“About what you'd expect... maybe a little worse.”

Red Carpet Inn & Suites
Ranked #30 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
North Billerica, Massachusetts
“About what you'd expect... maybe a little worse.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

My boyfriend and I recently stayed in Atlantic City for 5 days. Hoping to save a little money, we opted to stay at the Red Carpet Inn over the weekend before heading over to Bally’s on Sunday. For the price, it was pretty much what we expected. But there was no way to exit the motel from your room… you had to go down into the lobby and exit there, which leads right out to the street. Fine during the day but anyone who’s been to Atlantic City knows you can bump into some sketchy characters on the streets at night. And it’s about a five minute walk to the boardwalk, so don’t stay here if you want to be right in the action.

The room was clean for the most part. There were a few stains on the comforter (didn’t bother us, but I know some people get freaked out by that) and we had some problems with the TV (it had a mind of its own), but other than that nothing major. One thing we were kind of upset about… we always leave the Do Not Disturb signs up because we’d rather they didn’t go in and clean at all during our stay. But in the morning we couldn’t find one of those signs in our room, so we left, assuming that they would not come around to clean. We closed the curtain because we left all of our personal belongings right out in the open (a laptop, my purse, etc.). But when we got back to the room later, our curtain was wide open! The maid had opened it when she went in to clean. If I leave the curtain closed it means I wanted it that way.

Aside from that, I do have to say, the older gentleman at the front desk was very, very nice and extremely helpful. Checking in was pleasant, and he always smiled and said hello when you came in.

All in all, because of the location and the walk, I don’t really think this is the best place for families with young children. But if you’re not super picky and don’t mind the lack of luxury, this motel is fine, and a cheap option for a vacation in AC.

P.S. If you get a chance, stop by Constantino’s right next door for breakfast. The service was great, and the food was pretty good!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank srrbell

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2012

I was in Atlantic City celebrating my 21st, and didn't want to pay the ridiculously priced Saturday rates in most of the hotels in Atlantic City, So, my boyfriend and I opted for the Red Carpet Inn, since it was only a fraction of the price of most hotels. To be honest, you get what you paid for. I was hesitant in staying at Red Carpet, but my stay was very pleasant. The receptionists were attentive and courteous. They were really nice to us. They were lenient in our late check-out (we were recovering from the previous night's booze-fest haha), and even let us park the car in their lot after checking out, giving us some time to eat and walk on the boardwalk. When we first came into our room, it smelled like someone sprayed air freshener on every surface of the room. We had to keep the door open to air it out. But afterwards, everything was smooth sailing. Bathroom was a little old and rusty, but still fairly clean. The comforter was old and had holes, so we decided not to use it and crank up the heat instead. We had free Wi-Fi, free cable, free pastries in the morning-- hey, we weren't complaining. But it doesn't compare to a nice standard room in a Hotel/Casino. If you're staying on a weekday, find a nice hotel, as rates would probably be pretty inexpensive, and you get to enjoy luxuries that you can't find in a motel. Red Carpet is if you're on a budget or need a decent place to crash for the night. The only reason we even considered an inn/motel was because our trip fell on a Saturday to Sunday stay, and prices were really high. Plus, we knew that we wouldn't spend that much time in our room. We didn't want to spend $300 to $400 for a room we'd barely stay in. We went to the casinos and clubs, and came back at 5 in the morning. Great service, good price, decent place.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank NF25
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

since everywhere was booked we were stuck here for 2 nites w my gf.( presidents weekend) it was a last minute getaway. anyway since the location was not so far off we booked it. the 24 hour receptionest was half asleep 24 hours a day ..... breakfast coffee? really? thats a joke! the room had a weird odor i cannot describe the floor(carpet) felt wet. and towels were not even so clean( Thanks to my quick thinking i had brought my own) i didnt even want to take a shower. the windows were too thin...the door had like 5 locks on it and it wasnt the safest place at all! the heat worked after few hours. but if you want to go for a night and just need a spot to crash then go ahead its for you... but never for me again...
red carpet was a total black carpet....

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank YasBerry

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

The lobby was dirty and smelly, but the room and bathroom are very clean and its a short walk to the boardwalk.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pandabear10683
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2010

We chose the Red Carpet Inn because we were seeing Martina McBride at the Trump Taj Mahal. It was convient to the Taj, we didnt have to walk far at night, which you dont really want to do in AC. You get thru the room thru the lobby and someone was always in the desk so no random street people are roaming around. It was clean, the beds were clean and so was the bathroom. I just wish it wasnt soo expensive, they jacked the prices cause of all the concerts in that weekend. It was diecent for one night, if I had to go back for a night but couldent afford to stay in the casino, I would stay there. I wish it had a pool though.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank pixieinpink1790
newyork, ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2010

First I would like to say that I have read some of the reviews and don't know where some of these ppl went, I have been going to the Motel, when it was called the Crown Motel for (4Yrs) now and everytime gets better and better, we look forward to the place before we even get there, I just recommend my Niece to go there 2 saturdays ago, even though she only stayed one night she informed me that it was relaxing and the beds slept comfotable, wish that she would have stayed another night. I have recommend this place to a couple of my family / friends as well and they have enjoyed as well and some look forward to going as well. As long as the rooms are clean, comfortable and relaxing I will / we will continue to keep coming. Thank you RByers

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sweetnlow2
logan_1675
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2010

The room was terrible. The bed spread and sheets had stains. The paint was peeling. There were burn marks on the carpet even though we stayed in a non-smoking room. Definitely spend the extra money to stay at 1 of the casinos.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends