I was very nervous after reading all the reviews here, but my experience was completely different from all the reviews I've read.
Arrived about 3:30, payed $5 in the self park garage. Cheryl at the front desk was wonderful. Was told that there were no non-smoking rooms in the ocean tower, but for 20 a night more we could stay in Rendezvous (now this could've been BS to spend more, but hey, we only ended up paying 89/night). They said smoking is a request, not a guarantee, so just make sure you're aware of this.
The room wasn't ready, and we were told to come back in an hour. Walked the boardwalk, then went back, and was told about another half hour, so went to the casino for a bit. This was no problem for us, as we weren't there to sit in a room anyway.
The Rendezvous tower was wonderul. Clean, comfortable, and spacious rooms. Stayed in room 4919, and the view was amazing. Room didn't have wash towels, called the front desk and we had them in minutes.
I'm just shocked we stayed in the same hotel as all these other reviews. Who knows, maybe I'm just easier to please than others. Yeah, there were a couple issues, but RELAX, YOU'RE ON VACATION. When you're paying 1/3 of the price as the other hotels on the boardwalk, it's not going to be as luxurious. Maybe the Ocean Tower is just that horrible, but I read alot on the horrible staff and we experienced none of that. Yeah, most of them didn't say hi or anything, but anything we needed we got quickly.
The location was great. Was worried about being at the end of the boardwalk, but actually liked this end more than the Caesers/middle area. Little calmer, and a very easy walk down that way.
Only place we ate in at the Resorts was Gallagher's burger bar. Great burgers, and they had a 2/1 burger deal, which was a great deal. Wanted to try the Italian restaurant there, but it was closed Mondays/Tuesdays, which of course was when we were there.
I will definately be staying here the next time I'm in town. For the price, you can't beat it!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The fun is here! From the world-renowned sandy, white beaches to the hottest action in AC on our casino floor, Resorts is all about having fun. Resorts is home to Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville entertainment complex which include the famous Margaritaville restaurant, LandShark Bar & Grill - AC's only year-round beach bar, retail shops, new casino gaming, 5 O'Clock Somewhere Bar and more. Enjoy luxurious ocean view rooms, and indoor/outdoor pool giving you the summer feel 365 days a year, spa and salon services for men and women, award-winning dining and so much more. Resorts is the perfect place to find your fun! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Booking.com, Prestigia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Resorts Casino Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Atlantic City
- Resorts Casino Hotel Atlantic City
- Atlantic City Resorts Casino Hotel