“Nice hotel for travelers on budget”

Resorts Casino Hotel
Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Detroit, Michigan
“Nice hotel for travelers on budget”
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I haven't been in Atlantic City since 15 years. Atlantic City has improved but there is still long way to go before it becomes an international level of tourist attraction. The city is plenty of gang members on holiday and a lot of poor people wondering around...

Resort Hotel is located conveniently on the Board Walk easily accessible from the Highway. It has been likely renovated 5-10 years ago, the furniture is recent and nice, everything seems to be modern. It is visible that the share holders have spent money on the hotel. Unfortunately the hotel is dirty. It is cleaned on regular basis but the cleaning staff is doing a very poor job. Plenty is dirt under the bed and on the furniture. The carpets are filthy.

The hotel price is a real deal compared to the other hotels.
We payed $59 for week days and $159 for Saturday.
Or rather we didn't pay, my room was free because of the trouble that we have got when we registered at our arrival.
We have visited 4 rooms and waited from 6PM to 10PM to get our room ...

Pay attention to over booking at this hotel. I have seen a many people on Saturday night being sent to a nearby Holiday Inn because the hotel was overbooked !!!

There is no wi-fi access in the rooms, we are in 2011 ... only wired internet is available for $12 per day.

The Breadsticks restaurant is pricy, about $12 per person for the breakfast but it is good.

The Gallaghers Steakhouse was just perfect thought it is pricy too. It is much better than the Safari Steakhouse at the Tajmahal.

If you are on budget, the food on the boardwalk is really good. I loved the steak cheese sandwiches. There is a Dunkin Donuts 5 min walk from the hotel.

One thing that was really stunning at Resorts hotel is the low education level of the employees from the reception to the cleaning staff. The hotel likely pays the lowest pay checks on the boardwalk thus the employees’ qualification. First I was mad on the employees then I realized that I am facing the poorest working people that usually never have the chance to get a job ...

In fact I was kicked out of a 5 star expensive Italian restaurant after having complained about a drunk homeless people taking seat at our table !!! The mob boss explained me that I don't have the right to complain and kicked us out at the Tajmahal. I realized that homeless and poor people are just part of life on the boardwalk. I got a good lesson...

If you are on budget I recommend the Resorts but the Taj is much better and also 30% more expensive.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
21 Thank rew345

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (989)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Old Bethpage, New York
Reviewed June 8, 2011

This hotel has seen better days. The paint on the door of our room was dirty and chipped. The furniture was also old and chipped and there was a cigarette burn on the bedspread. Rust around the sink and bathtub. Rust on the poles of the signs holding up the name of the hotel.

On the positive side, the buffet was excellent. We saw two great and reasonably priced shows. In spite of the obvious wear and tear on the facilities, the room was otherwise clean.

We probably will not be staying hear again if we come back to Atlantic City.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
25 Thank Ruth11804
Galloway, New Jersey
Reviewed June 6, 2011

I can only guess the comments below are from competing hotels since the new resorts is Renovating all the older Ocean tower rooms & the Rendezvou towers rooms are awesome. the whole place is changing and its awesome, prices are even better!!!!

the new bar they have is beautiful and the rest is great, new employees seemed super nice, had a great memorial day weekend!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
32 Thank falafelmuncher
philadelphia
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I had every intention of having a great stay at the Resorts Casino until I saw our room. I asked for a non-smoking room, which I was accommodated with. I just didn't know how recent it became a non-smoking room. It smelled as if someone had smoked in the room for years, and recently called it quits. There were cigarette burn marks on the end tables. There were stains on many places on the carpet. There were stains all over the seats. There were rust stains on the lamps. There was a piece of dry rice on the wall that looked as if someone had a food fight, and the walls weren't completely cleaned. And last, but not least, when I got there on Friday night , I observed the dining table which had a piece of paper, cups, a coffee maker, and packets of coffee on it. When I woke up in the morning, those same items were on the table, but in addition there was a mouse dropping. Need I say more...

Room Tip: Best room tips: stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
28 Thank jiffysnuff
Bayside, New York
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Stayed at the Resorts on a Saturday night in May as it was one of the cheapest hotels on the boardwalk and because the show we were attending was at the Resorts.

We stayed in the Ocean Tower with a view of the boardwalk, which was a plus. The room seemed a little old and outdated.. We asked for 2 beds thinking we would have 2 queen beds, but they were 2 twins. Bathroom was of decent size and did not look outdated like the room. TV was pretty old and small. Beds were comfy although they lacked a few pillows

Staff was very friendly from check-in to check-out, including 3 trips by staff to our room - one for the lack of pillow, one to deliver a crib we requested, and one to fix a problem with the TV. All 3X staff came very quickly.

The casino... pretty lacking in table games (just one area), and slots above 25 cents. I'm not a high roller by any stretch of the imagination, but it would be nice to have a good mix of penny, 25 cent, 50 cent and a dollar slots. It seemed like they were penny, nickel, and a quarter only.

All you can eat buffet was ok.. A decent variety but have seen a bigger choice in many different casinos. And the dining space for the buffet made you feel like you were eating at a prison dining hall. Very mundane and dreery.

Other food options in the casino were pretty decent actually from what we saw..

Outside the Resorts, you have the pier with games and rides, which is a plus, but too many shady characters around the boardwalk these days.

And they charged $10 for parking even as a guest. Not good.

Given an option, would probably look to stay elsewhere in AC next time.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
27 Thank petertom25
Rochester, New York
Reviewed May 25, 2011

We booked this hotel for a long weekend trip - then I read the reviews! Was I scared to check in! We found the hotel great - the rooms were large, very well kept up, clean. Found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. Not sure where the other reviewers stayed, we were in the Rendevouz Tower - maybe that made the difference in service. I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
29 Thank Kathy S
New York, NY
Reviewed May 17, 2011

I booked the Resorts because of a concert that I was attending there that is why I decided to stay at this hotel otherwise I would have stayed at the Taj. I didn't think it was going to be so horrible in there. I will never again stay at this hotel. I usually stay at the Taj which is a 100 times better than the Resorts. First of all I spent way too much money on a basic room that was soooo gross. I did not expect this at all. The first room we got was gross, mold in the bathroom, the vents had pounds of dust on it, the windows were coming off of the hinges, dirty carpets, windows covered with duct tape, the fridge was in the closet, and there was stale water in the fridge, no coffee pots, no hair dryers, no glass drinking cup, they gave us plastic cups. I have never stayed in a hotel room without these amenities. I went to the lobby where they switched the room for me and gave me a so called "better one" but still it was nasty inside. I was going to switch hotels entirely but everyone was booked. The second room did not have a coffee pot, no hair dryer, poop stains on the lid of the toilet, mold in the bathroom, no towels, bad smell coming from the vents outside, could not sleep because of the vent noise outside, stained carpets, furniture coming apart, I can go on and on. The rooms are extremely outdated. The appearance on the floors are such a turn off because they are renovating. I mean it was horrible. Do not stay here. Ohh and I was at the Spa which was also very nasty. I felt like I was at a women's center or the ymca or something, it was soo gross, mold all over the place. Before entering the steam room at the spa, the ceiling caved in, imagine I was in there or someone was in there. The only good thing is the Boogie Night club and Cappricio's Restaurant, thats it.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends