“Recent Resort Stay”

Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Staten Island, New York
“Recent Resort Stay”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We had a wonderful time. Always enjoy our stays at Resorts. Staff is pleasant and always helpful even to the extent of walking with you to a area that you're looking for and not just pointing you in the direction. It was our wedding anniversary and 11 years ago almost to the day, we were there. We come there every year during our anniversary.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jabu72553
Nico B, General Manager at Resorts Casino Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
I would like to thank you for staying at Resorts for your recent anniversary and for your kind review. It will be a pleasure to share your comments with our team on the service level you received while staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (952)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
NY
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Mohegan Sun recently acquired the management of Resort Casino; and as a result I received a promotional offer which includes Free Plays, Dining Comps and 2 Nights Free. After reading some reviews, I decided to pass on the Free Nights - and thank God I did.

First, on entering I was taken back by the "dinginess", but as I got into the Casino and look around it could be a nice place (ole casino feeling) - but lack of maintenance. Probably the reason for the acquisition. I am a regular at MS, and by their standards, this Casino is like comparing apples to oranges. To bring this to their standards, including customer service, will be a tall order.

I couldn't find any signs from the Boardwalk entrance directing to Customer Service/Promotions. I asked and was politely directed. The line was long, but I eventually made up to the counter. The person who attended to me was nice after she looked at the invitation I presented. The others at the counter were just downright impolite to patrons. First impression - they are unhappy and just need a pay check. In fact, most of the staff I encountered on my visit appeared disgruntled. I had to return to the counter 4 times as the Free Play promotions could not be activated. I felt like as I was a nuisance.

I was a little bit peckish and stopped at Breadsticks - the place was icky. I ordered a sandwich and a Snapple Ice Tea - didn't want any part of their fountain soda or cutlery. The wait was long. The server apparently forgot the order which was sitting at the kitchen counter that when it arrived, the sandwich was cold and sweaty ... the fries were cold and hard. I nibbled and left.

I played a little bit, the machines were paying decent - that may be the only reason I would return. My TITO for a less than a dollar was stuck in the machine - the attendant who came to fix the machine needed a second person to release the few pennies. The second person was just downright rude - she said to him, "is this what you called me for - cents". I would not have waited around for it, but was playing another machine a few steps away and was pointed out by a patron as being the person who TITO stuck. By then I believe "Ghetto Express" arrived, the line to the Promotional Counter was long and rowdy, and the atmosphere changed.

I am sure in a year's time things will be better, but it's not a place I would recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Maria J
Personally and on behalf of our staff I would like to apologize for not meeting or exceeding your expectations on your recent visit to Resorts. There are many exciting and positive changes taking place at Resorts at a very rapid pace. It is our hope you will revist sooner than later for a much more positive experience.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed at Resorts for 2 nights recently. I had a king in the Rendezvous Tower. It had it's ups and downs, and left me feeling fairly indifferent towards the hotel.

The good: The room is huge. The bathroom in my room was equally huge. I've stayed in some hotel rooms that were about the size of this bathroom. I could tell that the bathroom and the room had recently been given facelifts. The casino is large with plenty of gaming, easy access to the Boardwalk (literally right outside the door), plenty of food and drink choices.

The not so good: While the room had been given a facelift recently, it did not appear that it was being well maintained. The carpet was torn up and was coming apart in several areas. The shower, instead of a door, utilized a shower curtain rod and shower curtain, which I found on the ground upon entering the room. The bed is very firm, but some may like that. The pillows are about half the size of a normal pillow and were pancake flat. Also, Imagine my surprise when I sat at the computer desk and the right arm fell off of my chair.

You're charged for in room internet, which is probably my biggest pet peeve at a hotel, but even more unexpectedly, I was charged $3.50 to print my boarding pass from the business center. I was flabbergasted at this. I travel almost every week and I can't remember ever being charged for this.

Finding the business center itself was a task. The night before I was due to leave I asked a casino employee where the business center was. They assured me they did not have one. I then a security officer, he told me they did have one, but it was closed and I could not access it. I then asked a man in a suit who appeared to be a manager, who admitted he had no clue where it was and directed me to go to the front desk. After waiting in line at the front desk for quite a while while other guests checked in, I was finally (thankfully) told where the business center was, and it was no "closed" that it locks at 9pm, but a room key opens the door.

I was left feeling underwhelmed by me experience here, but not completely put off.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
On behalf of myself and our entire staff I would like to thank you for your thoughtful review. We were delighted to hear you enjoyed your accommodations and our amenities. At the same time, I apologize for the maintenance issues and that some of our personnel were not able to properly guide you to our Business Center. I will refer your review to the appropriate managers and supervisors for improvement. I was also surprised to hear that you were charged for printing a boarding pass as airline check-in with printed boarding passes are services provided at no charge in our Business Center. Please contact me at your convenience for a refund. We hope you will visit with us again soon.
Reviewed September 27, 2012

First of all, we only stayed overnight and 2 days... on a groupon type of deal. So I am not sure if the service we received is in direct relation to the fact that we were on a deal. However, eitherway I think that no matter what rate a guest pays, they should still be able to get good service. We arrived there and the hotel front desk had no idea about the deals that were run by the hotel. We had a hard time checking in and they made the process quite difficult. Apparently they ran so many deals they couldnt keep track of when and where and how.
Finally after almost an hour at check-in they straightened things out and we were provided with everything that came with our deal. This is an older hotel/casino. Quite dated, it holds the old feel of classy, remnants from days long passed... carpets are old and frayed. The decor probably most appealling to retiree's.

The rooms are old and dated but to their credited, despite the old and musty looking furniture.. they are quite clean and the old time charm is a nice touch. And to give a little credit to the service, they did make up for the unbelievable wait and confusion by giving us a nice room on a corner in a high floor. The oceanfront rooms are nice, if you open the windows the wonderful sounds of the ocean come wafting thru, However, you cant really see the ocean view that much as the windows are quite dirty, probably hard for them to keep up with the salt water and everything else.

The buffet is not great... go down the boardwalk to ballys or trump or the restaurants. We went during fall, If your coming here for the first time to check out the place and not really doing the casino thing, skip the fall time if thats the only time you have to get away, I'd say choose a different vacation or wait.

If you are going in the summer though and plan to spend your time mostly outside, this is a good crash pad. Nice clean and spacious rooms to rest in after a day of playing out in the sun.

Room Tip: corner rooms are nice, spacious with big windows that wrap around the corners...higher floors for th...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank avableu
Personally and on behalf of our associates I would like to apologize for your check-in experience at Resorts. This is certainly not the standard that we have established and I have discussed your comments with our employees and managers at our Front Desk for further training.
New Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Visited Resorts hotel in Atlantic City on a monday, tuesday and wednesday. The room was great nice and big with a giant bathroom. I had not seen such a nice bathroom ever! The house keeping was good. We dined at two of the three rest. available with our package. The Breadsticks was ok although I had the best ministrone soup ever. the Asian was ok The coffee shop was the best But the buffet was a horror the lines were very, very long we tried for three days while we stayed and did not make it. Each day the line was at least an hour wait!! we went at lunch and the place opened late we never knew why? tried an early dinner and went back later in the evening since it closed at 8 PM we gave up!! You need to work on that issue. It was a weekday can you image on a weekend. I would stay there again but eat elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank machita17
Nico B, General Manager at Resorts Casino Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
I would like to thank you for your thoughtful review. We were delighted to learn you enjoyed your accommodations, food and service. I was sorry to hear you were not able to partake of our Buffet as it is quite extensive and as you were able to see, popular as well. I have referred your comments to our Food & Beverage Manager for review and action. Again, thank you.
Philadelphia
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Total rip off! We paid $380 for a Sat night for a two double bed room in the "Ocean tower". The room was clean but the carpet had stains and was very outdated and tired. The bathroom had cracked title and a gross drop ceiling. The airconditioner cold but smelled musty. Luckily the windows opened to get fresh air. The beds were like sleeping on cement..the WORST bed I have ever tried to sleep in. I almost went to my car to sleep it was that bad. I would have left but I had been drinking and was with a group a people. The only good thing was that the housekeeping service was very prompt in bringing us a new iron. Can't comment on resturants (other than coffee shop was very nice) or casino.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 2TravelMore2
Personally and on behalf of our associates I would like to apologize for the condition of your room at Resorts. This is certainly not the standard that we have established and I wish you would have contacted us so that I could have handled this immediately.
I have referred your comments to our employees and managers in our housekeeping and maintenance department for further training. Regarding the bed, we are in the process of replacing the beds in all our rooms with new memory foam topped mattresses. We hope you will give us another opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations.
Long Beach, California
Reviewed September 24, 2012

OK rooms, clean, staff was helpful, food was good in Breadsticks, very overpriced in buffet, not particularly good. Was there on convention, rooms and food for convention were good. Most of Atlantic City is run down, old, boardwalk is no longer amazing, old and tired. Personally, I would not stay there again, rather, since I had a car, would stay in motel more inland, drive to convention. The group opted for Vegas for the future.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
I would like to thank you for your thoughtful reveiw. I was delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay at Resorts but was sorry you did not have a better impression of Atlantic City from your visit. Many changes for the better have taken place since your last visit nearly a year ago. We hope you will give Atlantic City another chance. Again, thank you.