“Hotel Rooms Need Work”

Resorts Casino Hotel
Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We got the room on an offer from Groupon. The staff was friendly. The public areas of the hotel have been updated and look nice. The room we had was in serious need of updating. Beds were comfortable and bathroom was clean, but that's the best I can say. Unidentified stuff dripping down some spots on walls, air vent was packed w/ dust, furniture is old and scratched up. Had dinner at Margaritaville - food and drinks were good. Breakfast in the morning was awesome at Breadstix - they have outdoor seating and food was good. A bonus was finding out that Tanger open outlets near there. Will definitely do another night in AC - but not at this property.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We (2 people) travelled all the way from Ireland to spend 8 nights & I chose to stay in Resorts. Between planes, trains & automobiles we eventually arrived exhausted but excited at resorts at 8pm on a Monday 9th sept. Great, no wait for check in. I was so disappointed with the "greeting" we got from a check in lady called Marguerite. She was chewing gum & laughed at us when we said we were staying for 8 nights. I had booked and paid extra for a room in the Rendezvous tower and she said she didn't have a room there for 8 nights. We had to move rooms the following morning. Not a good start to our summer holiday. Miss America was on during our stay so the hotel had a great vibe but the casino got extremely smokey at the weekend, to the point we had to stop gambling and it takes a lot to stop me gambling! Otherwise I really liked the casino, the room we got for the other 7 nights was lovely. Partial ocean view, Double sink, seporate toilet, vanity mirror & area to do your make-up. I played a lot of roulette and the employees at the tables were really nice. Plenty of slots to chose from. The cleaning staff were always smiling & polite. The breakfast at breadsticks was ok. I loved the landshark bar right on the ocean. Live music, stunning views & great American food (can't get proper hot wings in Ireland) Margaritaville was fantastic too. The service and food were excellent. The 5 O'clock somewhere bar was nice but I preferred the other bar further into the casino. I'm glad we did stay at resorts. Unfortunately I think we would stay at Revel next time as it was non smoking in the casino.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Getmedown
Reviewed September 28, 2013

My husband & I stayed 3 nights. Was a little hesitant based on some of the reviews, but it seems that most AC hotels get mixed reviews. We arrived around 3:30, valet our car & went to check in. Short wait at check in. Front desk staff was ok, not overly friendly or welcoming, and swift. We stayed in the Rendezvous Tower. Its the most recently updated tower of the two, but i think the update may have been a couple of years ago. Our room was large & comfortable. Some areas of the wallpaper needed to be touched up and they need to get rid of the floral bed covers. Room was clean, had a mini fridge and an in room safe. We took advantage of the pool on two days, it was very clean. For disabled guest they have a portable lift to get into the pool. It's good info to know if your traveling with someone who may need to use it, because they dont advertise that on their site. We ate at Margaritaville one night. The food was ok, but not worth a second visit. Overall we had an enjoyable stay and would return to Resorts again. Plus we were a little lucky in the casino. Oh and it is true that it is a smokey casino but our floor and room was smoke free. It seems that Mohegan Sun has taken them over, so maybe they will improve more with some time.

• Stayed: September 2013
ResortsGM, Manager at Resorts Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Hi Mich, thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, thanks for coming - hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stayed at the Resorts Casino Sep 09-13 part of a bus trip. My twin sister and I chose this trip because we wanted to do something totally different for our 50th birthday. My sister had called the resort a few weeks earlier telling them about our birthday and requested a room upgrade if possible.
Upon arrival a woman got on the bus and wished us happy birthday, wow what a welcome we were hysterical!
When we got to our room and opened the door we were again hysterical because we had been upgraded to a suite. We almost cried we were so excited. The suite was beautiful 2 bathrooms one with a gigantic shower and whirlpool bath...heaven. We had 2 flat screen TV's also and when we turned them on there was a welcome message with our names on the screen of course one more reason to be hysterical!
We ate at the buffet the first night but it was near closing time so we kinda got the left overs but I thought it was great a very nice selection. The night of our birthday we went to Gallaghers for a nice supper. Very nice restaurant and the food was delicious with wonderful service. There were a lot of different places to eat in the resort but those were the only 2 we ate at.
The hotel is feet away from the ocean which was wonderful. While we were there the weather was beautiful so we rented chairs on the beach. The resort is also right on the boardwalk where you can literally walk for miles. There is so much to see.
The casino is very impressive. I was a little disappointed that we were not able to take pictures in the casino. With our group we were each given a $45 card to play at the casino. When I put my card in the machine where I was playing a message came on the screen wishing me a happy birthday!!!

This hotel made 2 very happy birthday girls with all the special attention we received and it will never be forgotten. Given the chance I would return here in a heartbeat.
Thank you Resorts Casino Hotel!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank fourthdale

Hi fourthdale, thanks for taking the time to write a review - we're so happy that you enjoyed celelbrating your birthday with us! It sounds like you had a blast, thanks for coming - hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Went as a promotion on Sunday 9/22 for two nights and adored this hotel. It's a perfect location - right on the boardwalk and has a bunch of dining areas association to them. So one you get a rewards card, then they give you comp $ on card if you eat in one of the locations. We has lunch at margaritaville and got $15 in comp money to use. The weather was great for strolling the beach and boardwalk. The staff was attentive and friendly. I would stat here again.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Hi chilee21, thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're thrilled to hear you had a great time, thanks for coming - hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

very good location on the beach of atlantic city. Price is high good compare to other hotels in the area. Parking is a not a problem and not expensive. rooms are not good but huge. breakfast area is great and very elegant looking. casino is good

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tej9230

Hi Tej9230, thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, thanks for coming - hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I recently received a complimentary stay at Resorts Casino Atlantic City, NJ. Was I surprised! The Front Desk was so inviting and accommodating to my requests even though it was a comped room! The Room was gorgeous! I had an ocean view with the most spectacular gleeming reflection of the sun on the ocean that I had ever seen! The room was huge and the bathroom was out of a magazine! The Casino was very comfortable and easy to maneuver. Of course Margaritaville and Landshark are a must visit with the Jimmy Buffet music and stiltwalkers, we had a blast! I could go on, but I think you got my point! Definately recommend!

Room Tip: The south side of Rendezvous tower was beautiful, not sure about the other side!