“Awesome! ”

Ranked #11 of 408 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N. New Hampshire Ave.
Description: Southern inspired cuisine with a touch of Soul. If your looking for a home cooked meal look no further Kelsey & Kim's is the place.
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Wow I hears about this place on the Boardwalk so I decided to give it a try. My husband and I arrived about 45 minutes ago to good smells and we were not disappointed. I am writing this review as I am sitting here patting my stomach lol. I ordered the pulled Brisket Sandwich and hubby ordered catfish, collard greens, and sweet potatoes. We both had sweet tea to drink. Omg the food was EXCELLENT! This was literally the best meal I've EVER eaten in a restaurant. This food wasn't anything like food in chain restaurants. I tasted my husband's food as well and wow, his was excellent too. The staff was also very friendly as is the atmosphere. I think my only issue (and it's not really an issue) is they don't have any outside seating. On a nice day like today, I would have liked to sit outside under an umbrella and eat. I have another week here in AC and I can guarantee we will come back here and eat at least 4 times before going back home!

1  Thank Annayet23

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Outstanding from start to finish, we are so glad we happened upon this restaurant. Our server was polite and very efficient.
We began with an 3 choice appetizer which included a mexican burrito, fish taco and coconut shrimp. The appetizer was beautifully presented and very good.
Our platters consisted of broiled crab cakes for one and fried catfish for the other. Our side dishes (including a small salad to start) were macaroni and cheese, string beans and collard greens.
The crab cakes had a very good flavor and not full of fillers. The catfish had the lightest breaded and melted in my mouth. The macaroni was very cheesy and not too bad. The side dish stars of the meal were the string beans and collard greens both cooked with ham.
We could not finish our meals, there was so much food. Our neighboring table chuckled at us, as they had been there before and knew of the generous portions.
The entire meal was well priced, well presented, well served and magnificently prepared.
We would not hesitate to come to the restaurant again.

1  Thank Amy F
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We went with the intention of eating down home southern cooking.The staff made us wait to be seated even though there were tables open.I and my friends are openly LGBT and sat and waited for a drink order to be taken for 30 minutes among grumbles and dirty looks.All of the awkwardness would have been worth it if the food was good, but I guess we will never know as we walked out.

2  Thank criticalchef
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Great food, my husband. mother in law and I came in last weekend, we kept searching for an IHOP, then my cousin mentioned this place, I knew when I walked in the decor, the friendly staff, I was ging to eat some good food, not to metion the aroma from the kitchen. Our waiter Jacob was great, I recommend this place. Very very good, if you loking for some good southern food.

3  Thank Nakeishan0803
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Great food. Had breakfast there. Fantastic hash browns. We were going to go back for dinner, but the day got away from us. We were told by another guest that their collard greens were "to die for".

2  Thank Les S