“Best pizza in 60 years”

A Dam Good Sports Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
A Dam Good Sports Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #80 of 399 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Transit: Jitney service
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
“Best pizza in 60 years”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Old Philadelphia guy has eaten Pizza since the 1940s, but this was the best white pizza ever - and only $6. Wife, who is not a pizza fan, thought it was great, too. Beer special was $2. Can you beat this anywhere, plus multiple tvs. It's noisy, crowded, but what a bargain.

• Visited November 2013

Churchville, Maryland
“NIce Atmosphere, but poor service and food.”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is the second time we stooped in here while staying at the Tropicana. We should not have went back after the first visit, but I believe in second chances. Well they had a second chance and we will not be back.

As sports bars go, there is nothing special about this place other than it sits in a major casino hotel property and it is the only one on the property other than Hooters. Looking back, we probably should have went to Hooter's (been there many times and never had a bad experience )

First the service was very, very slow. I don't blame the server. They had two servers working the entire place which was disgraceful on a busy summer night. Not from the area but you would think with the home team on every TV and the place packed because of it, they would have had more servers working. .

We had to wait for everything, and not just a few minutes, but a long time. Heck, we waited forever to get the check and then to pay it. I finally had to take the check up to the bar. We ordered two of the simplest menu items and it took almost 40 minutes to get our food. I know it took that long because it was well into the second quarter before we got our food. We got there when the game started. The menu is only one level up from fast food, so it isn't that complicated! You can't blame the Eagles game because the last time we were there, there was no game on and it was the same problem.

Our long wait would not have been bad if the food was good. Dinner was cold by the time we got it, my dinner was slightly burned and the waitress messed up our sides. When I stated that she got the side wrong, she told me that "the kitchen is really backed up and it would take her a while to get me a new side". Really, how long does it take to get a side?

I try and find the positive in things. It takes a lot to get a poor rating out of me, but this is it. So they have had two chances and we are not going back.

• Visited August 2013
“Love it”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for a drink before dinner at Carmine's. The staff was great and how can you beat $5.00 40's. It's a must when down the south end of the boardwalk.

Visited August 2013
Amityville, New York
“A must stop for good food, great service and fun atmosphere!!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Hubby and I were walking around the trop trying to decide where to eat. We stumbled upon A Damn good sports bar and took a chance. Boy were we happy. Had the nachos to start. Yummy! Hubs got a GIANT fat delicious burger. I got the buffalo chicken sliders which all were great! My margarita spilled and was so upset. The waitress got me a new one and was awesome!!! I'm going back to this place next time. Perfect lunch or great dinner before you go out. Drink specials all over. The $9 wine and 40oz beer looks like top sellers. Great spot!!!

• Visited July 2013
Oswego, New York
“Always Stop Here”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Good place for a quick bite to eat. Sliders and a good size beer along with the Stanley Cup playoffs kept us occupied for an hour or so. Only problem is that there are too few waitresses and they are busting to keep up. They do a good job, but another body or two to wait tables might help.

Visited June 2013