“Horrible experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Johnny Rockets - CLOSED

Johnny Rockets
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Boston, Massachusetts
“Horrible experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I went there over this past weekend and the service was horrible. I went a second time because I thought it was just a bad waitress and got another bad waitress. Gave plastic utensils to us that were horrible!! They stated they were having a fork "shortage" second time I went I was given metal utensils but then the waitress came back and asked if we were using them because if we were she was going to use them for another table!! Food was okay but HORRIBLE service. Waited forever for food to come and waitresses never checked on us. First and last time I will be going there

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“to expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

$11.43 was the cost for a rocket single which is a cheeseburger with unlimited fries and a coke. Waitresses did a cheesy dance to paula sommers song "let's dance". they looked as if they were not enjoying having to do it. If looking for an inexpensive lunch go to the third floor of the pier shops that overlook ocean and get a hot dog for about $4.00

Texas
“Burger joint”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

We ate at this Johnny Rockets when visiting the Boardwalk. The service was okay and the food was just okay. Just a buyer joint,but not as much fun as some of the other Johnny Rockets we have eaten at in the past.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Opened Late - Fried foods late = Win-Win”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

Finally hit this place up, usually go to PIckles when in town and in Bally's, but finally hit this place up while the wife finished up her card game. Clean and decent service - like most Johnny Rockets. The best part is that it is open late which is useful when you are up late playing and get hungry and want a bite to eat.

Visited January 2014
York, Pennsylvania
“"Happy Days" in the 21st century!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

Just like the TV show, it's a malt shop / hamburger joint with wallboxes, 50's style fixtures and decor. Staff is friendly, pulls open the lid of the straw dispenser for you to take one, paints a smiley on a tray with ketchup for your fries, etc.

We took a bus trip to Showboat, so it was convenient to eat here. Not that we wouldn't have gone out of our way--we have in the past when being delivered to other casinos--it was just nice to be able to have such a great place so close to our action.

This is a 2 in 1 review, because we ate here TWICE on Sunday. First, breakfast, then lunch. I was going to order pancakes with blueberries, but they had run out, so I ordered strawberries instead. They were delicious! I was going to play some music, but I believe that they had the wallboxes turned off at the time, at least mine didn't function, and it had a broken key.

Ivana, our friendly server, kept looking after us and did a fine job. The place was busy, but we didn't have long to wait for our food.

At lunch time, Raul served us. He was kind and efficient as well. I got the original burger, and it tastes just like the ones Dad makes on the grill...no skimping on the meat! I was going to play some tunes but alas, the wallbox at this table had broken keys as well! Music came from somewhere, so I'm glad that the system wasn't completely down.

We also ordered half fries / half onion rings. Delicious, plump fries, several of which were 6", so no cutoff scraps were served.

We didn't catch the staff singing and dancing this time, but have on many other occasions. I think they enjoy being able to cut loose once in a while after working so hard!

The value is pretty good for what you get, and like their motto says, "Food made in sight must be right!". If you want great food and decent portions from a sanitary kitchen, eat here.