“Very uncomfortable stay”

Resorts Casino Hotel
Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I had every intention of having a great stay at the Resorts Casino until I saw our room. I asked for a non-smoking room, which I was accommodated with. I just didn't know how recent it became a non-smoking room. It smelled as if someone had smoked in the room for years, and recently called it quits. There were cigarette burn marks on the end tables. There were stains on many places on the carpet. There were stains all over the seats. There were rust stains on the lamps. There was a piece of dry rice on the wall that looked as if someone had a food fight, and the walls weren't completely cleaned. And last, but not least, when I got there on Friday night , I observed the dining table which had a piece of paper, cups, a coffee maker, and packets of coffee on it. When I woke up in the morning, those same items were on the table, but in addition there was a mouse dropping. Need I say more...

Room Tip: Best room tips: stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
28  Thank jiffysnuff
There are newer reviews for Resorts Casino Hotel

Reviewed May 29, 2011

Stayed at the Resorts on a Saturday night in May as it was one of the cheapest hotels on the boardwalk and because the show we were attending was at the Resorts.

We stayed in the Ocean Tower with a view of the boardwalk, which was a plus. The room seemed a little old and outdated.. We asked for 2 beds thinking we would have 2 queen beds, but they were 2 twins. Bathroom was of decent size and did not look outdated like the room. TV was pretty old and small. Beds were comfy although they lacked a few pillows

Staff was very friendly from check-in to check-out, including 3 trips by staff to our room - one for the lack of pillow, one to deliver a crib we requested, and one to fix a problem with the TV. All 3X staff came very quickly.

The casino... pretty lacking in table games (just one area), and slots above 25 cents. I'm not a high roller by any stretch of the imagination, but it would be nice to have a good mix of penny, 25 cent, 50 cent and a dollar slots. It seemed like they were penny, nickel, and a quarter only.

All you can eat buffet was ok.. A decent variety but have seen a bigger choice in many different casinos. And the dining space for the buffet made you feel like you were eating at a prison dining hall. Very mundane and dreery.

Other food options in the casino were pretty decent actually from what we saw..

Outside the Resorts, you have the pier with games and rides, which is a plus, but too many shady characters around the boardwalk these days.

And they charged $10 for parking even as a guest. Not good.

Given an option, would probably look to stay elsewhere in AC next time.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
27  Thank petertom25
Reviewed May 25, 2011

We booked this hotel for a long weekend trip - then I read the reviews! Was I scared to check in! We found the hotel great - the rooms were large, very well kept up, clean. Found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. Not sure where the other reviewers stayed, we were in the Rendevouz Tower - maybe that made the difference in service. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
29  Thank Kathy S
Reviewed May 17, 2011

I booked the Resorts because of a concert that I was attending there that is why I decided to stay at this hotel otherwise I would have stayed at the Taj. I didn't think it was going to be so horrible in there. I will never again stay at this hotel. I usually stay at the Taj which is a 100 times better than the Resorts. First of all I spent way too much money on a basic room that was soooo gross. I did not expect this at all. The first room we got was gross, mold in the bathroom, the vents had pounds of dust on it, the windows were coming off of the hinges, dirty carpets, windows covered with duct tape, the fridge was in the closet, and there was stale water in the fridge, no coffee pots, no hair dryers, no glass drinking cup, they gave us plastic cups. I have never stayed in a hotel room without these amenities. I went to the lobby where they switched the room for me and gave me a so called "better one" but still it was nasty inside. I was going to switch hotels entirely but everyone was booked. The second room did not have a coffee pot, no hair dryer, poop stains on the lid of the toilet, mold in the bathroom, no towels, bad smell coming from the vents outside, could not sleep because of the vent noise outside, stained carpets, furniture coming apart, I can go on and on. The rooms are extremely outdated. The appearance on the floors are such a turn off because they are renovating. I mean it was horrible. Do not stay here. Ohh and I was at the Spa which was also very nasty. I felt like I was at a women's center or the ymca or something, it was soo gross, mold all over the place. Before entering the steam room at the spa, the ceiling caved in, imagine I was in there or someone was in there. The only good thing is the Boogie Night club and Cappricio's Restaurant, thats it.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
28  Thank savvyedu
Reviewed May 14, 2011

What kind of hotel policy is to "knock twice then enter" the room? Resorts is. And when there's four females sleeping at quarter of one in the morning, that policy becomes unsafe. Had the latch/bolt not been engaged, there would have been a male hotel employee offering us handtowels in our room at 12:45 am. Really??? Super unsafe. Plus, bedbugs. EEW. True, we could check in a bit early, into our non-smoking room that smelled like cigarettes, and it is right on the boardwalk, but the mattresses are about as soft as granite. Good luck sleeping. You'll need it.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
25  Thank kerryannsp
Reviewed May 12, 2011

The staff at the front desk were quite friendly and allowed us to check in early. Our smoke free room smelled like stale cigarettes, the beds were hard as rock and I am pretty sure that my friend was bitten by bed bugs during our stay. The worst part of our stay was when a member of the hotel staff walked into our room in the middle of the night. We were awoken by a loud knock on our door around 12:45. As we approached the door to see who was there, we were horrified to see it had been opened. To a strange man delivering hand towels. Thankfully we had closed the bolt on the door that prevents it from being opened all of the way. No one slept for the remainder of the evening due to fear. When I went to complain to a member of management the response I got was, "Our policy is to knock twice and then enter the room". They did give us a credit for breakfast at the hotel restaurant. The problem I had was that the they seemed to think it was okay for a man to be delivering hand towels and entering guests rooms in the middle of the night. It doesn't matter if they are male or female, no staff members should be entering guests rooms in the middle of the night.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
27  Thank carrisEs
Reviewed May 1, 2011

This is a decent hotel/casino in Atlantic City, but the punishing, rock-hard mattress puts it on my "Never Again" list. Essentially, if you find it uncomfortable to sleep on the floor, you'll find it uncomfortable here. It's too bad, really, since the room itself, in the Rendezvous Tower, was pleasant: tastefully furnished; great, marbelized two-person shower; two bathroom sinks plus a chair/vanity for the lady; big, state-of-the-art TV. In addition, the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful.

I read another review of Resorts (after staying), in which the hotel's response to the complaint of rock-hard mattresses was, "Yes, we get a lot of complaints about the mattresses."

Why not fix the problem?

Room Tip: Trump Plaza in AC has more comfortable beds.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo