“A place everyone should try”

Gilchrist Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 395 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Elyria, Ohio
“A place everyone should try”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

Having just come back from a winter weekend in Atlantic City I too must recommend this restaurant to anyone who goes there. We (wife & I) went there for breakfast early & were seated right away. If they have the crab omelet on he daily special don't pass it up for you'll be missing one terrific meal. Even in winter the locals will fill the place for the food is so good. But take the time to wait its worth it.

• Visited January 2014

Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Best blueberry pancakes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Nice location in inlet. Owner is always there. Quick service. Pancakes are out of this World. It gets a little crowded for me in the summer...but that means its good!

Baltimore, Maryland
“A little gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

Found this restaurant by asking Siri for best pancakes in Atlantic City!
Food was delicious, coffee was hot and we will def go back.
Owners, a mother and son, were very nice. Gorgeous views from the deck of the water.

I had Greek Omelet and it was really good. One of the girls in my party had the peach pancakes and said they were very good.

I would definitly recommend Gilchrist Restaurant!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank jillybeanbikes
Mesquite, Nevada
“Super Hotcakes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

This is a small restaurant that is hard to find but worth the trip. We ate ate Perkins for breakfast the day before and it was very good, but the hotcakes here stole the show. I got ham and eggs with the pancakes, so I was very filled! Next time just the panacakes.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank colonialmist
New Providence, New Jersey
“Little gem in Atlantic City”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

My friends and I decided to come here instead of going to one of the buffets in the casinos and we were quite happy with this decision. It was winter and therefore we chose not to sit outside (they have heating lamps though but we could still see our breath). However, I think in summer time, sitting outside would be quite nice as you can see the water, crab/lobster cages and perhaps hear the seagulls. The food was comforting. I enjoyed the Jersey-special recommended by the waitress - pork roll. It tasted good (like Canadian bacon).

I would come back here again. This is the place to go if you want to be far away from the hustle-bustle of Atlantic city and want a moment of quietness to yourself.

• Visited December 2013