“Wouldn't be on my list of places to return to” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Atlantic City/near Boardwalk

Knights Inn Atlantic City/near Boardwalk
Ranked #33 of 53 Hotels in Atlantic City
Berlin, New Jersey
“Wouldn't be on my list of places to return to”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We booked a stay here while participating in an event in Atlantic City. Considering the positive reviews, I was very surprised to find that this place was very dumpy and in need of serious update. In particular, floors were dingy, bathroom tiles & grout were cracked/stained, paint was peeling and especially unnerving - the lock on the door was not well attached and the door did not shut completely (see my photos). It seemed that there may have been some renovation going on in some rooms, so perhaps they're already working on the problem, but they clearly hadn't updated this room (#100) for quite some time.

On the positive side, the manager was a very nice, helpful man, and there is a good pizza place next door. However, the negatives severely outweigh the good points.

1 Thank MikeandGayle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The hotel was nice. Unfortunately, there was a tornado touchdown that night - the roof came off, the alarm went on for over an hour & there was no electricity. It was a very hot night. Even then they gave us the usual continental breakfast. At 5 in the evening they told everyone to leave as the electricity didn't come on. The hotel was kind enough to return the 2 day stay money. All in all it was a good hotel not very close to the beach as indicated but it served our prupose of visiting Atlantic City.

Room Tip: Nice hotel but pricey for what it is.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lorraineval
clifton, nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

It was just what we needed for weekend getaway. Small double room, Clean, good quick breakfast clean pool.

1 Thank rroman
Oakland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

This is a bit of a different type of review. I knew nothing of this hotel or Atlantic City and booked this Knights Inn sight unseen. It turns out, just before the 4th of July there was something like a tornado that ripped through the local area damaging tons. The Knights Inn had part of its roof ripped off, phone wires and poles ripped out, and exterior cable lines destroyed. Other than a phone we knew we wouldn't need, and a slight lack of cable (who needs it that bad at the beach?), it was great! The prices are awesome for being only 4 blocks from the beach. The pool and sundeck are really big and never in the shade. And the staff was extremely knowledgable and helpful in any and every way they can be. I watched Brad, the Manager, deal with an irate guest (over a Natural Disaster mind you) with a calm and smiling demeanor that most would never have been able to manage and make her happy by the end. Kudos. He was awesome. Try this place. It is well worth the money (FAR LESS than the casinos) for all that it and the staff is.

5 Thank Alex A
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

This Travelodge is awesome! It's not the nicest of hotels (but you can't expect much for its price) but the staff is super friendly and helpful. There is a shuttle that goes to the casinos as well.

The reason why the staff is so awesome besides their responsiveness and helpful tips is that I left my nice Canon SLR camera in the safe. The next morning they got it out for me and had a local delivery service pick it up to ship to me. My camera got to me within a couple of days with absolutely no hassle!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sarah K
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed at the AC Knights Inn over Memorial Day Weekend. We loved the location, the price, the continental breakfast, our room, and had unbelievable weather too! Most of the staff was eager to help any way they could. At Check-Out we stood behind and irate woman that wanted money back for something SHE broke. I was overwhelmingly impressed by how Brad at the desk took her profanity, remained calm, and promised to look into it and do whatever he could, despite her wanting immediate satisfaction. Some property's going to steal him away. I would've freaked out on this woman. We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Room location depends on whether you want to be near the pool or not, really.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Maria S
Cliffside Park, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

OMG , I won't ever make that mistake again, I was trying to save some money so I convince my two friends to book at this motel one Saturday night, first they ripped me off , the price of one night is $238, ( while we stayed at Golden nugget the next night ,which is Sunday and we paid only $67 )
second , most of their irons not working. the towels , though are washed ,but are full of stains . the fridge wasn't working and most plugs weren't working too
to top it all , when I went back home I got bed bugs bites all over my arm and leg , my niece got bites too and she actually saw one , we spend that night like morners , distressed to the utmost , the problem is my friend stayed over with us for two weeks and now my sister and niece are blaming her for bringing the bed bug, poor friend , i had to tell her to disinterrupt her stay with us and to leave the appartment because we need to move out when we make the gassing
now I have us ( infested) my friend who is going to her cousin house and my other friend
and God knows to how many people they will be meeting and spreading the bed bug on their way
I did asked my friend before she leaves, to wash and heat dry all her clothes and even her suitcase
hope that will work
that was one of my most horrible experinces , we still didn't gas the appartment and now I think I infest it my car too , since I moved my exposed to heat clothing to the car thinking it's a safe place
now we will end up spending thousands ( if the landlord refuse to pay for the expenses)
I couldn't agree more with all who mentioned that the psycological stress is something that it's hard to deal with

Room Tip: never stay in this hotel. and if you can't afford to stay on one of the fancy hotels around , I...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends