“Pleasent Surprise”

McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 408 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Brigantine Blvd.
Transit: Jitney serves the entire Atlantic City area plus Harrah's Casino has a shuttle service between Harrah's properties.
Description: Sit back, relax & indulge in the time-honored culinary tradition of the classic steakhouse. Established in 2000, The Steakhouse is the most enduring restaurant at Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City. This dining destination showcases intimately cozy booths encircling spacious tables for your comfort & privacy. Overhead, hand-hammered copper ceilings reflect the warm glow of subtle lighting. The inarguable specialties of the house are the prime meats, notably dry-aged Delmonico Steaks & Black Angus Prime Rib. But you’ll also find fresh fish specials along with both a sushi & a raw bar for those seafood cravings. Complementing the gourmet entrees are baked-on-the-premises breads, fresh salads, imaginative side dishes & decadent desserts. The Steakhouse chefs can & will gladly accommodate guests with special dietary needs. *Our Total Reward members enjoy special pricing at most of our restaurants. Not a member yet? Join today! https://www.totalrewards.com/Program
Reviewed February 21, 2014

WE went for dinner in our hotel on a rainy night and chose McCormick and Schmidts. Not beinf a fan of Seafood but being with someone who does, we gave it a try. Ryan, our Server, was a wealth of information about the meals, the content and the preparation. He guided me to a Parmesean Chicken and my friend to a specially preparedTalipia.
The meal could not gave been better and the presentation was impressive. Drinks and atmosphere and Ryan's help combined to create a memorable evening. I recommend it heartily and will return again!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

This is the third time we've eaten at the McCormick and Schmick's at Harrah's in Atlantic City in the 12 months, and we've been consistently impressed with our dinners there.

I made a reservation weeks in advance for this past Sunday (not for Valentine's but for a birthday, which I noted in the comments when reserving).

Even though it was a busy holiday weekend and we had a peak time reservation of 7:30, I was highly surprised. We were given a private booth (the first time in the three visits) as well as special menus and a complimentary birthday dessert. I know the menus and the dessert are typical birthday protocol for them, but I figured with a busy holiday weekend it wouldn't be taken care of. But it was. And the booth was very nice, very romantic, and that was a special treat that I greatly enjoyed as we were dressed up and it was my birthday.

The food is consistently great at this restaurant. I've gotten similar items each time (The Seafood Trio), and the Walnut/Blue Cheese Salad. Both excellent. My fiance has always said good things about the steak, and whatever shrimp appetizer he orders (this time it was the coconut shrimp).

What I love about this location is their willingness to work with you. I ask to subsitute a side (both of the last two times) and there is no issue. The butternut rice is amazing! And the prices are quite reasonable for what you are getting.

I feel it's a great value for the money and I've never been disappointed with the meal. The service is polite - we sometimes ask to take photos for special occasions and they oblige. (Jonathan on Sunday was a sweetheart).

Overall, there are tons of choices in Atlantic City but somehow we always gladly return here.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Atmosphere was very nice. Staff extremely pleasant and service was great. Menu, as always, is is varied and the seafood is always fresh and prepared well. Everything was quite tastey.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We went here for dinner sat 1/11/14 at about 10:00 so were not crowded ordered food gave us bread even that was disgusting and in less then 5 mins our food came out only way this was possible is if prepared a head of time and heated in microwave did not think about it at 1st but my wife's shrimps were not hot we complained and waiter brought over manager who said that another table ordered what we did there maybe 10 other people in there so that could not be possible they did comp my wife's meal but have comped mine to the mashed potatoes here are instant I would never recommend this restaurant very expensive and you do not get what you pay for

2  Thank bghjr0918
Reviewed January 17, 2014

The menu is what you would expect for a seafood place, but the food each time has not been hot and the service just average. I went here twice once at the bar and once in the restaurant.

First time, I went looking for scallops and was told by the bartender that they are not on the lunch menu and nothing can be done. I ordered fish and chips which was fine, but it had to be sitting in the back for a while as the food was warm at best and the "chips" were more on the cold side. The bartender seemed to interested in talking to locals to help so I just left.

Second time, thinking the first issue was related to the service went to the restaurant. The service was somewhat better at the beginning, but again the order took forever to come out even with a half empty restaurant. The fish that arrived was warm and nothing special. With the prices they need to improve the food, pay better attention to the service, and remember the guests are important.