“holiday/conference”

Resorts Casino Hotel
Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed April 8, 2013

the room was very large, and clean. Breadsticks the casual restaurant was reasonably priced. Was there for a conference, the room was very, very cold. great location walking distance to all the outlet stores

Room Tip: stayed in rendezvous tower was great, not ocean view though
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jan181736
ResortsGM, Manager at Resorts Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for selecting Resorts Casino Hotel for your recent stay and for taking the time to post your comments. We were happy to learn that you enjoyed your guest room and your dining experience at Breadsticks. We hope that you will return again to visit us very soon.
Best Regards,
Marie Campbell

There are newer reviews for Resorts Casino Hotel

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Got a room comped threw MO Sun place was the pits casino was under construction if half was closed it was a tiny casino. Went to other casinos to gamble came back that night played there for half hour to get the free spin for being a new member there was so many dirty looking drunk people there looked like they where locals off the street for the night. Was scared being in that casino went up to sleep can't wait to leave in the morning there is a guard by elevator looking for your door key showed him a players card for Ceasers and they let us up LMAO. When checked in TV was broke, Door lock did not lock. They made us pay$5 to park when we arrived and when we get a players card they gave us a ticket to get the $5 back for parking at front desk when we went to check out and get the $5 they wanted a receipt for the parking said we did not get one they said we can't give you the $5, WAIT they make you pay before you can park so why do you need a receipt what do you think I flew over the parking gate and we are talking about $5 here not 50 K. Mo Sun is crazy hooking up with this dead beat casino do your homework before staying here not only should they comp you to stay here but pay you to stay. There are 12-13 casinos in AC this has to be the bottom of the list, Never going there again. and on a Friday night @ 10PM they have 3 Blackjack tables open one had no one playing on it 2 roult tables 1 was empty and this was a Friday night get the picture yet.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cw576
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I go to Atlantic city every year for my birthday and additional times but that's always the special trip. I try to stay in different hotels in different towers always. This trip my sister and I stayed in the rendezvous tower. When we checked in we changed the card the room was on we we're told he couldn't do that now that we have to wait until check out. The next morning I received notification from my bank my card was charged I went down spoke to the same person and he was a new employee that didn't know what he was doing I had to get a manager to fax a letter to my bank the idiot forgot to sign it I had to go back to fax another one this time he faxed the letter with my sisters information. Went back finally got the correct paperwork done and was refused a copy of it. I called the corporate office and complained and was told I would hear back from them and got no response I will never stay here again. Oh I didn't even get to the dirty room there were coffee cups and candy under one of the night tables when we arrived.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ebby123
ResortsGM, General Manager at Resorts Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Unfortunately, your last visit was close to a year ago and our ability to research and investigate the confusion experienced with your credit card is not possible. We are sorry to learn that last year your Resorts experience was not to your expectations. There are many exciting new changes happening at Resorts, one of which is the unveiling of Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville Complex. In preparation for this, Resorts is being transformed with room renovation projects, re-carpeting, new dining and entertainment venues, just to name a few. We hope you will return to see the transformation.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband received an offer for a comp room and credit at Resorts in A/C. The property has been taken over by Mohegan Sun in Connecticut and we are somewhat frequent guests at Mohegan...therefore the offer. It sounded good and we looked forward to the overnight stay with some food comp. Must say the trip was a waste of our time and money. The hotel was clean and our room in the Rendezvous Tower (renovated) was also clean but missing some seating furniture. ,,A large portion of the casino machines were roped off-limits due to changing carpets on the casino floor! Heard many people complain how disappointed they were. We also found the hotel lobby area large and hard to navigate....too much walking! No coffee shop...had a hard time finding morning coffee or breakfast. All in all....not good for us. We will not go back even though we received another free offer today!!! Disappointed that Mohegan Sun would associate with the A/C hotel. Mohegan is absolutely stars ********above and no comparison. Must add that the food at Gallagher's Burger Place was very good.

Room Tip: I believe Rendevous Tower are better rooms. Not sure.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank barbara d
ResortsGM, General Manager at Resorts Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent visit to Resorts Casino Hotel. We were happy that the cleanliness of the hotel and your guest room met with your expectations. We apologize for the many projects occuring on the casino floor. Please know that they are being completed rapidly in anticipation of the May opening of the Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville Complex. We sincerely hope you will reconsider and return to give Resorts another chance. We are sure you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I'm not used to settling for a crappy room just because it's comped. The way I look at it, they are comping because they know we are repeat customers so they should do their best to please. What a hassle to switch rooms the day after you settle in, but that's what I had to do. I couldn't stand staying one more night in the Frankenstein room we were first in, in the ocean tower. I don't know why those rooms exist and who actually stays there, but all I knew is that I work too hard for my vacations and I don't deserve to stay in a room like that. The windows on the 2nd floor overlooked the air conditioning units on the roof. Bathroom disgusting. Cracks all over the place. Switched in the morning to a room on the 4th floor. Same style but cleaner and in better shape. Far from the elevator, old tv, no view but overall better than room #1. Breadsticks restaurant is fantastic for breakfast. Made me feel better about the crappy room, even though the whole room switch ordeal took an hour out of my beautiful sunny day.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gmk82282
ResortsGM, General Manager at Resorts Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience at Resorts Casino Hotel. We were sorry to read that you had to room change, but were pleased to learn that your new room met your expectations and that you enjoyed your breakfast in Breadsticks. It's a very popular restaurant with our regular guests! Once again, thank you for taking the time to write and for selecting Resorts Casino Hotel.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed at resorts Friday night (good friday) and had 2 rooms. the rooms were in the ocean tower and were ready when we checked in. The rooms were very nice, clean and we were pleasantly surprised based on the reviews we've seen! The rooms had 2 beds, nice sized TV, closet, etc. I could do without the full sized mirror on the back door so you can see yourself on the potty (maybe move it to the closet door or hall outside the bathroom. Otherwise it was a nice room and we'd stay there again. I think the new margaritaville will be a great asset to this older resort and we look forward to checking it out!

The one thing that stood out was that the rooms were VERY quiet, which is a surprise. Usually A.C. rooms have paper thin walls,but we slept soundly without being disturbed by neighbors or hall walkers. This alone will make me choose resorts again next visit!

Also keep in mind they let you check out at NOON instead of 10 or 11 which is nice if you're having a late night weekend!! Resorts is my new place in AC!

Room Tip: Ask for a recently renovated room, they're really nice! Rooms were very quiet and we were very...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank rx7suzy

Thank you so much for posting such positive comments about your stay at Resorts Casino Hotel. The team at Resorts works hard to provide our guests with the best in service and accommodations and we were happy to learn that their efforts were visible to you. The best news to read was that you plan to make Resorts your "new place in AC"! Thank you so much for that! Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed: Sat March 30th

I checked out this review board before staying at the Resorts Casino so I would like to post what I think the real scoop is on this property.
First off the construction that a few have indicated is not bad at this point. I did not find it intrusive and there is no noise that I can see that is around either gaming areas or the rooms.

Secondly if you like the old world charm of Vegas then you will like the Resorts Casino. It gives you that warm feeling that the older casinos do. The ceilings are lower so you feel more comfortable then the mega resorts. The staff was very nice and service was really good.
Both me and my two brothers signed up for Casino comp cards and they indicated as soon as we had earned 2 points that we could come back before the end of the day and spin a wheel and win up to 100.00 in free slot play. We came back 3-4 hours later and both I and my twin had earned a free spin, I spun 5 bucks but my brother spun 100 bucks which was very cool. So we went out and put our cards in and played our free credits and my Brother won $500.00 bucks off his free play, it was on a 5 dollar wheel of fortune machine.

The casino is not as busy as some of the mega resorts, so getting on a Black Jack table doesn’t take too long; I love Roulette so again the wait wasn’t too bad. What I really liked is that after a while they knew who we were and we did not have to continue to give them our cards.

Room Service: I liked room service because they don’t try to screw you. We had stayed at the Borgata the night before and had 3 meals that ended up costing 97.00…although we did not have three meals we ordered two meals and a desert for 26 bucks. The prices in the restaurants are the same prices you pay for room service. So I thought that was very cool and affordable.

The rooms are a dated with older TVs, but they still had all the cable selections and movie choices. But with that said their room rates are reflective of this. We stayed on a Friday and paid 135.00 plus taxes….everyone else was asking 239.00 plus.

If this Casino granted me one thing I would ask that they have more Keno…very little with Keno and the Keno that they did have was off the normal pay scale. That was the only thing that was disappointing.
All in all the three of us enjoyed our stay this past Friday…and we will be back; just get that Keno squared away….

Again if you like reasonable prices, old Vegas type of atmosphere then you will like Resorts Casino.

R. Myers

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

We can't thank you enough for taking the time to post such positive comments regarding your Resorts Casino Hotel experience. It was gratifying to read that you and your brothers enjoyed the "old world charm" of Resorts, and that you found our team members "very nice". It sounds like you had a great time, and the fact that you plan to return again is even better news. Your comments regarding Keno will be forwarded to our Casino Operations team for their review. We look forward to your next visit!