New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Knight's Inn review” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Knights Inn Atlantic City/near Boardwalk

Knights Inn Atlantic City/near Boardwalk
Ranked #32 of 52 Hotels in Atlantic City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Atlantic City, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

This Knights Inn is at a great location and you can't beat the deal! Its only a block away from the boardwalk and beach, across from a 24/.7 market and a restaurant. We stayed there on a weekday- the front desk staff was very courteous and helpful, assuring us that this was a safe and prime location to stay. It was a great deal for the money. The rooms are very clean complete with a refridgerator and microwave, as well as a nice size flat screen TV. They do serve a continental breakfast which is included in the price. If you are visiting Atlantic City and you want a nice hotel, close to everything, and do not want to pay high prices, I highly recommend the Knights Inn on Pacific Avenue. Very close to a couple of casinos as well. Great accomodations- they did have vacancy during the weekday but I recommend you call and reserve for a weekend as they get quite busy. Clean, safe and in the heart of A/C!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

My Hubby and I stayed at the Knights Inn for 3 nights and we enjoyed our stay. It was clean, the staff was friendly and it was in good spot. Very close to the boardwalk and to Taj, Resorts and other key places of interest. We found a lot of cool places to eat; the jitney stopped right infront of the motel too( that is a great plus too!) We booked a king size bed that was very comfortable and large. The room also had a very large flat screen T.V.. a dinner and a 24 hour store are across the street is a plus when you're looking for late night snacks. I will be coming back to the Knights inn really soon. Great place for the price, safe, clean and very close to all the Atlantic City night life action!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Let me preface by saying I stayed 2 nights at this hotel in an A/C getaway... I arrived about 11 pm and was relieved to find the front desk still staffed by a friendly chap; blimey; as a matter of fact, he was there late into the night. A quick, easy check-in. A fairly clean room, with mini-fridge, facial soap, cable TV, hair dryer, coffee maker (morning coffee available), bowed shower rod, inclusive amenities. Prime location along busy Pacific Avenue, with the Pacific Ave. Jitney stop right outside. The only drawback, is the noise coming from the cars in day; I would recommend an early night and an early rise.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Fairfax, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

This place looks more or less like most of the non-casino motels in AC. The city is a dump and has that not-so-safe feel to it, so that's not the hotel's fault. I usually stay at the Trop or one of the other casino hotels, but I joined in on a last-minute trip and this place was 25% the price of the casinos. One of the first warning signs should have been that one of the rooms along the steet had been converted into one of those cash-for-gold shops (I noticed another motel that did the same thing). Their sign along the street above the entrance says free breakfast, but there are signs posted on the lobby window and at the desk that say "No Breakfast. Only Coffee. 6:30-9:30" They also had signs saying "No Visitors" and "Illegal activity prohibited." Yikes. The lobby is only large enough for one or two people. They don't even have a soda machine at this hotel, and the shady so-called 24-hour market across the street was not open at night. While I was trying to take a nap, the power went out in my room, and the desk clerk tried to say I was overloading the system (I had the TV and ONE lamp on). Other guests came to complain too, so he went and did something to get the power back on. With my room being right on the front side of the building, I heard the rumbling every time a big truck drove by on Pacific Avenue.

On a positive note, the room was decent and clean, and at least they had upgraded to flat-panel TVs (something even the Trop hadn't done, at least as of the last time I was there). But...there was no ESPN on their channel lineup! I don't know who their provider is, but they had CSPAN, Oxygen, at least one Spanish channel, and ESPN2, but no ESPN! Of course, there was no channel guide provided, but I went through the entire range of 20-25 channels numerous times.

All in all, I'll find someplace else next time. I'm not sure if this was or is becoming a Travelodge, as that was the logo on some the signs in the lobby and the tray in the room. The Knights Inn elsewhere in town seems to get good reviews. I also noticed many of the other motels at least provide some sort of continental breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank CosmoVA

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

SoJersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

This place wouldn't get so much as 1 Star from us! Granted we made a huge mistake ....I read the review for knights inn at another location :( still would have never expected what we checked in to. Unsavory characters standing right outside the room doors! Scary to say the least. The place is located in the dumps ! The parking is around the back and to say the least I was terrified though I was with my husband. There is no lobby'. There's an office ...OUT SIDE! Our room was supposed to be non smoking, smelled like 20 Packs of lit cigs.The bed smelled ! The blinds didn't work. The shower was dingy ....peeled paint from the ceiling and the lamp did not work! .....we had reservations for a show at the Tropicana Ballroom , which was Amazing, the highlight of our evening. We should have really stayed there.
We returned to the room, slept uncomfortably for about an hour and a half and got the hell out of there! The first thing we did was throw whatever clothing touched the room in the wash ! 176$ For an insect's Paradise! Stay Away!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 5dolphins
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Worst place ever!!!!!
First I notice the doors are open you don't even need the card key to open your door so I suggest leaving your things in the car they are more safe there if you have a car. Then after noticing that first thing I enter my room the pillows are stained yellow n so were the sheets, YUCKKKKK!!! Then while being in the room after a while I see a spider crawling on one of the pillows.... Now I'm just wondering what else should I expect from this place? The bathtub was clogged so was the sink..The next morning after this nightmare I find out the cleaning little people threw my toothpaste out. After I tried speaking with the manager at front desk and explained what happen, he says he has a brand new toothpaste in his car to give him $3 for it ???!!! Are you serious? I cursed him out took my bags and left .... Don't want to go through hell!? Do not stay hereeeee!!!!! This hotel should be closed downnnnnnn!!!!

• Stayed August 2012