“BEDBUGS”

Resorts Casino Hotel
Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed April 20, 2011

The room was quite big however judging from the ancient carpet and peeling wallpaper I advised my husband not to unpack because of "bedbugs" jokingly. Needless to say we were both awakened with unrelenting itching that morning. As my husband pulled back the sheets lo and behold a BEDBUG was crawling across the sheets. We immediately jumped out of bed and called Guest services, who were NOT answering. My husband with his quick thinking grabbed a cup and captured the bedbug so we would have it as proof. Called Guest services again no answer, called the front desk no answer finally we called the switchboard who directed us to hotel security . They advised us a supervisor would be up to our room.......1 hour later I had showered and dressed and had to go down to the front desk personally to get assistance. Then the Security ( Connie) proceeded to go up to the room, take statements from us then retrieve the bedbug. The room was changed( another with an ancient tv). That was it we didnt want to create a stir as this was my birthday weekend so we figured some sort of gesture for the incident would occur, NOTHING! No formal apology, nothing! STAY AWAY!!!!!! We are not even unpacking until our suitcases are fumigated! UGH!

4  Thank vstevens217
Write a ReviewReviews (4,007)

Reviewed April 12, 2011

I have had two reservations through hotwire. Both times the reservation was lost and the "procedures" routine by the manager. What a joke. Less than mediocre hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Sharpspas
Reviewed April 10, 2011

Contrary to some reviewers I had a wonderful time at Resorts in Atlantic City. When my wife and I checked in there was a line but we just checked our luggage at the bellstand and came back an hour later when it took only 5 minutes to check-in. I don't get why people wait in line when check in is suppose to only start at 4:00pm.

The room although somewhat outdated was fresh and clean. The housekeeper Jean greated us as she was cleanning another room and she was genuily happy to see us. We needed more towels so we went back and asked her and she called for us and within 30 minutes the towels were in our room.

We had dinner at the italian restaurant Caprice (sorry don't remember the exact name) and it was awesome. One of the best steaks I have had and much less expensive than Gallagaher's if I may say so.

We had a drink after that at Boogie Nights... so much fun and finished a very romantic evening with a stroll on the Boardwalk.

Every staff we encountered was polite, happy to see us and we can feel the difference from just a few months back. I guess if yo have not been here before and you compare this hotel to the $450 a night at the Borgata you will be dissapointed for now but I am redy to bet that by summer time this palce will be just as good with the friendliest staff arounf Atlantic City.

Room Tip: Never been disspointed
3  Thank debtnurse
Reviewed April 5, 2011

One of the cheaper ones on the boardwalk which was shown through our outdated bathroom but the room was big & clean and the staff was very friendly.

Self parking is $5 unless you have one of their member cards, then it;s free

AC Bar & Restaurant was within walking distance & I would recommend that, too.

1  Thank stellakitty
Reviewed April 3, 2011

Just returned from an overnight to Atlantic City. Chose Resorts because we had gone down to see Randy Travis in Resorts Theater. Requested non-smoking room- was put into a smoking room that was covered in cigarette burns, stained furniture and bedding and reaked of smoke. Upon request, we were switched to a non-smoking room, which, surprisingly was also full of cigarette burnt furniture and bedding (not nearly as bad as first room- as hotel was booked, we accepted this room- at least it did not smell of smoke!). Had to call for towels- there were none, had to call for hair dryer- which came an hour later after my wife's hair had already dried on its own. I would not expect this type of accomodation in a Motel 6, much less a destination Casino Hotel. Left with not only a bad taste for Resorts, but Atlantic City in general. This should not be in a $230 hotel room.

Room Tip: Book in another hotel!!!!
3  Thank KMW1234
Reviewed April 1, 2011

Ive never seen a place so filthy. Management is so rude its appauling.

• Stayed: December 2010
2  Thank TheresaD177
Reviewed March 27, 2011

I have to admit after reading some of the previous reviews about Resorts I was nervous - to the point of bringing my own towels & sheets. At check-in I was a bit miffed because there was one person checking people in - on a Friday night. It wasn't too long of a wait and she was working as well as she could. I was given room 966.
The carpet in the hallway is outdated but in good shape and the doors to rooms definitely need to be updated. My room (966) was fine. The sheets were clean, all of the lights worked, the floor was clean/vaccumed. The bathroom was clean and there were 2 towels,etc. The knobs (in the shower to turn on the water) are outdated. However the bathroom was clean, stocked and had plenty of hot water. No fan to vent the bathroom though.
Boogie Nights (a club that plays 70s
& 80s music) was awesome! Pricey, but worth it.
I ate at Breadsticks (the diner type restaurant in Resorts) twice and the food was good.
If you get the chance to go to the Tropicana you must visit Red Square Vodka Bar. Take $ $ $. Each Martini I had was $12.50 each. The atmosphere was incredible and well worth the price of the drinks. There is a refridgerated Vodka 'room' and if you buy a bottle of Vodka they will chill it for you. The cheapest bottle the bar offered when I was there was $200.00.

I would happily return to Resorts
again.