All reviews american cut studio suite players lounge opening weekend royal jelly sports book floor to ceiling windows lobby level grand opening beautiful property players card beautiful ocean view the jersey shore labor day restaurants and shops outdoor pool check in was a breeze
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My Husband and I visited Ocean Resort Casino this past weekend with another couple. Although the Resort is absolutely beautiful, we found it to be less than inviting. It was difficult to find staff members when we had questions and the layout was not convenient for going from your room to the casino/restaurants, etc. Most nights we found that once we got to our room, we really did not feel like walking back to the casino floor. That has certainly not been the case at other Atlantic City Hotels. Our room was beautiful with an ocean view and we were pleased with the Housekeeping services. We ate most of our meals in Café 500. Friday and Saturday night service was excellent and we all agreed that Jose (who brought our drinks) was the highlight of each visit. He was pleasant and more than willing to go out of his way to accommodate our needs. Since the previous services were so good, we decided to go to Café 500 for lunch on Sunday. What a totally different experience. We were seated promptly and our waitress took our drink orders, brought our drinks back to the table and then took our food order. Fast forward over an hour and we never saw her again or anything that even resembled a meal. None of the members of my group like to complain, but at a certain point we felt like someone should at least be coming to explain the delay. Just as luck would have it, I saw a gentleman in a suite and assumed he must be the manager. I explained to him that we had been waiting an excessive amount of time for our food and that we could also use a refill on drinks. He proceeded to tell me that they were very busy, but he would see what he could do. I watched him as he walked away and continued to do whatever it was he was doing as if I had never expressed a concern to him. At that point, I thought that maybe he was just the greeter. After about another 30 minutes, our food finally arrived, only to have to send items back and wait another 10 minutes to get the items corrected, etc. The only time our waitress showed up on time was to bring the bill to the table. At that point, I asked to speak with a Manager. When I looked up, the same Man in the Suit, that I assumed was the Greeter, was standing in front of me indicating he was the Manager (Ivo Penelski). When I say that Mr. Penelski needs to be sent to a school on how to execute appropriate service recovery, that is an understatement. He proceeded to tell me that they were extremely busy, had two call outs, etc. My immediate thought was why had I seen him casually strolling around the restaurant for the past two hours instead of rolling up his sleeves to assist? It seems as if he was more concerned about looking the part instead of making certain that his customers had an enjoyable experience. He never offered a sincere apology (Service Recovery 101) and he had the nerve to send the waitress over to tell us that he had taken off two of our appetizers. Well, Mr. Penelski, you missed the entire point!! Not everyone is looking to have something taken off their bill. Most people want you to acknowledge that there is indeed a problem, apologize and address it!! That is all we expected and yet we left thoroughly disappointed, disgusted and feeling robbed of the hours deducted from our mini vacation spent waiting on food!

9  Thank Dana R
YvonneF1498, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Resort Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dana R, thank you for your review on your latest visit. Please accept our apologies for your disappointment experience at Cafe 500. We strive to offer exceptional service to complement our amazing property and regret that we have fallen short. Please know that we are taking all guest feedback seriously and making the necessary adjustments to ensure each of our guests have an enjoyable experience. We hope you choose to visit Ocean Resort Casino again soon.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Went for veterans day uso show,staff was great for guiding us around as building is big.They gave us free tickets for show right up front for being a veteran & free parking.Building was super clean & decor was excellent.Happy hour had good finger food at the bar by slots,& again the staff was great for service

4  Thank Jack D

Jack D, thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. We are very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable visit. Can't wait to have you back soon!

Reviewed November 10, 2018 via mobile

I just returned from a ladies night at Ocean Resort. We had a blast. The room and casino were both very clean. The staff was professional and accommodating. There were great options for happy hour! And our view was spectacular! I will definitely return for an overnight stay at Ocean Resort.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank jbelmcd

jbelmcd, thank you for your 5- star review. We are very happy to know you found your stay to be very enjoyable. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed November 10, 2018

I have to say...this hotel is fabulous! My husband and I just went down for a long weekend for Teacher's Convention. When it comes to travel and hotels, we have very high standards and the Ocean Resort did not disappoint. New, clean, modern, appealing...If you are looking for a hidden gem amidst the Atlantic City smoke, noise, old hotels/casinos, and rowdy crowds...Ocean Resort is your place.

The structure of the hotel is massive and each area offers a different feel. The decor really brings the 'ocean' feel. Many areas just feel serene, tranquil, and spa-like. We spent hours just exploring.

The casino floor has a nice flow. We never had a hard time getting on a table. This casino is considerably cleaner than the others and does not smell of smoke the way the other casinos (and the hotels) do. We were thankful for that! The dealers and pit bosses were knowledgeable and friendly. There were also so many waitresses covering the floor that drinks flowed readily. You had your drink in hand within moments of ordering it.

Ocean Resort really offers something for everyone. There are many restaurants options - so many that we wanted to try but just didn't have enough time for. American Cut for dinner was absolutely delicious and the 'carrot' is a must-do experience! We loved Cafe500 for breakfast so much that we returned each morning. (Don't miss the California Bowl and the potatoes that accompany the eggs). I really wanted to eat at Jose Garces Distrito, Pit Boss BBQ, and Sweetie Pie Creamery but we ran out of time. So a return is a must and by then Wahlburgers will be open as well.

Lots of shopping options are available and there are plenty more retail spaces so new shops are on the way. It was nice just to spend some time going in and out of the shops on premise, especially on a rainy day.

We visited the spa - just to take a look - definitely a must for our next trip!

The staff from the front desk to the parking garage attendant and everyone in between were courteous, helpful, and always with a smile!

My only complaint is the actual room. The view was spectacular...ocean view from every window! But...although the room is modern and the bathroom is amazing, the bed was terribly uncomfortable and the sheets are not soft at all. Needless to say, I came home very tired.

We hope the hotel continues to have success and look forward to returning next year.

Room tip: Rooms on north side offer pure ocean view. South side offer ocean, boardwalk, and city view. Request a high floor to enjoy the best views!
3  Thank Kimberly L

Kimberly L, thank you for taking the time to share the details of your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay. While we are very happy to know you enjoyed many aspects of your stay, we are saddened to learn of your disappointment with the bed and sheets in your room. . We will share your feedback with the appropriate department. All feedback helps us to improve every aspect of the guest experience. We look forward to seeing you at the Ocean Resort Casino again soon!

Reviewed November 10, 2018

My Wife and I stayed 2 nights for teachers convention 11/08 & 09 - 2018. We travel often, so we have a really good Idea for hotel comparisons. Let me start by saying I have read the negative feedback, and we can honestly say we have no Idea what they are saying or experienced ! No Idea ! Our experience for the 2 days & nights we spent here was completely fantastic.

Our check-in was under 15 min.
The staff from top to bottom was friendly & courteous. The front desk, dining, parking garage, ( you name it. ) Our room was clean. ( sheets can be a little softer for a plus. ) The Hotel is great, the casino is good enough, and not overly loud and crazy like some other A/C hotels.
We dined at the American Cut. Dinner was fantastic, try the carrot ( it will not disappoint ) The service there was great too. We also had Breakfast at the Cafe 500, again courteous staff ( have the California bowl ) excellent. It looks like more retail stores and restaurants are opening up. ( Next time we will try Amada ) the views are amazing. The casino staff is friendly. Lots to explore.

Ocean Resort will be our go to hotel in A/C for months & years to come, Keep up the great work there !

2  Thank Nick P

Nick P, thank you for such a wonderful review. We are pleased to learn your experience was amazing! We hope to have you return to stay with us soon!