I haven't been in Atlantic City since 15 years. Atlantic City has improved but there is still long way to go before it becomes an international level of tourist attraction. The city is plenty of gang members on holiday and a lot of poor people wondering around...
Resort Hotel is located conveniently on the Board Walk easily accessible from the Highway. It has been likely renovated 5-10 years ago, the furniture is recent and nice, everything seems to be modern. It is visible that the share holders have spent money on the hotel. Unfortunately the hotel is dirty. It is cleaned on regular basis but the cleaning staff is doing a very poor job. Plenty is dirt under the bed and on the furniture. The carpets are filthy.
The hotel price is a real deal compared to the other hotels.
We payed $59 for week days and $159 for Saturday.
Or rather we didn't pay, my room was free because of the trouble that we have got when we registered at our arrival.
We have visited 4 rooms and waited from 6PM to 10PM to get our room ...
Pay attention to over booking at this hotel. I have seen a many people on Saturday night being sent to a nearby Holiday Inn because the hotel was overbooked !!!
There is no wi-fi access in the rooms, we are in 2011 ... only wired internet is available for $12 per day.
The Breadsticks restaurant is pricy, about $12 per person for the breakfast but it is good.
The Gallaghers Steakhouse was just perfect thought it is pricy too. It is much better than the Safari Steakhouse at the Tajmahal.
If you are on budget, the food on the boardwalk is really good. I loved the steak cheese sandwiches. There is a Dunkin Donuts 5 min walk from the hotel.
One thing that was really stunning at Resorts hotel is the low education level of the employees from the reception to the cleaning staff. The hotel likely pays the lowest pay checks on the boardwalk thus the employees’ qualification. First I was mad on the employees then I realized that I am facing the poorest working people that usually never have the chance to get a job ...
In fact I was kicked out of a 5 star expensive Italian restaurant after having complained about a drunk homeless people taking seat at our table !!! The mob boss explained me that I don't have the right to complain and kicked us out at the Tajmahal. I realized that homeless and poor people are just part of life on the boardwalk. I got a good lesson...
If you are on budget I recommend the Resorts but the Taj is much better and also 30% more expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The fun is here! From the world-renowned sandy, white beaches to the hottest action in AC on our casino floor, Resorts is all about having fun. Resorts is home to Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville entertainment complex which include the famous Margaritaville restaurant, LandShark Bar & Grill - AC's only year-round beach bar, retail shops, new casino gaming, 5 O'Clock Somewhere Bar and more. Enjoy luxurious ocean view rooms, and indoor/outdoor pool giving you the summer feel 365 days a year, spa and salon services for men and women, award-winning dining and so much more. Resorts is the perfect place to find your fun! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Prestigia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Resorts Casino Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Atlantic City
- Resorts Casino Hotel Atlantic City
- Atlantic City Resorts Casino Hotel