“NOT SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY”

Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
New York City, New York
“NOT SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I planned a 2 night stay at the Resort on May 14. This would be the first time in 25 years that me and my husband would go somewhere without the kids, relatives or friends. I thought it was going to be even better because my birthday was on May 15. The room I paid for was the Ocean Tower Jacuzzi Room; on the request form I ask for 'ocean front' 'high floor' and 'extra pillows'. Upon arriving at 4:45pm I was pleasantly surprised that there wasn't any line at check-in, the desk person was polite and respectful; she inforned us that our room was ready. I told her how I was looking forward to spending time with my husband on my brithday. When I asked about my request ocean front NO ocean view high floor NO I live on the 5th floor of a 21 story complex so putting us on the 6th floor 'NO' that not a high floor. It was hard for me to believe there was no higher floor available in both Towers than the 6th floor. The room was clean but the brown water from the Jacuzzi; Gary from maintenance was very helpful and solve the problem; housekeeping came up very quickly and clean the tub. Overall the stay was OK, maybe I was expecting a little more or did I get what I paid for. I don't know if we going to come back in June for my husband birthday. So many questions CATHY nyc.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ladycat515

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (951)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I had a room in the Rendevous Tower. These rooms were built in 2004 and are large with huge well appointed marble bathrooms. I had a good (sidewards) view of the ocean and boardwalk. Room has everything you need- refrigarator, iron, desk, comfy chair...The buffet in the hotel is good, with exceptional quality meat at the carving station. The location on the boardwalk is not centeral to everything (but not bad) however the beach front was beautiful with almost no people on the beach in mid May when I went.

Room Tip: The first digit in the room numbers seem to designate the tower not the floor, so that room 3610 is...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
ResortsGM, Manager at Resorts Casino Hotel, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Thank you for selecting Resorts Casino Hotel for your overnight stay. We were pleased to read your very positive comments about your room, the view, and the great food in the Buffet. Thanks for that! We hope that you will return many times in the future to visit us!
Best Regards.
Detroit Michigan, United States
Reviewed May 12, 2013

If you plan on bringing a tablet or I pad you will be out of luck. Resorts still is using a Ethernet cable to access the internet which are only good for laptop hookups. It is my understanding that Showboat and the Taj do have wifi in the rooms for a daily fee. On my visit May 7 thru 10 I had to walk to the Showboat and go to The Earl of Sandwitch( 24 hour coffee shop) to get free wifi. I am not sure when Resorts will upgrade to wifi. I plan on returning in July but if they have not installed wifi access by then I will consider booking elsewhere.
Also during my stay the casino was constantly being tested with a fire alarm exercise which was very annoying because it went ON AND ON throughout the day. Many people including me and my wife were leaving because of the high decibel noise that really hurt your ears. As far as I know this will continue until the end of the month so be forewarned.
The room was very nice in the Rendezvous Tower on the 46 floor.

Since We arrived early on our flight from Detroit Metro Airport I was happy that the front desk allowed us early check in which was very well appreciated, this in itself made the start of our stay off to a good start.

Margaritaville looks like it will be a big draw when it opens especially being on the beach.

Room Tip: The Rendezvous tower rooms are large. Bathroons are also large ours has a huge walk in shower
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ResortsGM, Manager at Resorts Casino Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for selecting Resorts Casino Hotel for your recent visit. We were happy to read that the Front Desk was able to accommodate you with an early check in so that you could get an early start to your vacation. Please know the alarm testing you experienced is complete. The testing was necessary to prepare for the grand opening of the Margaritaville Cafe scheduled for May 24th. Also, Resorts is in the process of adding wi-fi and we anticipate completion by mid summer. We certainly hope that you will stay with us when you return.
Grasonville, MD
Reviewed May 9, 2013

First of all, the only reason that I did not give 5 stars is because of the construction in the Casino. I have been going to Resorts for over 10 years and I love it. The rooms are large and clean. My recent stay in the hotel was great as usual. The front desk people are nice and helpful. The restaurant Breadsticks is a great place to have Breakfast.

But, if you have never been to Resorts, please wait until June to get the wonderful experience that I am used to receiving there. Right now, the Casino is a mess due to construction. I only wish that I could have been able to spend more time in the Casino but I could not deal with the construction issues. And, my favorite machines to play were in the middle of the construction section. So, I am sorry to say that I did not play as much as I usually do on this trip. One more issue about the casino, I do not understand why people complain about smoke. It is not smokey in the casino. There are only a couple of small sections that allow smoking. Are you people who complain sitting in these small sections? If you don't like smoke, why are you sitting in the smoking sections? Most of the casino is non-smoking, so I don't get people complaining.

I will be back to Resorts again and again for the next 10 years or so. The rooms are great, the location is great and the personnel is top-notch. The casino will also be great once the construction is done. This is a place that I feel comfortable in. I am a female, usually traveling alone, and I feel safe here.

Room Tip: Wait until after the construction is finished to visit.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Merry711
ResortsGM, Manager at Resorts Casino Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for remaining such a loyal and valued customer of Resorts Casino Hotel over the past ten years. One of the most outstanding parts of your post was the comment regarding feeling comfortable and safe at Resorts. This is of utmost importance to us. Also,the many other positive things you had to say about the levels of service and the product delivered will certainly make our employees proud! Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We hope we continue to make you happy for many years to come!
Norristown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 7, 2013

paid for my hotel via Groupon for an overnight stay. We staye at the the Rendevous Tower which was very spacious and newly renovated. We had spa tickets where we were able to relax in the whirlpool and sauna. We ate dinner at Gallagher's Steak. The steak was very good. i would compare the price and taste to Ruth Chris Steak house.

we got tickets to Divas do AC. The show was great. The diva;s actually looked like the real celeberties to be male personaters.

The ocean tower rooms are very dated and small. if avaliable, i would suggest staying at the Rendevous Tower.

Room Tip: stay in the Rendevous Tower
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sweetpecantandy
ResortsGM, Manager at Resorts Casino Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thanks for the many positive things you had to say about your Resorts Casino Hotel experience. We truly appreciate your business and were happy to learn that you had a good time. We hope you'll come back and visit us many times in the future!
Best Regards!
Reviewed May 6, 2013

After a NIGHTMARE of trying to check into the Taj Mahal, I walked across the street to Resorts, asked for a Rendezvous Tower room (thanks tripadvisor reviewers!), and was pleasantly surprised. The room was huge. The beds were rock hard, but my daughter said she slept like a baby on hers. No odors, clean... okay, there was ONE unidentified stain on the stool at the foot of the bed.

I'm afraid of heights, so the view freaked me out a bit, but that's not their fault! Had to laugh, as we were walking down the hallway and noticed a missing picture. We always joke about just taking one off the wall, and it looks like someone had done just that!

Front desk personnel - very pleasant.

Not sure about the slots - the games seemed a bit old? And I didn't see my favorite - Sex in the City.

Resorts you have made a new fan. Won't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for selecting Resorts Casino Hotel for your stay. We were happy to read that you liked your room in the Rendezvous Tower and that you found the Front Desk Personnel to be pleasant. The best news to read was that you will be returning to stay with us again! We look forward to welcoming you back!
Best Regards.
Marsworth, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

It's ok if u just want a cheap hotel looks a bit dated also no wifi in rooms or anywhere which is useless these days room was good though pool
Closes way too early which is weird good front location I stayed 3 nights and felt save

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on your stay at Resorts Casino Hotel. We were happy to read that you enjoyed your room and the location of the hotel. The convenience of being on the Boardwalk is definitely a plus! As we move into season, we will be extending the hours for both the Pool and the Spa. In addition, there are many new and exciting changes taking place and we hope that you will return to experience them for yourself. Once again, thank you for taking the time to comment. Your feedback is most appreciated.