“Amazing!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Brighton Avenue
Description: Been in business 28 yrs. Featuring Italian American Cusine. One block from Tropicana and The Quarter. Family Owned. Upscale Italian American white table cloth restaurant . PLEASE upscale casual dress.... no tee shirts, graffiti tees, cut off, beachwear,Male tank tops.
Reviewed March 29, 2013

While planning a few days getaway to AC, we were on line looking for a great restaurant that wasn't part of a Casino hotel. We came across Café 2825 and the reviews sound great, so we called for a reservation. Small restaurant..intimate..felt family owned, what we were looking for. All we can say is...the best Italian restaurant...EVER. I wanted something that wasn't on the menu....lasagna.....the chef made it for me anyway...and it was delicious. As a matter of fact, the best lasagna I have ever had. The chef makes the ricotta cheese...so smooth..so creamy, not heavy..just delicious. The bread is brought in from NYC daily and is to die for. We wanted to purchase the bread to take home with us, and the waitress was reluctant...the chef only buys enough daily for their evening service. We were VERY glad they had a little extra and we bought a 20" or so loaf for only $5. Crazy. I would have paid $20 easily. Service was fantastic, food out of this world. We found our best little restaurant in AC and will definitely be back. Awesome. Oh..and by the way...the prices are crazy low compared to anywhere else in AC. Just a bonus! I am 90% sure am going to have dreams about this restaurant....nope, I am 100% sure I will.

2  Thank Deanie G
There are newer reviews for Cafe 2825

Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

My fiance and I eat out often so the title says a lot. First, we had reservations at 8pm and were running late so I called and there was no issue pushing it back a half hour. We took a cab and upon arrival it didn't look like much from outside. Once inside we were pleasantly surprised. Elegant and intimate, I would describe it, with a nice bar as you walk in. We were seated immediately and looked over the menu which has an impressive variety of dishes. So different that we shared two appetizers, a salad, one entree, and three desserts! We had asparagus parm and the whole artichoke apps. Asparagus was great, never had it fried before. Also, I've never even heard of the whole artichoke idea or the special way to eat them but it was amazing! They even made it to order because my fiance didn't like the original ingredients. I'm sure the original is even better. We then had the meatball salad, yes, you are reading this right, meatball salad. I did not see it coming but the combination was delectable! We shared the pasta bolognese entree which they split and served us on separate plates, for no extra charge I might add. Finally, because we loved everything so far and the dessert list sounded so great, we ordered 3 dessert portions. And by that I mean a half portion of tiramisu, small piece of cheese cake, and half of a cannoli! They accommodated us in every way, even called us a cab. If that wasn't enough, the owner came out to ask us how everything was and, maybe just because we were so enthused, he ended up talking with us for a bit. I could go on but I think you got the point. Go now!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We have been several times and it has always been a great meal with excellent service! The owners are usually there and so pleasant! Would definitely recommend going to anyone who wants good non-chain italian food!

Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Great food and great staff! Always a great experience. Joe always make us feel bloke family. The atmosphere is excellent and the staff is always on point. I have nothing negative to say. My first stop every time we come to Do AC.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

recently had dinnerat cafe 2825. The service was great. The stuffed artichoke was the best I had in a long time. The veal chop was excellent tender and moist. I would go back and dine there