“Nice Casino........Bed Bugs”

Resorts Casino Hotel
Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I stayed at the Resorts Hotel Casino on 6/24/2012 - 6/27/2012. Wonderful location on the boardwalk, lovely casino but there were bed bugs. I stayed in Room 470 in the Ocean Tower, when I woke up the next day there were bed bug bites on my wrist and my chest. I followed protocol and filed a report through security and let them take pictures, the supervisor upgraded my room to a suite for the remainder of my stay....however, the bite marks have spread and are everywhere on my body. I dont understand how this Hotel was rated the #! Casino Hotel in Atlantic City. Trying to get some type of refund or compesation for my inconvenience is nearly impossible, everyone is sending me on a run around and acting as if there is nothing they can do. I am going to contact the General Manager and the Health Department.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank A B
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

First personally and on behalf of our staff and management I would like to apologize for your experience. Room 470 in the Ocean Tower was inspected the next morning by a professional exterminator who after disassembling the furniture found no evidence of any bugs. The room was then doubled locked and reinspected the next day and again the room tested negative as reported by the inspector.

If you read expert opinions on these creatures you will learn that:
• Bed bugs don't care about cleanliness! They can thrive in an immaculate, five-star hotel room just as easily as anywhere else. All they need is proximity to people to transport them to new locations and a crevice to hide in
• Mattresses, boxsprings and headboards are the most common hiding places for the bugs. This is the reason we wrap every boxspring and matttress in our facility to reduce the hidding places.
• Luggage should be stored off the floor.
• Even Expert technician might not find them without disassembling furniture. Ths is the reason we do this with every room which was reported wall.
• Philadelphia and New York are the number 1 and 2 locations for bedbugs in the USA.

I hope this clears up some misconception about bedbugs.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,872)

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Now I came her to write a review about Resorts before I read the previous comments. I think it is a shame that one gets to read only reviews from people who have had bad experiences.
First everyone I have talked to commented to my wife and I on how friendly the staff is. Yes one can find newer hotel rooms, more modern looking but the old world charm that resorts has is unmatched.
Has the facility being renovated? this is a point for discussion. Refreshed might be a better term and there would lead to less confusion in people's mind.
The rules are simple and we follow them and have never had a problem. We get comp rooms and are told to get to the front desk before 9pm. Nothing hard about that. When wwe requested a room with a double bed we were told that it was on request only so we waited for the right room to be available.
The hotel location is perfect, next to the beach and the boardwalk. There are plenty of choices for places to eat.but beware that this hotel attracts alot of familes (read kids running around) so if you are looking for calm and quiet you are not getting it here.
The pool area is great with a roof that opens up however the pool itself needs work with peeling paint.
The room was clean and smelled good but the carpet looked worn and older.
All in all I rather be at Resorts than anywhere else in AC and the main reason is the staff.

Room Tip: Come early and be patient for a better room as people seem to check out very late.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ryan B
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My wife and I and 2 friends took a bus trip to the resorts on 6/19 until 6/21 2012 and we were very disappointed in the room. Carpet stains everywhere...table at the foot of bed was loaded with stains....chair had a tear and stains. Wonderful size shower that would not stop leaking....we both finished our showers and then both sinks backed up with water and sand. Hair dryer did not work. Now while they did bring up a dryer immediately and did correct the backed up sinks we both think that these items should have been checked before waiting for a complaint....Room 3721.....YUCK. Pool closes at 6pm and the dinner buffet closed at 8pm.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank MyBoston11
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

First personally and on behalf of the associates at Resorts I would like to apologize for your overall stay.

I am glad that your issues were addressed promptly and I am sure you did notice that this is an older building and because of it we do experience issue with drainage from time to time. I also want you to know that we are addressing your suggestion of keeping the pool open later which should happen starting in early July.

In attempting to deal with the issues you brought up I was unable to find in the room you mentioned a table at the foot of the bed however we did review the proper functioning of the hairdryer.

Thank you again for your comments and we wish you a pleasant summer.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

My husband, two friends, and I had the worse experience at Resorts Casino. We arrived at 8:30pm on Monday June 11th, and were told that our rooms were not ready and to check back in an hour. Came back around 10pm, and surprise our room wasn't ready! We asked again when it would be ready and what they were going to do about it. One person at the front desk said another hour, and another said she really could not say. Their reason for not having rooms ready on a Monday night....conventions?! The hotel was not packed at all and I believe the issue was due to being short on housekeeping staff. We checked back again...nope not ready, but this time they offered to give us $50 in food credit to our 2 rooms after I complained how absolutely ridiculous this was, and that I needed to check into our room ASAP because I am 8 months pregnant and needed to lay down!! Oh yeah, they also let us know that the housekeeper that wold be cleaning our rooms would not even arrive until midnight!! My husband and I finally were able to check in after 1 am on the day we had to check out, and our poor friends had to wait until after 2am for their room! On a Monday!!!!! They would not refund our rooms because we booked through Expedia, were very rude when we asked if they would, and the only thing they did was let us check out at 2pm and get $50 to spend at their crappy restaurants. When we tried to use the room credit for breakfast the next AM, we got the runaround and had to wait for about 10 mins when trying to pay our bill so they could confirm that we hadn't checked out. NEVER AGAIN WILL WE STAY AT RESORTS!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Just stay somewhere else! Our room in the Rendezvous tower was decent but the bed was as hard as a r...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Kathryn F
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

I would like to first apologize for the inconvenience of waiting and your overall stay.
June has suprisingly been extremely busy and Resorts has been running full every night to the point where this has been the busiest month relative to occupancy for the past 2 years.
Looking at the Assistant Front Desk Manager report you had requested specific room types asn although we had clean rooms available we were waiting for previous guest to vacate the rooms to clean them as we had 5 housekeepers till 1:00am on stand-by to get rooms ready.
Unfortunatly this is not something we could have anticipated and we are comfronted from time to time with guests who stay in their rooms for much longer than what seems reasonable on their departure day.
We totally missed the mark in your case and once again please accept my personal apologies. Once you child is born and you decide you need to get away please contact me directly and I will handle your next stay with us.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

well im home from my vacation couldnt wait to leave the resort hotel i booked this hotel for 4 people and 2 rooms back in febuary 2012 requesting joing rooms and an ocean veiw well when we got there we waited to get into are rooms as i entered my room i could not belive it. it was so small i went to look out the window all i seen was a roof i left the room to see how my uncles room was i found out he was 5 rooms down and on the opposite the hall i wasnt to happy when i went to the front desk i was told it was only a request that if they have the rooms my room was dirty they gave me a room that was big but dirty i found french frys under the bed and other items under the couich was nasty i removed the cousions found tubs of itching cream that was empty had to wait till 5 pm to get clean towels oh the front desk they need to find people that take a little pride in there work these people there i felt like i was bothering them
we ate there and i tell you it was the worst breakfest i ever had at the buffet the breadstick wasnt to bad tho i went to the pool to find out it was closed i did ask if i could just peek at it i was told in a nasty way no its closed all they were doing was talking to each other 2 min thats all i ask i know im not the only one that didnt enjoy them self you get to meet others and talk so again i will never go back or refer any one there

Room Tip: dont go there it will be the worst time in your life i looked at other casinos i tell you the...
Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank bob t
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

On behalf of myself and he staff I would like to apologize for your stay. There was no excuse for te condition in which you found your room and I have discussed you finding with our housekeeping staff.

With the high occupancies we have been experiencing we cannot guarantee specific room types such as beach view or adjoining and furthermore adjoining with beach view as we only have 8 pair out of 942 rooms and it takes a miracle for both room to be available at the exact same time.

Also I do not know of your specific circumstances but there are times when we have to close the pool by ordinance which includes bad weather or beyond opening and closing times as the water is being treated and could be harmful to people swimming.

Once again I am sorry you did not find your stay enjoyable and hope that on your next visit you will see some improvement. Thank you!

Reviewed June 22, 2012

I'd like to start out with a response from a manager of this hotel, concerning a post from earlier this month about bed bugs. As far as all 900 beds being wrapped, that is a lie. I stayed in this hotel June 20th to June 22nd 2012. Upon entering room there was cigarette butts beside the bed, no towels in the room, sheets were never changed and a towel stuffed inside the pillow case, shower was not cleaned, no tissues and no extra toilet paper. Called housekeeping 2x and finally got towels 5 hrs later. The next morning was waiting on housekeeping to come to room for clean bed linens, well all I can say is housekeeping cart was sitting in hallway for hours but there was an invisible maid. I looked on cart for clean sheets but at my dismay there are no sheets on these carts and there are no clean blankets. This is a fact and I think it is the most disgusting way to run a hotel!! I also think this is a Heath code violation and this hotel should be shut down and brought up to code as far as cleanliness!!! I enjoyed my trip to Atlantic City but as far as my next trip it won't be to Resorts!!! I called hotel to report to them that I am covered in bites from bed bugs and all I got for a response was they were going to shut the room down, I think it's a little late for that, especially the week before I stayed there more guests reported a bed bug problem. The minute they got the first report of bed bugs, the hotel should have been shut down and cleaned properly!!!!!! This is disgusting and I am pretty pissed off about this whole situation.

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank Bbugs
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

First let me apologize for your stay. It is understandable that you are angry at this situation.

Contrary to popular belief Experts have clearly said that “Remember that bed bugs don't care about cleanliness! They can thrive in an immaculate, five-star hotel room just as easily as somewhere run-down. All they need is proximity to people and a crevice to hide in"

Bed bugs are brought in from the outside, from people's own clothing, from luggage, new clothes that have not been washed and being in close proximity to them can expose you.

If you do research on Resorts you will see that we have the least amount of reports including 4 and 5 star hotels and every single hotel has reports. We have chosen at Resorts to deal with the issue straight on by wrapping every mattress to have less hiding places, disassembling the furniture when we have a report and when the room tests negative to leave it for 24 hours and then retesting the room.

Once again my apologies for your discomfort and frustration and I hope you will give us a chance in the future to change your mind.

Thank you.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

We did not actually stay at the resort, but did eat at the Buffet. We received certificates for our family of 5 to eat there after going to a Timeshare presentation, so it was no money out of our pocket thankfully. We were told it was a $40 per person meal, when in reality it is $30 plus tip.
Yes, they have crab legs on the buffet and were good, but I am not into working for my dinner so I just got a few. I guess if you eat plates full of the crab legs like I saw some doing, you would get your money worth.
The peel and eat shrimp was nothing to write home about.
The Lamb & Roast were dry.
The desserts were okay.
They did have a oriental dish that was very good, which I got seconds on.
Refills on drink were very slow coming, had to ask the waiter three times to get refills.
If I was paying for this buffet and they dropped the crab legs, it would be about the same as a Golden Corral buffet that is less than $10 a person.
All 5 of us walked out saying "Glad we did not pay for this"

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family