“Fabulous Fornelletto”

Description: Formerly known as Umbria
mays landing, nj
“Fabulous Fornelletto”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is one of our favorite spots to eat. It looks like a wine celler and the soft lighting gives it a romantic warmth. We began our meal with buffalo mozzarella accompanied with eggplant capanata. They make their own and it is like no other. Sergio, our attentive waiter, brought the bread and we enjoyed it with some olive oil on the table. Next came veal parm which was melt in your mouth delicious. We topped this off with pumpkin crème brullee, which we shared. Everything was perfecto! My husband had 2 coronas and I had fabulous2 lemondrop martinis. The bill came to $122 and it was worth every penny.

• Visited October 2013

Fairview, NJ
“Delicious, authentic Italian food.”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I was impressed with the menu and wine list. The fried artichokes and spaghetti carbonara were delicious!

Visited October 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
“Bring Cotton Balls If You Come”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This restaurant is so loud it will make you bleed from your ears. Unbelievably loud. There is not a soft surface to be found. It is downstairs at the Borgata, down a narrow stairway. Tile floor. Tight tables. Low ceiling. And the wine "cellar" is in bins around the restaurant walls that are enclosed with plexiglass, or the like. My wife and I have eaten there twice. You literally could not hear the other person speak across the small table. Most of our limited dinner conversation was punctuated by "What? Sorry, I can't hear you." It was awful. I can't really comment on the food, either time, because our only thought was "Let's finish and get out of here." Why did we go back a second time? Well, not really sure, except that it had been a number of years between the two visits. There definitely won't be a third time! One of of most unpleasant dining experiences ever!

• Visited October 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Wine down Wednesday”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The bar area was packed, so we sat at a small table in the back. I have recommended this place countless times, and I consider it one of my favorite Restaurants! The 9th Street Chopped salad is SO delicious, and the pizza usually never disappoints. I don't know if it was an off night, or maybe due to the wine down Wednesday specials in the front of the house, but I must say it was a very unpleasant dining experience. Our waiter, Jeff, was so rude, he told us that "we were only ordering appetizers" - whatever that meant. We also had pizza and wine. Anyway, the chopped salad was good, but the pizza must've been sitting for awhile. There was a nice older couple sitting next to us, that made the dining experience tolerable. I will go back - but will try a different night or an earlier seating time.

Visited September 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Accidental Find!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We had reservations at the Old Homestead that were messed up by someone on their end and we were told that we would not be able to get a table until 11pm. Hungry, we walked around the casino and found this place. They also didn't have anything for us until 11pm, but they had a pretty large first come-first serve area by the bar. Our waiter and busser did an a great job looking out for a table for us. The food was amazing. I could have made a meal out of the bread alone! We got a couple of pizzas as appetizers. They were fantastic. For Dinner I had the Boar Ragu and it was awesome. We all took bites of each others dishes and I don't think I tasted anything that wasn't delicious. A+ for service, food, and decor!

• Visited July 2013