“Great room and great restaurant!”

Resorts Casino Hotel
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
Lewes, Delaware
“Great room and great restaurant!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Resorts Casino Hotel was a fabulous place to stay while enjoy a free concert on the beach in Atlantic City which included Jimmy Buffett! He was there I believe to promote his new Margaritaville Restaurant and Land Shark Bar and Grill which just happens to be on the premises of Resorts! SWEET! The room (we were in the newer section the Rendezvous tower) was great,very large and clean and the staff was helpful getting us in earlier than the regular check in time. Gallagher's restaurant was terrific! The steaks were delicious and the atmosphere was pleasant. The wait staff was very attentive which was also a big plus!! Land Shark is a fun place to have a drink or two while gazing at the ocean and the beach. Breakfast at the Margaritaville restaurant was very enjoyable especially if you sit outside right on the boardwalk.Two Thumbs up to the new makeover at Resorts Casino Hotel! I can't wait to go back in the fall!

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor away from an elevator and vending machines. The rooms in the rendezv...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ResortsGM, Manager at Resorts Casino Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Hi Lonerider123, thank you for taking the time to review us. We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, we couldn't agree more about the steaks at Gallagher's! Thanks for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (927)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
New York
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Ever. I didn't think there would be a casino worst than the Atlantic Club in AC, but I was wrong. Resorts AC is in a new league of horrible.

I arrived 10:30pm at the front desk to check-in and they told me to come back an hour later. My room is not ready until 30 minutes to midnight. Really? Wow. I might as well just sleep at the Margaritaville lobby area along with the rest of the bums.

I booked non-smoking, Ocean Tower, king-sized bed and instead I got smoking, Rendevous Tower, twin beds. What is point of booking in advance if they just going to give my room away? Stupid.

So around midnight, when I finally able to check-in and go to a room that doesn't match my booking info, I thought I can finally get some rest, right? Wrong. Suddenly, I hear somebody trying to open my door. I see who it was and some couple showed me their room key envelope. The same exact tower and room number! Wow. The front desk is not even trying to do their job now.

I go to the Margaritaville Restaurant. I think the bar staff there is trained to ignore you.

I went to Gallagher's Steakhouse the next night and asked for the ribeye. They gave me the prime rib instead. I guess they are both in the beef family so close enough. You know, can't really ask too much since they are a STEAKHOUSE. What do they know about this anyway?

The rewards card center told me if I bring back a restaurant receipt from the casino, they give me 20 dollars promo credit. After an hour waiting on the rewards center line to do this, I didn't see the credit on the slot machine. I went back and they told me to wait 10 minutes. I waited 20 minutes and still nothing. Scam.

I ask for drinks from the casino and the woman goes wait and then takes another guy's order.

I gamble 3 straight days and I lost all 3 days. Their slots have a f-u payoff percentage.

Lastly, they have NO WIFI. I know they are going for this 20s theme, but this is taking it literally. The front desk goes, we have dial-up. Wow. I think I would have respect them more if they just ended it at no wifi. Or perhaps we should all write to Apple suggesting they include a dial-up modem in their ipads. You remember; that thing with the huge phone jack at the end. Super high-tech.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Max D
Valley Stream, New York
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was for our stay at Resorts Casino on Saturday night. We have been before over a year ago and since we go to Mohegan Sun we heard they had redone it and they added a Margarittaville which we were really excited to see. Resorts looks pretty much the same as we remember but the front is a new building actually on the beach which is Margarittaville. Our room was in the ocean tower which is supposedly renovated. The room seemed the same except for furniture which was old style. We havent seen furniture like this in any of our other trips. I think they are trying to be fancy. Any way, it was comfortable and the room was clean and thats what mattered. The light needed a new bulb and they fixed that within 20 minutes. The bathroom was fine and it was clean but it was old maybe from the 1970s. Unattractive pale blue. Another thing, we did not have an ocean view at all. It looked out on to a roof but we didn't plant to spend much time in the room any way. We found out this was also the floor with the pool (which we did not go to) and that explained why there was so much traffic in the hallway. It is closed at night so there aren't people at night in the hall. We had dinner at Margarittaville and it was packed. Such a beautiful location right on the water, much nicer than the one in Mohegan Sun which is actually inside the casino. Everyone seemed to be having fun and it was a good time. I didn't think the food was as good as the other place but my husband said it was better. My soda tasted flat and our server immediately replaced it with another which was fine. After a stroll on the boardwalk to see the sights we headed back to Resorts to explore there. When we were upstairs we were given free tickets to the show there by the very nice man, Joel that owns Pro Bar on the top floor which is where the show is. We had seen the show on our last visit to Resorts which was well over a year ago as a spring get away so we were looking forward to it. This time it was a huge disappointment even for free. They kept all the bad acts and got rid of the good ones. We remember Cher and HE was amazing! They are all men playing women stars. We had pictures with him and everyone of my friends thought it really was Cher. We kept waiting for that. But there isn't a Cher anymore and the name of the show is now THE DIVAS DO AC. It was like they had no energy and it was sad. They have a Dolly Parton that is not convincing because she is too big and the host is Joan Rivers who screams way to loud the whole time she is on which is alot. And her makeup is not attractive. I see Joan Rivers on QVC and she does not look like that! You can tell this is an old man trying to be pretty. The jokes were good though. Be aware that afterward they will try to get you to buy a program which is 15$ which is why I suppose the owner gave us free tickets. Also be aware that they will try to get you to write reviews. The Dolly Parton asked me to write a good one because he said the show was being closed. i don't know when. It wasn't good, especially when they had a Liza Minnelli that looked sickly and sad. That was the show and we will not be back for that even for free.

We went to the breakfast buffet before we headed back home and it was perfectly fine. I am still confused by who owns this hotel but if its Mohegan Sun they haven't done much to the buffet. Its the same from our last visit. Like anywhere else, the bacon is not crispy enough for my taste but over all good. Over all our stay at Resorts was ok but nothing great. Next time we plan to check out the Gold Nugget except it is not on the actual beach and boardwalk.

Room Tip: Stay on a higher floor than 3. There are no ocean views that low. Also, they say the Ocean tower whe...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MadelineNick
ResortsGM, Manager at Resorts Casino Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Hi MadelineNick,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review, and for trying us out! We hope you had great weather during your trip -- as you experienced while you were here, our beach and access to it is something we love the most about the property. We're glad you enjoyed it too.
Lewiston, Maine
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Spent two nights at the Resorts Hotel and Casino during recent trip to Atlantic City. We paid the extra $ to stay in the Rendezvous Tour vs The Ocean Tower for the added space and an in-room safe. In the past, our rooms were comped, but not this year. We suspect this may have something to do with Mohegan Sun's partnership or all of the renovations (Margaritaville Theme) or a combination of the two. Price was still affordable at $89/night center boardwalk in the middle of the summer. Check-in process was smooth. Room was as expected - clean, very spacious, oversized bathroom with walk in shower, sitting area for getting ready, and private toilet area. The furniture, curtains, and bedding appears a bit dated, but gives a vintage vibe. The room has all the basics - refrigerator, hair dryer, coffee maker, iron/ironing board, plus a flat-panel TV.

As for the casino, the presence of the Margaritaville brand on the boardwalk and in the casino itself ads to the overall atmosphere and experience. We very much enjoyed the open air Landshark Bar and Grill on the ocean side of the boardwalk for drinks and a bite to eat. The casino offers a good a variety of slot machines and table games. They are working on a new food court, which states opening the summer of 2013, however as of the beginning of August, it appears they still have a little ways to go before opening.

Overall, our stay at the Resorts was positive. The only downside was comps/promos. While we were there, they were advertising a free t-shirt when you earn three points on your players card. This sounds achievable, however we gambled for at least four hours straight having earned only two points, before moving on to the next place. Also, the ONLY way to learn how many points you have earned, is to go to the players club booth, which is quite inconvenient during busy times, due to the lengthy lines. There was also a promo another day to get a cutting board by earning 5pts - needless to say, after more hours of gambling, we did not come close to this one, either. Regardless, we do not go for the free stuff, but they may want to look at making the system to check your progress in pts accrual a bit more friendly - and players - be prepared to literally run hundreds of dollars through their casino before qualifying.

Overall, the Resorts remains one of our favorite AC destinations, and we will return.

Room Tip: If you want more square footage, large bathroom, and in-room safe, you should request the Rendezvous...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kim F
Pottsville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I had a wonderful time at Resorts. The hotel was very clean, and all of the staff were friendly and helpful. The food is delicious, and there is so much to do. I loved the show "divas". Overall it was a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: I had a suite. It was very clean and comfortable
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Mirabel, Quebec
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The hôtel has new restaurant called Magarita ville , food excellent And ambiance of Island .. Al new carpet And casino Reno ,very good place to visit ,, new restaurants Will soon to open...

We have lové the place ,...

Room Tip: Visit the margaritab ville resto .
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank andregrimard
pen argyl
Reviewed August 1, 2013

what a beautiful casino -hotel resorts is now!!!!. they had just remodeled this whole casino to the jimmy buffet margaritaville theme. they also built an execellent restaurant/bar across the boardwalk from their casino called landshark. We usally stay at the total rewards casinos because of the room offers we always get from them, but then Resorts just happened to send us a room offer right before we were heading down to ac.When we decided we wanted to try something new, we took them up on their great room offer and decided to see what resorts was all about. we were impressed by the friendly employees and great atmosphere at resorts and will be staying there again soon on our next trip to ac!! What a great stay at resorts the original ac casino!!. the casino is absolutely beautiful, the room was execellent as well, the people working there were wonderful too!! They definetly made the right move with this property!!!!!.what an execellent transformation they did on this place!! execellent job resorts!!!

Room Tip: all you have to do is ask for what you want and they'll acccomadate you~!!!!!! we were in the o...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple