“Very Noisy...”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Formerly known as Umbria
“Very Noisy...”
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

When I went to eat there I was not expecting not to be able to have a conversation. The restaurant is very loud and it's very tough to enjoy yourself or the company your with when you can't hear. The food was a little above average for Fine dining, nothing made me go wow I need to come back here. I was not really that impressed with this restaurant. I may give them another try but it will be in some time.

Charleston, South Carolina
“nice meal”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

make sure to have reservations. our waiters have been very helpful when explaining their various offerings. have gone there various times, and everyone seems to enjoy their meals.

Visited October 2013
mays landing, nj
“Fabulous Fornelletto”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is one of our favorite spots to eat. It looks like a wine celler and the soft lighting gives it a romantic warmth. We began our meal with buffalo mozzarella accompanied with eggplant capanata. They make their own and it is like no other. Sergio, our attentive waiter, brought the bread and we enjoyed it with some olive oil on the table. Next came veal parm which was melt in your mouth delicious. We topped this off with pumpkin crème brullee, which we shared. Everything was perfecto! My husband had 2 coronas and I had fabulous2 lemondrop martinis. The bill came to $122 and it was worth every penny.

• Visited October 2013
Fairview, NJ
“Delicious, authentic Italian food.”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I was impressed with the menu and wine list. The fried artichokes and spaghetti carbonara were delicious!

Visited October 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
“Bring Cotton Balls If You Come”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This restaurant is so loud it will make you bleed from your ears. Unbelievably loud. There is not a soft surface to be found. It is downstairs at the Borgata, down a narrow stairway. Tile floor. Tight tables. Low ceiling. And the wine "cellar" is in bins around the restaurant walls that are enclosed with plexiglass, or the like. My wife and I have eaten there twice. You literally could not hear the other person speak across the small table. Most of our limited dinner conversation was punctuated by "What? Sorry, I can't hear you." It was awful. I can't really comment on the food, either time, because our only thought was "Let's finish and get out of here." Why did we go back a second time? Well, not really sure, except that it had been a number of years between the two visits. There definitely won't be a third time! One of of most unpleasant dining experiences ever!

• Visited October 2012