“Nice Hotel/Casino”

Resorts Casino Hotel
Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Every stay has been Great! The Staff, Facilities, Restaurants such a worthwhile experience. Slot play also very good and many new tables added. We are planning another future stay where your treated like family.

Room Tip: Corner suites quiet, sunny away from daily traffic of other hotel guests.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bridget A
There are newer reviews for Resorts Casino Hotel

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Normally my wife and I stay at the Tropicana when overnighting in Atlantic City. This time we decided to stay at Resort Casino. Everything went well during the conversation I had with the reservationist, but went downhill after that. When I received my e-mail confirmation it only had my confirmation ID and then check-in and check-out times. I telephoned hotel reservations and asked the reservationist to e-mail me a confirmation spelling out the guarantees and my special requests. Her response was that Resort's only provides the room rate. As well seasoned travelers, my wife and I know that if you don't get reservation details in advance of arrival, your arrival check-in is sure to go poorly. I then asked to speak with the Reservation Manager on duty. He repeated at least two times that my "special requests" were not "guaranteed." Both times I corrected him and stated I already knew the difference between "special requests" and "guarantees." Finally, he agreed with my assessment of the situation and promised to send me a fully detailed reservation confirmation. Upon receipt of this document I noticed that it contained only some of the "guaranteed" and only some of the "special requests" information. I have sent a follow-up e-mail to the Reservation Manager and can only hope that he gets it right the second time around. Based on my experience so far with Resort's Reservation Department it is unlikely that we will stay there a second time. I recommend that any person making reservations gets all of the agreed upon details in writing prior to arrival, otherwise your odds of being deeply disappointed are great, especially at Resorts in AC. Presuming that we don't cancel our upcoming stay, I will surely write a follow-up review.

Room Tip: I followed the recommendations of previous Resorts' guests and selected the Rendezvous Tower, a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Philip H
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I had a very enjoyable time. The room was spacious. The bathrooms could use a little work on the walls behind the sinks but overall the room was fine. Resorts had many of the machines I like to play and overall I enjoyed my stay. I plan on returning in August and the end of September.

Room Tip: I did not choose a room I took what was given to me but I could not have chosen better.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank kathleen m
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed in the Ocean Tower on June 7. I woke up itchy the next morning but did not think much of it. After returning home I quickly discovered bed bugs on my clothing and luggage. I had to throw stuff away and have an exterminator treat my whole house. I called Resorts. They seemed to get this call a lot and would not offer any help. They wouldn't even refund the $100 rate for the room. I will not be stepping foot into this casino ever again.

Room Tip: Check for bed bugs in any room
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
13  Thank Dan M
ResortsGM, Manager at Resorts Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Thank you again for sharing your feedback on your stay. We take reports such as yours very seriously and we are extremely proactive in consistently inspecting all of our rooms. The room in which you stayed has been thoroughly inspected by a professional contractor, and there were no signs of any type of problem in the room.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed here the last weekend in June and paid over $250 for one night. We were on the same floor as the pool but the opposite end of the hotel. We had a terrible view, the rooftop and the other building to the west :(. The bathroom looked original to when the hotel was built and the shower drained so slow that I was standing in 4-5 inches of water by the end of my shower, gross! The elevators in the parking garage were slow and there were only two so at checkout time we had to stand in line for about 10 minutes. My husband and I looked for stairs but there were none to be found so we continued to stand there and wait. Also we asked about late check out and they said that wasn't available because they were too busy and they told us check-out is 11am but when they gave us our room key the sleeve for the keys said check out was at noon??? The one positive I can say is that the bed was comfortable. However, the walls were thin and the neighbors woke me up in the middIe of the night. I will not be staying here again unless they renovate and don't increase the prices.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank headin4sun
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I are bi-yearly visitors to Atlantic City and have been for the past 5 years. We have stayed several places but always seemed to end up gambling at Resorts. Last year we decided to take our boys with us aged 11,12 and 14 and we stayed at resorts and had a blast, so good that we decided to do it again this year. 2012 was a good vacation, 2013 was fantastic.

We arrived during busy check in time but a valet was immediately there to take our luggage out, get a bellman and park our car. Check in was a bit slow but mostly because the other guests were being unpleasant. When it came to our turn, the hotel was sold out of rooms with two beds. We had two of our boys with us, aged 12 and 13 and we really needed the extra sleeping space. No problem at Resorts. The next thing I knew after a quick chat with his supervisor we were given the keys to a newly renovated two room king suite with plenty of room for all of us.

The Jimmy Buffet Franchise addition to Resorts including a beach bar is fantastic and gives a whole new feel to the place.

Because of the close and easy proximity to the beach we were able to play in the surf and sand all day with the boys and have tons of fun on the Steel Pier and boardwalk during the day. Then with the boys settled in for the night in the suite we would jump in the elevator and go down to the tables. The dealers are fantastic and the staff in the entire facility is fantastic. The free drinks on the gaming floor are even pretty powerful (which isn't necessarily a good thing if you aren't expecting it.)

Because we won at the tables we treated the kids to room service breakfast which was as wonderful as some of the 5 star hotels I've stayed at in the Caribbean. If you get a chance to try the steakhouse upstairs you will not be disappointed but stay away from the Burger Bar. The service and food was not up to the standards I expected.

On day two of our vacation our two oldest kids drove up and I was easily able to get them their own room at a great rate!

All in all everyone had fun, the staff made us feel like royalty the atmosphere is old world Hollywood and we made some terrific memories.

As far as the gambling goes, I know everyone's luck is different but we won enough money to finance the whole vacation for seven including gas, meals, two rooms and gambling and only were out of pocket 450.00.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have two bathrooms so make sure you ask for one if you are traveling with several...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
ResortsGM, Manager at Resorts Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

We're so glad that you had such a wonderful trip -- and especially good beach days. Those always help!
Looking forward to seeing you next time you're in AC!

First the good things:
Nice location. On the boardwalk. Nice beach on the water near the Hotel.

The bad:
Check in was a mess. The lines were disorganized. The front desk was undermanned for all the people trying to check in.
When we finally made it to the front desk they try to give us a different room. They claimed all the doubles were taken. Tried to give us a smoking room or a single when we had two kids and a total of four people. Had to force them to give us the room we asked for and had to demand some reduction in price they never offered until I demanded it.
In order to get to the hotel lobby everyone has to truck all their belongings a fairly good distance through the in casino area.
Much of the common areas smelled very smoky
Had to wait a extra hour for them to get us a room even though we are on time.
The room had wine stains all over the carpet.
Towels from the prior guest still in the room with wine and blood stains all over them.
Once again had to call management to get them to bring new towels and to reduce the price further.
The shower head holder was broken so taking a shower required holding the shower head and trying to stop it from blasting all over the rest of the bathroom.
Hotel had no Wi-Fi at all.
Despite all that we still managed to have fun on the boardwalk and enjoy the ocean.
Go to Atlantic City. It is fun.
However do not stay at this hotel pick a better hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013