“Game Time”

A Dam Good Sports Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
A Dam Good Sports Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #70 of 413 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: American, Fast Food, Bar
Dining options: Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Brighton Avenue
Transit: Jitney service
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Be sure to hit this place if you want to see a game, we watch two games in OT for Sunday night football. The game and the fans were worth the trip.

Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Slowest service I've ever had. Not busy and bartender took forever for everything. Got the order wrong, forgot to bring things we asked for, gave us things we didnt order, and then charged us for all them. Dirtiest beer glasses outside of a fraternity house, killed the taste of the beer. Restrooms filthy also. Food was actually pretty good and at a fair price.

1  Thank badaspsvt
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This establishment discriminates against people with disabilities! If I could give them no starts I ABSOLUTELY would.

Last Saturday night Kevin and I were at the Tropicana Casino and decided to stop by this place...I never wished I could rethink a choice as much as I did after going here. If you don't know already Kevin had a stroke, and as a result he speaks with a moderately sever lisp and walks with a stumbling limp. At times due to his condition people mistake him for drunk. I understand to an extent that when someone in a bar is speaking slurred and "stumbling" you might be inclined to think he is overly intoxicated. So for this assumption I do not blame the staff. However, I tried to explain the situation to the security staff.

The security staff would not listen to what I was explaining to them. They physically picked up Kevin and tossed him out of the front door. The actually threw him to the ground so forcefully that he split his head open at his eye, scraped up his elbow, and bruised his ribs. This level of physical brutality was completely uncalled for. Kevin did not in any way resist or fight with them as they were carrying him out. Apparently I was not the only one who felt this way, while I was trying to explain what happened to an officer outside of the sports bar a stranger (who witnessed the altercation) spoke up and told the cop "This guy did nothing wrong, he was complying with them. There is no reason they should have put him to the ground like that".

After talking to the officer, and realizing he was not going to do anything, I turned back to the bar and asked to speak to the manager on duty. If nothing else the punk security guard (who continued to stand close by and make sarcastic comments to his fellow security staff) should be reported and reprimanded for mishandling the situation. The manager eventually did come out to speak with me. I was filling him in on the situation, but the entire time he was rolling his eyes and smirking. I was not aware that it is acceptable behavior to laugh at people with handicap issues. The manager ended our conversation by telling me his staff was in the right, but if I wanted to take this further I should talk to the guy who would be working in the morning. Really? Clearly the staff acts like this because the management lacks any kind of class.

Speaking of class, why would the Tropicana rent space to such a classless establishment? Any place that sells 40's (40 oz beer bottles) for $5 should not be in the Quarter at the Trop. This is an area that has obviously had multimillion dollar renovations, and really should cater to civil people. I would not be surprised at all to find out there are multiple disturbances at this bar every night. Why else would they have Atlantic City police officers stationed in front of this bar all night long?
The only people who should be patronizing this establishment ….actually, I don’t think anyone should go there. I would not recommend it to anyone. I would go so far as to tell you to steer clear, and avoid giving money to a business that would so blatantly mistreat disabled people.

1  Thank Kelly C
Reviewed September 19, 2012

easy, quick place for breakfast. good choices, reasonable pricing, our egg sandwiches were just as expected and totally enjoyable. no frills and seat yourself, fast exit to Boardwalk and beach.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Not very hard to be a good sports bar but this is a DAM Good Sports Bar for certain, specializing in their domestic 40s for $5 (if you can really put that much beer away) many people think of this bar as the 40s bar being it is not a common item. Other specials include $7 margaritas, $9 bottles of barefoot wine Sunday to Friday. Went 2 weeks ago on a Wednesday and Thursday with the family and Linsday was an excellent waitress, asking about drinks and how the food was consistently although the bar. Full bar did not mean worse or slower service which was a huge plus. Pleasant and swift staff all round (even at the bar) A MegaTouch 2000 game where you can play photo hunt. DJ Starts on THU at around 9pm and it is pretty excruciating (maybe he's deaf?) Its all good though bc im 29 and Im guessing the younger crowd wants to get crazy. I ate the Wings ($9) and the Crab Cake Platter ($20) both were above typical pub quality food. The entire tab was never something that needed re-checking. An overall EXCELLENT experience twice in the same week.