“Good Location”

Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
London, Canada
“Good Location”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed in the Rendevous Tower & we were very happy...Room was clean, roomy, & we were treated fantastic.We didn't like the fact the buffet wasn't opened for breakfast. Only bad part was we travelled from Ont. & found the casino payouts bad.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank FayeM1950
Nico B, General Manager at Resorts Casino Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
On behalf of myself and our entire staff I would like to thank you for your kind review. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and the service you received. Regarding our Buffet, it is opened for lunch and dinner daily and for breakfast on a seasonal basis. We do, however, serve an excellent breakfast in our Breadsticks restaurant every day of the year. We hope to see you again at Resorts, soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (989)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Morristown, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed October 6, 2012

While the location and price is great the little critters crawling are not. I just hope I did not bring them home. All my clothes just went in the wash and I threw the duffle bag away. I've gone to AC several times and stayed at alll the Trump Casinos, Bally's, Ceasars, Tropicana even what used to be the Hilton and neve had this problem. This is a huge epidempic and while they don't carry any diseases, they are quite itchy and annoying. I do not mean this to hurt buisness at Resorts, I just would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Room 838 Ocean Tower 1, Bed Bugs
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Marybeth K
Nico B, General Manager at Resorts Casino Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Personally and on behalf of our staff and management I would like to apologize for your experience during your recent stay at Resorts. Thank you for identifying the room you stayed in which was inspected immediately after seeing your posting by a professional exterminator. Hopefully reassuring for you, after disassembling the bed they found no evidence of any bugs.

If you have the opportunity to read expert opinions on these creatures you will learn that:

Bed bugs don't care about cleanliness! They can thrive in an immaculate five-star hotel room, on public transportation or in upscale department stores just as easily as anywhere else. All they need is proximity to people to transport them to new locations and a crevice to hide in.

Mattresses, box springs and headboards are the most common hiding places for the bugs. This is the reason we wrap every box spring and mattress in our facility to reduce the hiding places.

Your luggage should be stored off the floor and for this reason we provide luggage racks in every room.

Even an expert technician might not find anything without disassembling furniture. This is the reason we do this with every room which has a reported incident.

Philadelphia and New York are the number 1 and 2 locations for bedbugs in the USA and most people staying with us are exposed to these areas by their work, friends or neighbors.

I hope this helps explain some of the misconceptions; however, we want to once again apologize for your stay being uncomfortable. We hope that you will give us another chance on a subsequent visit to Atlantic City.

New York City, New York
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Read many of the harsh reviews on here for this resort and noticed that the management were providing feedback to most of them as to ways they have been trying to improve so when my wife and I decided to go we thought we would give them a chance and we were very happy with our decision. The rooms are huge, larger than most 1 bedroom apartments and the furnshings were very classy, only knock on the room was the carpets and wall were a bit aged but still sufficiently clean as far as we were concerned. The staff security and parking people were all very helpful and the resort is right on the boardwalk which is very convenient. :-) Hope they continue to improve upon the resort so they get more positive reviews. We will be very happy to be booking with them again next year for a longer stay. THANKS

Room Tip: Rooms are huges and if above the 3rd floor on the south side have a great view of the ocean. Beds ar...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Art_Hitsman
Thank you for staying at Resorts during your recent visit to Atlantic City and for your kind review. It will be a pleasure to share your comments with our team. There are many exciting and positive changes taking place at Resorts and we are delighted you took the opportunity to experience them with us. We are looking forward to your return visit.
Neptune, New Jersey
Reviewed October 4, 2012

After Studio 6 closed, i wasn't sure about returning to AC. Resorts has done us proud boys! You will feel welcome and see a great show. Prohibition is fun....small, but fun. The bartenders make great drinks and the music is wonderful. It's worth taking a week off from the pretentious nature of Fire Island and letting your hair down if you haven't lately. Just remember to leave the "tude" at home.... ;-)

Room Tip: Look to the East!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank dancindan01
Thank you for staying at Resorts during your recent visit to Atlantic City and for your kind review. It will be a pleasure to share your comments with our team and especially the staff of Pro Bar (Prohibition) on the service level you received while staying with us.
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We had a wonderful time. Always enjoy our stays at Resorts. Staff is pleasant and always helpful even to the extent of walking with you to a area that you're looking for and not just pointing you in the direction. It was our wedding anniversary and 11 years ago almost to the day, we were there. We come there every year during our anniversary.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jabu72553
I would like to thank you for staying at Resorts for your recent anniversary and for your kind review. It will be a pleasure to share your comments with our team on the service level you received while staying with us.
NY
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Mohegan Sun recently acquired the management of Resort Casino; and as a result I received a promotional offer which includes Free Plays, Dining Comps and 2 Nights Free. After reading some reviews, I decided to pass on the Free Nights - and thank God I did.

First, on entering I was taken back by the "dinginess", but as I got into the Casino and look around it could be a nice place (ole casino feeling) - but lack of maintenance. Probably the reason for the acquisition. I am a regular at MS, and by their standards, this Casino is like comparing apples to oranges. To bring this to their standards, including customer service, will be a tall order.

I couldn't find any signs from the Boardwalk entrance directing to Customer Service/Promotions. I asked and was politely directed. The line was long, but I eventually made up to the counter. The person who attended to me was nice after she looked at the invitation I presented. The others at the counter were just downright impolite to patrons. First impression - they are unhappy and just need a pay check. In fact, most of the staff I encountered on my visit appeared disgruntled. I had to return to the counter 4 times as the Free Play promotions could not be activated. I felt like as I was a nuisance.

I was a little bit peckish and stopped at Breadsticks - the place was icky. I ordered a sandwich and a Snapple Ice Tea - didn't want any part of their fountain soda or cutlery. The wait was long. The server apparently forgot the order which was sitting at the kitchen counter that when it arrived, the sandwich was cold and sweaty ... the fries were cold and hard. I nibbled and left.

I played a little bit, the machines were paying decent - that may be the only reason I would return. My TITO for a less than a dollar was stuck in the machine - the attendant who came to fix the machine needed a second person to release the few pennies. The second person was just downright rude - she said to him, "is this what you called me for - cents". I would not have waited around for it, but was playing another machine a few steps away and was pointed out by a patron as being the person who TITO stuck. By then I believe "Ghetto Express" arrived, the line to the Promotional Counter was long and rowdy, and the atmosphere changed.

I am sure in a year's time things will be better, but it's not a place I would recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Maria J
Personally and on behalf of our staff I would like to apologize for not meeting or exceeding your expectations on your recent visit to Resorts. There are many exciting and positive changes taking place at Resorts at a very rapid pace. It is our hope you will revist sooner than later for a much more positive experience.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed at Resorts for 2 nights recently. I had a king in the Rendezvous Tower. It had it's ups and downs, and left me feeling fairly indifferent towards the hotel.

The good: The room is huge. The bathroom in my room was equally huge. I've stayed in some hotel rooms that were about the size of this bathroom. I could tell that the bathroom and the room had recently been given facelifts. The casino is large with plenty of gaming, easy access to the Boardwalk (literally right outside the door), plenty of food and drink choices.

The not so good: While the room had been given a facelift recently, it did not appear that it was being well maintained. The carpet was torn up and was coming apart in several areas. The shower, instead of a door, utilized a shower curtain rod and shower curtain, which I found on the ground upon entering the room. The bed is very firm, but some may like that. The pillows are about half the size of a normal pillow and were pancake flat. Also, Imagine my surprise when I sat at the computer desk and the right arm fell off of my chair.

You're charged for in room internet, which is probably my biggest pet peeve at a hotel, but even more unexpectedly, I was charged $3.50 to print my boarding pass from the business center. I was flabbergasted at this. I travel almost every week and I can't remember ever being charged for this.

Finding the business center itself was a task. The night before I was due to leave I asked a casino employee where the business center was. They assured me they did not have one. I then a security officer, he told me they did have one, but it was closed and I could not access it. I then asked a man in a suit who appeared to be a manager, who admitted he had no clue where it was and directed me to go to the front desk. After waiting in line at the front desk for quite a while while other guests checked in, I was finally (thankfully) told where the business center was, and it was no "closed" that it locks at 9pm, but a room key opens the door.

I was left feeling underwhelmed by me experience here, but not completely put off.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
On behalf of myself and our entire staff I would like to thank you for your thoughtful review. We were delighted to hear you enjoyed your accommodations and our amenities. At the same time, I apologize for the maintenance issues and that some of our personnel were not able to properly guide you to our Business Center. I will refer your review to the appropriate managers and supervisors for improvement. I was also surprised to hear that you were charged for printing a boarding pass as airline check-in with printed boarding passes are services provided at no charge in our Business Center. Please contact me at your convenience for a refund. We hope you will visit with us again soon.