“A Happy Hour Spent”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Jitney and NJ Transit
Description: For authentic Italian food like Mama used to make spend an evening at Patsy's Trattoria enjoying the fresh, home-style flavors that Patsy's is famous for. Your taste buds will delight in the freshest flavors of our Margherita Pizza and Tuscan Focaccia. Enjoy our "family style" menu or bring your friends to enjoy dishes such as Clams Casino, Crisp Caesar Salad, Grilled Sausage Jabot, Penne alla Vodka or Chicken Saltimbocca. Be sure to try a coffee drink or dessert! Savor mouth-watering Italian cuisine at prices that makes The Atlantic Club Casino dining experience the best value in the city.
Reviewed December 8, 2013

My cousin recommended this place as a “Go-To” Happy Hour establishment for half price appetizers and martinis. The featured Belvedere martinis were $5 which was a great deal. They not only were filled to the brim but the skewered olives were draped across the rim of the glass, not taking up any precious volume of the drink. We got them dirty and taste wise they were average. I would have liked more chill to the drink and more olive juice.

For appetizers we went with the Clams Casino (5.50), Classic Antipasto ($6), Fried Calamari ($5) and Mussels Marinara ($5). The Clams Casino was littleneck clams stuffed with pimentos, sweet onions and bacon, broiled until crisp. They get an outstanding. The Classic Antipasto included Genoa salami, fresh mozzarella, aged provolone, and roasted red peppers, served with assorted olives. It was very good. The Fried Calamari was listed as crispy and tender calamari served golden brown with their special marinara sauce. They were average and the sauce was less than average. The Mussels Marinara featured fresh Atlantic coast mussels, sautéed with garlic, white wine, fresh herbs and finished in butter. They were average. After spending an hour here we headed back to the Tropicana for dinner.

Total tab for the drinks was $22 with $8 tip = $30. Total tab for the appetizers were $23 with a $5 tip = $28.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Decided to go to Patsy's for couple of reasons. Reputation from the one in NYC, and it was within walking distance from our friends house in Ventnor (was a nice night for a walk on the boards).

Food was OK. I thought it was a bit salty.
Service was actually pretty good. Wait staff was friendly, made good recommendations.
Prices (for AC standards) are very reasonable.
Was not crowded at all. Which is a refection of the issues the Atlantic Club is having.
Meal did come with a $10 slot coupon (promotion they had going on). We gave ours away.

The one thing that was a turn off for me was walking in from the Boardwalk I was hit by a wall of smoke. Even though the escalators were right there to go up to the restaurant it wasn't a good first impression.

Not sure how they have their smoking sections set up at the Atlantic Club, but was a big negative for me. The Borgata does a much better job of keeping the smokers and smoke in a more contained area.

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I've been to the Patsy's in NY a couple years ago and when we went to AC we decided to check out the outpost. Sadly it did not live up to expectations.

The Atlantic Club is really trying to be an affordable casino and hotel option, which I admire, but I think it has affected its restaurant quality. We decided to sit and eat at the bar as it was happy hour with discounted drinks and apps. I had no problem getting a $3 beer but as the bartenders don't take food orders we had to wait 30+ minutes to be given bread and then another 15 minutes to be able to place an order. We had been given menus right away and they were closed so no reason why it took forever. The fried mozzarella and calamari were fine, nothing special but not bad.

Sadly I couldn't say the same about my entree or service. The service at the bar was almost bizarre and completely inattentive. I had to ask multiple times for my water glass to be refilled, I asked for a drink two or three times before actually being supplied with one and empties were just left in front of us.

Overall I don't think I will be coming back to Patsy's. While the prices were decent, especially with the happy hour specials, substandard food and service won't cut it when there's many other better Italian restaurants within a mile from here.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stayed at the Atlantic Club in the spring and was given $50 for food at which I had to spend $25 for dinner. This was the only specialty restaurant open. It was empty on a Wednesday nigt- By 8 pm I was the only one eating there. I ordered eggplant parma and lasagna. the eggplant was quite good but I could not finish either dish i was so full. I left my hat there and being I wa sthe last person eating there- I realized i left it there. But when I went back around 9 pm they were closed and I checked the front desk to see if they handed it in. This was a hand knitted hat i made myself and I could mot believe why they didnt hand it to the front desk. So they were discourteous and the food was ok not excellent and overpriced. I would not eat there again if I had other choices.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I have been dining at Patsy's for years and the food was always exceptional even through the numerous ownership changes that the casino went through. When the Atlantic City Hilton lost their license, they became the ACH while they decided on a name and a new marketing strategy. The casino resort became the rebranded Atlantic Club.

Having three separate million dollar restaurants in the property was a significant advantage as the hard costs in the kitchens and hardware were already in place. They had the opportunity to capitalize on this fact. Instead they went in a different direction. They reduced the price of the menu items and a restaurant then has a choice, they can absorb the higher food costs or they have to use lower quality food items and also use prepackaged and precooked items.

The menu prices are lower but the food quality is substantially lower. There are some deals on Happy Hour, but again you get what you pay for.

What disturbed me most about Patsy's which I had been saying for a year was that the sauces and recipes were not Patsy's. This is misrepresentation and unacceptable and the casino should have renamed the restaurant. Instead, they licensed the use of the name Patsy's of New York and claim by adding Trattatoria, that they could defer from using the Patsy's recipes. They advertise "Just like Mama used to make" but the food is not made fresh on the premises but purchased elsewhere.

While some customers will appreciate the price point of the restaurant's menu items, you get what you pay for and there are other restaurants in the city that offer half price Happy Hours with better quality food.

From a service point, the last few times have been extremely disappointing. Some of these servers have been with the restaurant for over 30 years and when the friendliness and energy are gone, the customer service during the meal don't exist, it is time to consider a new line of work.

On three separate occasions we were not asked how our meals were. Sodas were ordered and served in a six ounce glass. What should have been an automatic refill without asking never happened. Finding out whether we enjoyed our meals was never asked, even when we were asked whether we wanted dessert or coffee. We find it baffling when servers don't do their basic skills in a coffee shop and the expectation is much higher in a gourmet room.

We do not recommend Patsy's of New York "Trattoria" under the current circumstances and the misrepresentation going on at the restaurant. Dishonesty does not service the customers or the employees. There are so many other Italian choices in Atlantic City that we can suggest, so drop us an email or check our reviews as we continue to post. They also have a small menu featuring four steaks from the old Simon's AC Steak restaurant which is currently under renovation. I ordered a 14 oz. Rib Eye and about 20% of the steak was grizzle and I have had better steaks off the shelf from Walmart.

For a taste of what Patsy's should taste like, visit the New York City location which is featured in the photo of the review when you search Italian restaurants in Atlantic City. The sauces are incredible and can be purchased by the jar as well.

There is a current promotion going on where if you spend $25 on dinner at Patsy's or Ono's, the two gourmet rooms at the Atlantic Club, they will give you $10 in free slot play but for food quality, you get what you pay for.