“Good budget motel!”

Knights Inn Atlantic City/near Boardwalk
Ranked #30 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
“Good budget motel!”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I've seen some really negative reviews about this motel, and I'm not sure what they were expecting! This is a no frills, budget motel. Much cheaper than casino hotels but still close to everything. The first night we went to Showboat & Taj Mahal. Took less than 5 minutes to walk there. The next day/night we walked about 5-7 minutes in the other direction to the boardwalk, where everything else is. Both nights we walked home at 4:00am & 5:00am with no concern for our safety. It can be a little noisy in the morning, especially if you want to sleep in.....bring a noise machine or radio. Birds and cars are out the motel's control!

We had a great weekend in Atlantic City and the motel was just what we expected. An older motel that could probably use some paint, but otherwise was clean and convenient. If you expect a 5 star motel, pay 300+/night and stay in one. If you want a fun weekend where you don't spend a fortune on a motel room you're never in and have more to spend on food and fun, this is a good place to stay!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I gave this place a one star rating because I could not give a ZERO rating.

TL;DR: unfriendly staff, dirty room, felt unsafe, BEDBUGS!!

Here is my experience:

My friends and I arrived at around 4pm. The front desk guys were very rude to begin with. He wanted to charge us $20 extra for guests 3 and 4. We had booked a double bed room. We got that squared away as they were not going to be staying with us in the inn. The receptionist response was "we have security cameras and will automatically charge you $20 per extra guest". We said sure that is fine as they were not staying in the hotel with us.

We get to the room and were horrified by the room. Everything was very old an didnt seem to be very clean. But we did not expect much from the place, so we ignored the signs that we should not be sleeping in that place.

We left the inn and went to the near casinos in the area. We return to the inn at around 4am to get so sleep. When i lifted the covers, i noticed the pillow cases were yellow. Again, I ignored the signs that I should not be staying there. I was in one bed and my buddy was in the other bed. I joked around that that place probably has bedbugs. NOT ONE MINUTE LATER, my buddy gets bit by a bedbug. We packed up our stuff and left right away and went to complain to the staff. The staff that was working came to check out the room but could not find anything. We asked for a refund and he told us to call back in the morning to talk to the manager because we booked through a third party.

I called the manager and he gave me attitude and said that we had four people in the room and that we were lying at the bedbugs. I told him to check the security cameras like he said he was going to do so he can charge me extra. he hung up on me... That was the end of it for now.

Room Tip: This inn is conveniently located to the board walk. Other than that, everything else is terrible.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank AntTripAdviser

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Knights Inn was very conveniently located( 6 mins walking from boardwalk & 10 mins walking from Greyhound Bus station). Room was very good & clean. Microwave, Television & freezer everything was in very good condition. Bathroom was very clean. Desk staff was very gentle & breakfast was good.Look, I have rated it 4 based on value for money!! If you don't want to spend a lot of money for accommodation & want a decent place just go for it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I checked in room 102 just next to the office at 4 pm the front desk staff was very nice, the room was very good the bed was new n the breakfast was continental the room was clean n the sheets changed for my stay at this hotel for 2 nights, I would always come back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple