“Tiny little place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tony Boloney's

Tony Boloney's
Ranked #44 of 379 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Indigenous Atlantic City Pizza, Subs & Grub. Tony Boloney's is an Atlantic City original. We make turn-of-the-century Atlantic City style pizza and bad a$$ grub.We hail from the fast growing and ever changing historic inlet and toss dough in a landmark building. If you leave A.C. without trying our pizza or award winning subs you don't know what you're missing....-Mike, The Butcher, Owner
North Attleboro
“Tiny little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We decided to eat in and ordered pizza from Tony's. very tasty and they had lots of options. Would return there whenever I go back to AC.

Visited August 2013

New Jersey
“A Dive with Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Let's face it. The place is a dive. It could definitely use a little TLC. You can start by removing the all too dead flowers from the outside tables, cleaning the rest room (shared) and eliminating the condensation that drips from the air conditioning duct at a fast and furious rate on the head of the unfortunate patron sitting under it. That said, with the proper expectations, it is well worth a try. The food is on the money and the menu is interesting and creative.

The energetic young owner, Michael Hauke, just won a $20,000 prize for his Cheese Steak Ole in a Cook Off contest on the Live with Kelly and Michael Show. He beat out several other competitors from around the country. The sub was also the winner of a Guy Fieri Cheese Steak battle. My only concern is that the notoriety this delicious creation has received may divert attention from some of the other excellent items on the menu. That would be unfortunate. There are numerous things on the menu worth experiencing.

It is small place with makeshift seating, such as an old church pew and some hand me down tables and chairs. Outside seating consists of a few picnic tables. Although they are not usually overly busy, you can't always count on finding a seat right away. That may matter if you intend to eat in.

I would not recommend this as a place to to take young children only because of seating limitations, but I guess you could in a pinch. Parking is where ever you can find a spot on the street, but generally not a problem. Also, its not the place to go if you want a relaxed, intimate meal. Take out and delivery are options. Patrons consist mostly of some locals and tourists. It is reasonably priced. Help is friendly. Self service.

I really like this place and want to see the owner take it to the next level. Maybe the prize money will help him do that.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
NJ
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pizza was blah, cheesesteaks make up for it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We ordered a plain pizza and the cheesesteak ole. Pizza was actually not that good at all! Expected much better considering all their specialty pizzas. Maybe the specialty pizzas are better. LARGE menu, so many things to choose from! Cheesesteaks all looked so good, the ole was delicious! Small place, only seating for maybe 10 people. Counter girl was friendly, a real "dive" pizza place feel, definitely not romantic or maybe even for kids. Had some current hip hop playing, cursing and all, and the workers joking back and fourth behind the counter. My kind of place! Only gripe is the less-than-stellar pizza. Get a cheesesteak instead!!

• Visited June 2013
Benton, Pennsylvania
“Worth the Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I researched restaurants before our trip to Atlantic City, and when I viewed the menu to Tony Boloney's it made my mind up that I had to try it. My boyfriend had the cheesesteak ole and I had a pizza. Both were amazing! When we got to the restaurant we learned the owner was the guy that won the food truck challenge on the Kelly & Micheal show, my boyfriend was psyched about that. Now we see why he won! Great food and great atmosphere! You won't be disappointed!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank FlightAttd4AA
Home
“Amazing Cheesesteak and Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Wanted to try Tony Boloney's since it had such great reviews. We were not disappointed. We started with a Cheesesteak Ole that we shared. It was wonderful. Best cheesesteak I ever had. We could not decide on the Crabby Cronick or the Pepperoni so we got a small pizza of each. Words can not describe the taste. They were phenomenal. We shared a slice of the Sh#tfaced pizza, it was awesome too. We had leftovers since there were just 2 of us. I now know why the concierge at our resort said " The pizza at Tony Boloney's is sooo good, you will want to lick the box." Don't miss this on your trip to Atlantic City. You won't be disappointed. The staff were all so friendly and helpful. I can't wait to go back to AC again just for another cheesesteak and pizza.

• Visited July 2013