“Stay in the Rendezvous Tower I Guess” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Resorts Casino Hotel

Resorts Casino Hotel
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
Pittsburgh
“Stay in the Rendezvous Tower I Guess”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

I was very nervous after reading all the reviews here, but my experience was completely different from all the reviews I've read.

Arrived about 3:30, payed $5 in the self park garage. Cheryl at the front desk was wonderful. Was told that there were no non-smoking rooms in the ocean tower, but for 20 a night more we could stay in Rendezvous (now this could've been BS to spend more, but hey, we only ended up paying 89/night). They said smoking is a request, not a guarantee, so just make sure you're aware of this.

The room wasn't ready, and we were told to come back in an hour. Walked the boardwalk, then went back, and was told about another half hour, so went to the casino for a bit. This was no problem for us, as we weren't there to sit in a room anyway.

The Rendezvous tower was wonderul. Clean, comfortable, and spacious rooms. Stayed in room 4919, and the view was amazing. Room didn't have wash towels, called the front desk and we had them in minutes.

I'm just shocked we stayed in the same hotel as all these other reviews. Who knows, maybe I'm just easier to please than others. Yeah, there were a couple issues, but RELAX, YOU'RE ON VACATION. When you're paying 1/3 of the price as the other hotels on the boardwalk, it's not going to be as luxurious. Maybe the Ocean Tower is just that horrible, but I read alot on the horrible staff and we experienced none of that. Yeah, most of them didn't say hi or anything, but anything we needed we got quickly.

The location was great. Was worried about being at the end of the boardwalk, but actually liked this end more than the Caesers/middle area. Little calmer, and a very easy walk down that way.

Only place we ate in at the Resorts was Gallagher's burger bar. Great burgers, and they had a 2/1 burger deal, which was a great deal. Wanted to try the Italian restaurant there, but it was closed Mondays/Tuesdays, which of course was when we were there.

I will definately be staying here the next time I'm in town. For the price, you can't beat it!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Pens4821

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (880)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

Upon arrival we were checked in to the Ocean Tower which sounded lovely. As the elevator door opened we were greeted with a strong musty mildew chlorine smell. The walls wer stripped of paint and woodwork. Guests were telling us not to even go to the room and go back and get new rooms. We didn't mind a little remodeling so we went to the room for benefit of the doubt. Upon entering the room we saw the bathroom had no towels, the carpet had stains as well as the chair. The bedspreads had stickers in them, in addition to stains. We called the desk to ask for a new room and the fd agent was not very receptive. Her customer service skills told us to go back to the desk to get new keys. She never asked what was wring if we needed help with the bags or even if there was anything she could do to help. We leave the room to go up into the elevator which doesn't work that had an employee in it. After stating this was our first time and we weren't happy, he stated "at least they pay me to be here". So we return to the desk and are told to wait online for another half hour even though we had problems with the first room. So we check in and explain the issues. The gentleman at the desk was helpful and gave us a new room in the rendezvous tower. We went to the new room and it was nice! Lovely hallways beautiful bathroom with double sinks and a separate vanity area! We were very happy in this room. We decide to go to the pool area and the spa. The spa charges you 15.00 for a more private jacuzzi, weight room, sauna and eucalyptus room. We enter the women's side to see a few people in the jacuzzi one of which doesn't have a top on. We disregard this and go in. Only to find she doesnt have bottoms on either!! We stand up just as she's getting out, with a view to scar you! We go to the spa desk and ask what e policy's are as some places do allow you to bathe naked. The girl says no we don't you are required to wear suits someone has said something to her and were not the only people to complain today. So she was there all day just not listening. We ask for the manager and after waiting 20 mins for her she comes and at this point I am furious. Apparently this lady comes here alot and they turn the cheek when she comes. I thought policy's were to be followed by everyone, but if you spend enough you can make your own. If this women wanted to smoke in the non-smoking area she could've. When asking about the regulations from the board of health the manager said she wasn't sure of them. Is this the type of people that run this hotel? Poorly run!! We leave disgusted and go to gamble elsewhere. Upon our return from gambling we return to our room around 2-230 am to find a bottle of wine and fruti platter from the manager. A nice gesture but being delivered after 9pm to our room, and just after our overall Resorts experience, came up a little short. We will be staying elsewhere in ac when we come, as should you!!

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
Marlton, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

Stayed as Resorts this past weekend (7/30) with friends for an event. Firs,t we were not given the non-smoking room we requested so we had to take a smoking room in the Ocean Tower. This is the original section of the hotel and it' is just filthy. We stayed on the 6th floor and being non-smokers we all were just disgusted, but what choice did we have. We were told by the front desk that our room was newer with new rugs so the smell shouldn't be that bad. Our room was so dirty i should have slept in my clothes. The rugs were definitely not new nor was anything else. Gross stuff on the ceilings etc. We are all in the in the process of figuring out if we brought home bed bugs. Found something on my pillow in the morning(my own from home which went in the trash today) Then today found something on my pillow case that I stripped off last night when I got home. Overall, an old hotel/casino that still allows smoking on the casino floor. Many do just not as noticable. There is a Rendevous Tower, but not sure if it's newer or not so check this out and check the bed bug registry before you come to Atlantic City.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jynxie44
Hudson, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

We were in town for one night for a Bachelor party and needed a couple of rooms on the Boardwalk on a Saturday Night. Booked through Expedia for $ 300 including taxes and fees. We had three to a room and they charge $10 per person over two. The next closest in price was Trump tower at $350 and the rest were $400 - $500. Checked in at 3:30 with no problems and got the two double beds as requested in the Ocean Tower. The rooms were pretty dated with stains on the carpets and bed spread but overall OK. There was a mini-fridge and coffee maker. The room for the most part was clean and served it's purpose of providing a few hours sleep. If you are staying for more than a day or two or if you are trying to impress someone, I'd look somewhere else or try to get in the renovated tower. The Resorts Casino wasn't bad and I actually won some money playing VP. Drink service was spotty .

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

Been here more than a few times. Rooms are always nice and clean. Parking just 5 dollars in the garage for as long as you are staying there. Right on the boardwalk. Will always be my favorite hotel in A.C.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Mississauga
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

After reading all the negative reviews, I still went ahead and booked this hotel because of the great price I found on Hotels.com. I have stayed at many hotels, motels and inns including those of the Carribean Islands of Jamaica and Cuba and the Domenican and I must say this Hotel does not impress. Let me break down for you what you have read in the past:

Smell of Smoke: If you enter from the self park garage you will get hit with a strong stench of smoke, but only because the slots leading to the garage are smoking slots. There is a non smoking section as well.

The lobby: Very nice with lots of seating, valet on one side, epic and paramount members line separate from the rest of the check in.

Check in process: Like every other review, it was bang on. 2 attendants for 10 people in line. After a 10 hour drive from Toronto Canada the last thing I wanted was to wait another 20 min to be checked in. Well to my surprise the Manager on duty Aseem came out and served us personally. When I asked to be put in the rendevous tower (ocean delux room booked) he said "we have already done that for your sir" I was like oh thank you. When I told him we were a little hungry and if we could get something to eat he let me know that the buffet closes at 8 (too late). When I told him I just drove 10 hours to be there, I asked if he could do anything. To my amazement my wife and I were upgraded to a SUITE on the 51st floor of the rendevous tower. The room was ENORMOUS, with 2 baths walk in shower for 2, whirlpool tub, KING bed ,2 32" TVs, Fridge, Coffee Maker. Did not find the ice machine though, but there was a bucket for ice.

Room Service: If the DND is on your door then they respect that. Our housekeeper was Augustina, sweet Spanish lady who ensured that anything we needed in terms of room amenties were catered too. Plenty of towels in the room, nice LARGE fluffy towels that were big enough to wrap me. And I am a big man.

Elevators: Super fast

Parking: TIP: "GET A PLAYERS CARD FIRST" only costs you $5 and you get validated at the Valet if you self park. Lots of parking available in the inside garage. No players card = $10

Casino: You can tell that the company that took over this resorts had to let a good deal of the old staff go. A lot and I mean alot of the tables were not being used. Plenty of slots and seems that you could win some money but not huge jackpots. There is a section for "high rollers" but again not many people playing there. If your thirsty, don't hold your breath for a cocktail waitress, there were maybe 3 at a time on the floor, and not once (and we moved to different sections of the casino) were we offered a cocktail or WATER for that matter. And what's with the roaring 20's theme. The cocktail waitresses look cheap (they are pretty) but the dresses are horrible. If your going to pick a theme for your hotel then you have to give it that flair. This hotel does not have Flair. Oh, I almost forgot NO PERKS for new members, not even $5 to play in the casino.

Shows: There are some good shows at the casino. We did not catch any, but they did have free tickets for Cirque Risque, and on the 13th floor there was Divas in a man's world (a drag queen show).

Eating: Breadsticks: Good for breakfast, but unless you get there by 9:30am you will be waiting in line.

Capriccio: They had a candlelight dinner special $69 for a three course meal, but I am of Italian heritage, so I did not want Italian.

Gallagher's: Reasonably priced, again not there for Steak only

25hours Bar: Cheap miller draft $2

BUFFET:::: RUN RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!! The advertised priced on the TV screen in our room showed $19.20 for all you can eat shrimp and crab legs. When we got to the buffet Thursday night the price showing was $24.95> I said when did that change, because we just saw it on our TV screen thats why we came down, "Oh they changed the price on monday" I said well then give me Monday's price, since you are advertising it. My wife does not like when I haggle but Hey if your going to charge me more, make it work my while. WHAT A DISSAPOINTMENT. SHRIMP (cocktail shrimp, COLD). Crab Legs (Good). Rest of food.....I would have rather gone back to Atlantic City Bar and Grill and paid LESS for MORE. Dry turkey, over cooked eye of round, Creamed Spinach (seriously), Whole potatoes (not even edible, Salads with...PEPPERONI!! Do yourself a favour, hop in a cab, the jitney or bus down to the Borgata, pay $5-10 and enjoy FRESH, WHOLESOME cooked food, cooked right before your eyes. Or like I said go to Atlantic CIty Bar and Grill (one block up on your left, across from the Wyndham). AWESOME CALAMARI and Chicken Parm sandwiches.

Location: PERFECT. On the boardwalk next to the steel pier and Taj Mahal and Showboat. I thought this area was the most fun part of the pier, simply because it was so lively night and day. They have a helicopter ride that takes you up and down the coast. I think the cost is like $25( overheard).

Beach: Talked to some people who have stayed at resorts. They told me the beach was cleaned up after a heavy storm pretty much wiped out the section in front of the pier and Resorts. Sand has been pumped out and brought on to the beach. The beach is SUPER CLEAN, and you can go in the water (beware there are sea crabs, wife got pinched by one).

The Pool: The whirlpool bath in my room was bigger. What a sorry excuse for an indoor/outdoor pool. Way too small and not enough seating. Oh and the view of the ocean is not BREATHTAKING unless your 7' tall and can look over the steel railing.

Room Tip: Just ask to be bumped to the rendevous tower, you will thank me if you decide to go to the pool on t...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MrJello
Kendall, ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

We had made a reservation and pd in full for a smoking room with ocean view. Upon arriving we waited in a very long line, only to be told we were in the wrong line (no signs indicating this) and had to wait in another long line to check in. We then did get our room which was not smoking cause they said they had none available (did offer us a one king bed that was smoking and we could pay an additional 45.00 for a cot. that would not work with 2 adults 2 children). The room was on the 4th floor, ocean tower. We got off the elevator and OMG it was a horrible sight and smell. The entire floor was under construction and smelled like dirty carpet. Drywalled, half pained walls throughout. But then there was the room. We walked in and one of the two double beds was unmade, there were stains on the chair, the windows were filthy,the room was exceptionally small, no pictures or anything on the walls, a little refrigerator placed randomly in the middle of the room and the view was of dirty roof tops with pipes and smoke coming out of them. My explanation does not describe just how bad this room was. It was the most depressing and vacant feeling place I had ever been. We were ready to drive the 7 hours back home imediately if we had to stay there for one minute longer. Upon calling front desk to tell them about the unmade bed, we were told to go back down and they would switch us. We had to go back and wait endlessly in the line again as we listened to people on both sides of us complaining and then being told they could do nothing for them. When we finally got up to the desk, we explained our issues and the man said...give me one minute and when he came back we got keys for the brand new rendevous tower. Wow, this room was amazingly clean smelling and was huge and very updated. Large, large screen T.V, huge bathroom that included double sinks, seperate vanity w/chair and seperate area w/ door for the toilet. very large room and very nice. No it did not have full ocean view but did have side view but it was a worthy trade-off for that room. The only way we would go back there is if we stayed in the renevous tower. they need to demo the Ocean Tower.

Room Tip: Request the rendevous tower only
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family