.

Room Tip: Ocean tower means Ocean view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jshoen

Hi Jshoen, thanks for taking the time to write a review! Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff, we'll make sure to forward your feedback to the rest of our team - hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We got the room on an offer from Groupon. The staff was friendly. The public areas of the hotel have been updated and look nice. The room we had was in serious need of updating. Beds were comfortable and bathroom was clean, but that's the best I can say. Unidentified stuff dripping down some spots on walls, air vent was packed w/ dust, furniture is old and scratched up. Had dinner at Margaritaville - food and drinks were good. Breakfast in the morning was awesome at Breadstix - they have outdoor seating and food was good. A bonus was finding out that Tanger open outlets near there. Will definitely do another night in AC - but not at this property.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We (2 people) travelled all the way from Ireland to spend 8 nights & I chose to stay in Resorts. Between planes, trains & automobiles we eventually arrived exhausted but excited at resorts at 8pm on a Monday 9th sept. Great, no wait for check in. I was so disappointed with the "greeting" we got from a check in lady called Marguerite. She was chewing gum & laughed at us when we said we were staying for 8 nights. I had booked and paid extra for a room in the Rendezvous tower and she said she didn't have a room there for 8 nights. We had to move rooms the following morning. Not a good start to our summer holiday. Miss America was on during our stay so the hotel had a great vibe but the casino got extremely smokey at the weekend, to the point we had to stop gambling and it takes a lot to stop me gambling! Otherwise I really liked the casino, the room we got for the other 7 nights was lovely. Partial ocean view, Double sink, seporate toilet, vanity mirror & area to do your make-up. I played a lot of roulette and the employees at the tables were really nice. Plenty of slots to chose from. The cleaning staff were always smiling & polite. The breakfast at breadsticks was ok. I loved the landshark bar right on the ocean. Live music, stunning views & great American food (can't get proper hot wings in Ireland) Margaritaville was fantastic too. The service and food were excellent. The 5 O'clock somewhere bar was nice but I preferred the other bar further into the casino. I'm glad we did stay at resorts. Unfortunately I think we would stay at Revel next time as it was non smoking in the casino.

1  Thank Getmedown
Reviewed September 28, 2013

My husband & I stayed 3 nights. Was a little hesitant based on some of the reviews, but it seems that most AC hotels get mixed reviews. We arrived around 3:30, valet our car & went to check in. Short wait at check in. Front desk staff was ok, not overly friendly or welcoming, and swift. We stayed in the Rendezvous Tower. Its the most recently updated tower of the two, but i think the update may have been a couple of years ago. Our room was large & comfortable. Some areas of the wallpaper needed to be touched up and they need to get rid of the floral bed covers. Room was clean, had a mini fridge and an in room safe. We took advantage of the pool on two days, it was very clean. For disabled guest they have a portable lift to get into the pool. It's good info to know if your traveling with someone who may need to use it, because they dont advertise that on their site. We ate at Margaritaville one night. The food was ok, but not worth a second visit. Overall we had an enjoyable stay and would return to Resorts again. Plus we were a little lucky in the casino. Oh and it is true that it is a smokey casino but our floor and room was smoke free. It seems that Mohegan Sun has taken them over, so maybe they will improve more with some time.

• Stayed: September 2013
ResortsGM, Manager at Resorts Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Hi Mich, thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, thanks for coming - hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stayed at the Resorts Casino Sep 09-13 part of a bus trip. My twin sister and I chose this trip because we wanted to do something totally different for our 50th birthday. My sister had called the resort a few weeks earlier telling them about our birthday and requested a room upgrade if possible.
Upon arrival a woman got on the bus and wished us happy birthday, wow what a welcome we were hysterical!
When we got to our room and opened the door we were again hysterical because we had been upgraded to a suite. We almost cried we were so excited. The suite was beautiful 2 bathrooms one with a gigantic shower and whirlpool bath...heaven. We had 2 flat screen TV's also and when we turned them on there was a welcome message with our names on the screen of course one more reason to be hysterical!
We ate at the buffet the first night but it was near closing time so we kinda got the left overs but I thought it was great a very nice selection. The night of our birthday we went to Gallaghers for a nice supper. Very nice restaurant and the food was delicious with wonderful service. There were a lot of different places to eat in the resort but those were the only 2 we ate at.
The hotel is feet away from the ocean which was wonderful. While we were there the weather was beautiful so we rented chairs on the beach. The resort is also right on the boardwalk where you can literally walk for miles. There is so much to see.
The casino is very impressive. I was a little disappointed that we were not able to take pictures in the casino. With our group we were each given a $45 card to play at the casino. When I put my card in the machine where I was playing a message came on the screen wishing me a happy birthday!!!

This hotel made 2 very happy birthday girls with all the special attention we received and it will never be forgotten. Given the chance I would return here in a heartbeat.
Thank you Resorts Casino Hotel!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank fourthdale

Hi fourthdale, thanks for taking the time to write a review - we're so happy that you enjoyed celelbrating your birthday with us! It sounds like you had a blast, thanks for coming - hope to see you again soon!