“Great Chicken and Waffles”

Kelsey & Kim's Southern Cafe
Ranked #10 of 407 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N. New Hampshire Ave.
Description: Southern inspired cuisine with a touch of Soul. If your looking for a home cooked meal look no further Kelsey & Kim's is the place.
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stopped at Kelsey and Kim's for brunch on the way home from Atlantic City. We heard about the place and wanted to try their chicken and waffles. The fried chicken wings were really great and the waffles were malty, crispy and delicious. For a beverage we had their uptown soft drink which is a mixture of fresh brewed ice tea and lemonade, which was very good and refreshing. All in all, it was a great meal and experience as the atmosphere is comfortable and the staff are friendly. If you are looking for great chicken and waffles or some great southern cooking, this is the place.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

What an amazing experience we had! When checking out places to go in Atlantic City, we came across this popular local restaurant with excellent reviews, but we were not in the mood for this type of food and did not know this neighborhood at all. My wife suggested we take a ride over there just to check out where it was located and expand our AC horizons. When we arrived we discovered it is is a nice neighborhood--right next to the inlet and near the AC Aquarium, but we were caught off guard as we were pulled through the door of the restaurant as if we were grabbed by an other-worldly force.

Our waitress (Karen - very friendly and attentive) suggested we try the cornbread--we like cornbread, but it usually is not anything to get excited about. This cornbread is like no other! You must try it. All of the other dishes were exemplary, the fried chicken:crisp and flavorful, the pork trotters cooked perfectly, and the sides were excellent, especially the red smashed potatoes which I ordered and my wife loved. Notable were also the collard greens, which were the best I have ever had (and we have tried some in pretty authentic places in the South).

The meal was incredibly filling and satisfying. Our only regret was there was no room left for the incredible looking deserts.

Be sure to add this one to your next visit to Atlantic City!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

This was a feast for a King or Queen! I had the smoothered Fried Chicken with BlackEyePea's and Rice with Candied yams! WOW! What a feast; Next Night Seadood Feast and the crab Cakes along with the Whiting Fish was a SMASH! Finally; Today on my way out I picked up a Red Velvet cake OwwEEE! Also Breakfast and as a Muslim I don't eat pork... No Worry... All sausage and bacon were Turkey! You Are The Beat Food Beat in AC...Kelsey's and Kim! Abdul will return! (Can you put one in my nighborhood?) LOL!

2  Thank MichaelRossi51
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Rarely do I remember or find the time to write a review for the places that I visit, however I made it my mission to speak about Kelsey & Kim's as soon as I could. The food was excellent, the decor & dining music was peaceful!!!! I'm from Philadelphia and I honestly cannot remember the last time I have had amazing southern food from a cafe. Based on the other reviews we tried to sample as much as we could without appearing too greedy. Smothered Turkey Chops, Fried Whiting, Greens, Mac & Cheese, Mashed Potatoes w/ Gravy, Fried White Meat Chicken & Waffles....all delicious. Could not leave A.C. the next day without getting more of Kelsey's to go...more smothered turkey chops, liver & onions, greens (extra sides), mac & cheese, and fried chicken wings...No matter how many well known chain restaurants you visit while in A.C....it is a must that you eat at Kelsey & Kim's. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank RinaReen
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very nice restaurant with a great selection of southern food. Breads - cornbread and rolls were excellent, served warm after we ordered. Fried chicked was flavorful and the pulled prk sandwick was very good even if they had run out of rolls; also were out of collard greens which a couple of us had wanted to order. Ribs were a hit as well. The waiter was excellent in every way. The only complaint was that on a cold winter's day the temperatire inside was not much warmer than outside! Wonderful looking desserts even if we did order any.