“The way to ensure a customer's loyalty is through customer service... Mission Accomplished, Resorts!”

Resorts Casino Hotel
Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We had visited Resorts for our first trip to Atlantic City, and were pleased with it the first time- however, this time blew any hotel experience out of the park! Every hotel was booked, and SO expensive- and due to a last minute change of events we had to arrive a day late and try to find a hotel. We went to Bally's, Taj, Caesar's, and Golden Nugget- all were booked.

Then my boyfriend got the idea to call the hotel that we had had such a pleasant time at our first trip down, and sure enough there were rooms available at a significantly lower price.

Once at Resorts, we approached the Front Desk, and worked with Melissa who could tell how stressed, and tired we were. She was so accommodating to us. I have worked in hotels, as well as luxury apartment complexes- and her kindness and help should not only be acknowledged it should be REWARDED.

I hope you realize what an amazing employee you have within your company. The best way to promote retention in a company is to reward those that not only do the job assigned to them, but also go above and beyond and EXCEL, with ease, with the task at hand.

• Stayed July 2013
ResortsGM, Manager at Resorts Casino Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review, and also for your kind words! We'll make sure they're forwarded on to Melissa as well.
Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (989)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
New Jersey
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed here because we wanted to explore all the Margaritaville things at the hotel as big Jimmy Buffet fans. After booking, we noticed there was a cheaper rate online and called the hotel. They did honor it and change the rate. Check in was great and the front desk was very welcoming. The room was a classic hotel room, nothing special. The pool is in major need of an upgrade. Also, there were only 2 elevators working, so there was always a wait for it. We ate at both Margaritaville & the Land Shark Bar and Grill. Both were pretty good, but Land Shark ran out of Land Shark beer - which we thought was pretty funny.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelingswans
ResortsGM, Manager at Resorts Casino Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We're really happy with all of the new Margaritaville-themed additions and hope you enjoyed checking them out.
NY
Reviewed July 4, 2013

So I decided to take up Mohegan Sun offer and booked a hotel stay in November - 1 night. Stayed in the Rendezvous Tower. I have never stayed at a Super 8, but based on what I have heard, I strongly believe their rooms are better than the one I stayed in - the pillows, bed and chairs all had stains and filthy looking. The TV didn't work.

I decided to give Resort another shot; this time I requested upon making my reservation, a renovated room in the Rendezvous Tower. Arrived between 7:30 - 8:00 p.m., met a very pleasant person at the Front Desk. The room was not ready; she took all my information and told me housekeeping will text me when the room is ready, within 45 minutes. After 1 hour, no text message I returned to the Front Desk; she was gone for the night and I had to deal with Keven. He pretty much said to me that you will be staying in a comp room and should just take what's available. (I believe comp rooms are awarded based on play in the casino and I do cycle through $2K or more). I received the keys for the room after 10:00 p.m. and I had to keep checking. The room was 125% better than the one I stayed in before, not to Mohegan Sun standard but not the dump I stayed in before. Note: toiletries are limited at Resorts; no shower cap and a tiny bottle of shampoo and lotion.

Now I am encouraged, booked another 2 night stay. Arrived and immediately got a renovated room in the Ocean Tower. The room was not the same, but o.k. The bathroom much smaller - two people cannot be in the bathroom at the same time. But on looking around I found condoms, underwear, etc. by the bed. Gave it just a pass.

My most recent stay was in June, reserved a King Renovated Room in the Rendezvous Tower. Arrived and encountered a disgruntled representative at the front desk and the nightmare began. She gave me keys for a room in the Ocean Tower, on opening the door there was a strong stench coming from the bathroom. I returned to Madam Rudeness only to be told that the hotel sold out and no other rooms available. I asked her what will happened to the other 15 people in line to check in; where will they be staying? Eventually, I was able to speak with a supervisor and got a different room.

Resorts is a hit or miss when it comes to room and customer service. On one of my visit to Breadsticks; the server told me if I want a poached egg the wait will be long. I figured he needs to get the eggs from the hen's house. The next morning I ordered bagel and cream cheese - that should be easy and fast, well the wait was 45 minutes. Go figure. I checked out Magaritaville for breakfast on a Sunday morning at 10:00 a.m. and was told they were no longer serving breakfast, but will be serving lunch at 11:00 a.m.

I will give them a few more tries to get it right, but after the summer I hardly believe I will be going to Atlantic City; just will stick with Mohegan Sun and wait for Massachusetts casinos to open. The customer service, not only at Resorts but at Atlantic City is far from great! If Mohegan Sun don't turn around the service at this place, it will have an impact on their brand.

Room Tip: No Wi-Fi; no shower cap; no bottle water. The front desk not very helpful if your room is comp.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Maria J
Barnegat, New Jersey
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Ate at Capriccios. Excellent!!! Gaming areas are clean and staff very helpfull. There are many changes taking place for the better. Cant wait for the food court. Margaritaville makes some great drinks.

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I cannot speak to the actual hotel Because we did not stay there, we only stopped by the caseno while walking the boardwalk, but the bathrooms off the main caseno floor were absolutely filthy! Toilets would not flush and were full and spilling waste onto the floor. Smelly!
The casseno itself seemed typical and ok.
The Margaritaville gift shop is nice.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed overnight on Thursday, June 20 with my sister and parents. This was the first time we stayed at Resorts by using our comps. I was surprised by the rooms we were given since they were comps. I could not find anything wrong with the rooms. Our check in was painless. Everyone we encountered were friendly. I would indeed stay there again. The work they have done in the casino so far looks good. I can't wait to see it when they are done.

Room Tip: Don't pick Ocean Towers
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review.
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope we have the opportunity to host you again soon!
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The new landshark restaurant/bar and margaritaville just added to the excellent resorts casino. Clean rooms, helpfull staff, and a good environment just add to a wonderful stay. With a location in the middle of the boardwalk it is close to anywhere you would like to go in AC.

1 Thank LiveForVaca75
We're so glad that you're as happy with the new additions as we are!
Thanks for taking the time to review us. Hope to see you again soon.